Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just don't Get it !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Just don't Get it !

Sep 3, 2018, 5:12 PM

Game music should be for the ones still paying the bills-not the players, students or recruits. They are GETTING their bills paid for them. If they want their music then when they are 40 and paying the bills and us old codgers are long gone then play their pile of crap. Same way at church nowadays. Everything geared toward the young. No wonder they grow up thinking the world revolves around them and when they find out it does not they can't handle it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just don't Get it !

Sep 3, 2018, 5:15 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha you dumb. The players generate the money, the players make all of this happen, music will never be catered to the fans.

Our music actually needs to be updated. They should let the starters make a playlist instead of playing rap songs from 5 years ago

Sep 3, 2018, 5:20 PM

Danny Ford would have told them to Shut-up and play football and not worry about the music.

Sep 3, 2018, 5:36 PM

As great as we was, we may have one now that is better. And he doesn't mind music. Whatever he's doing seems to be working

Have you considered just taking your walkman into the game?

Sep 3, 2018, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Just don't Get it ! ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Have you considered just taking your walkman into the game?

Sep 3, 2018, 5:37 PM

I do but can't hear it for the noise coming from the idiot DJ.

Sep 3, 2018, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Just don't Get it ! ]

doubt Danny even heard the music

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 5:56 PM

I dont think they even played music other than the band in those days. That would be great now actually.

Sep 3, 2018, 5:58 PM

if your handle is indicative of your grad year like mine, you probably can't hear it anymore

And where is Danny coaching now?***

Sep 3, 2018, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Just don't Get it ! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: And where is Danny coaching now?***

Sep 4, 2018, 10:36 PM

P i SS on you Keller. Don't ever put Ford down

Sep 4, 2018, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Just don't Get it ! ]

Why would anyone TD this ?

Sep 4, 2018, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Just don't Get it ! ]

I’m on both sides of this but has anyone else noticed how a Rolling Stones song can be popular for 50 plus years and it is lame if a rap song is played from 2-3 years ago???

What I’m saying is.... good music lasts... crap music does not.

Message was edited by: LemonTiger

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gotta disagree with you

Sep 4, 2018, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Just don't Get it ! ]

The dude was playing the new Travis Scott album....Cmon man, that's pretty current!!

;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 5:15 PM

Get off my lawn!

Sep 3, 2018, 5:24 PM

Game music is chosen by the players.

Sep 3, 2018, 5:26 PM

As it should be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

its chosen by the marketing team

Sep 4, 2018, 9:50 PM

Who take into account students, players and general fans. The idea being to create the best in game atmosphere possible

Bringing the crowd noise more important

Sep 3, 2018, 5:26 PM

Than music choices. Would rather hear the roar of the Death Valley crowd throughout a game. I can listen to my music at the tailgate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's it... get it out of your system

Sep 3, 2018, 5:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Sep 3, 2018, 5:40 PM

jmo but the players are the ones paying the bill, without them there is nothing ..

Sep 3, 2018, 5:42 PM

Ok. Take away IPTAY and scholarship money and see how that works out.

Sep 3, 2018, 5:50 PM

Be thankful at your old age you can still hear anything. And buy some dang earplugs since something so trivial bothers you.

Well then you no longer have a football program

Sep 5, 2018, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Just don't Get it ! ]

and rap music for you to b!tch about....

Sep 3, 2018, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Just don't Get it ! ]

It's not the players paying the bill, it's the fans. If there are no fans then all we have is intramurals and no one will pay to watch intramurals. Furthermore, a talented athlete will not go to a college just to play intramurals.

As for the (music) (noise), if the players are paying attention to what's coming over the PA system, they are not concentrating on what they are supposed to be doing. I believe any player would prefer hearing the roar of the crowd rather than some piped in music.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all respect to you Joe, have you seen the players get loose

Sep 3, 2018, 6:46 PM

Before a punt return? Or on the sidelines? A little music doesn't hurt them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: With all respect to you Joe, have you seen the players get loose

Sep 3, 2018, 7:12 PM

Yes. And I have seen their similar actions and reactions when there was no music. The roar of the fans trumps music. During a critical play on the field, the players always coax the crowds to make noise. I have never seen them call for music on the PA system.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm old, your taste in music is terrible

Sep 3, 2018, 5:41 PM

only Joe is old enough to appreciate it

Brace yourself, Elvis really is dead.

Sep 3, 2018, 5:44 PM

:)

Re: Brace yourself, Elvis really is dead.

Sep 3, 2018, 6:39 PM

Bull!! I just saw him buying peanut butter and bananas at the Walmart

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brace yourself, Elvis really is dead.

Sep 4, 2018, 1:20 PM

Well, thankee, thankee vury much!

Get off my lawn!***

Sep 3, 2018, 5:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 3, 2018, 6:04 PM

Come on you sound 80.. u want the young kids to feel the excitement and their music does that.... now go play bingo or shuffle board.

Sep 3, 2018, 6:09 PM

If it were music I would agree but it is just noise and shows their ignorance of music. DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA !

Sep 4, 2018, 9:48 PM

That sounds awfully similar to what the generations that came before yours said about rock & roll music, and jazz before that, etc?

Sep 3, 2018, 6:29 PM

Game music should be for the ones still paying the bills-not the players, students or recruits. They are GETTING their bills paid for them. If they want their music then when they are 40 and paying the bills and us old codgers are long gone then play their pile of crap. Same way at church nowadays. Everything geared toward the young. No wonder they grow up thinking the world revolves around them and when they find out it does not they can't handle it.

No one dislikes that stuff more than me but, get real. The players are the ones that bring in the fans( Of all ages) the students are the mainstay of the atmosphere so in essence THEY do pay the bills. Just to be clear I am old, but I love me some Tiger football and I have learned to accept it.

Sep 3, 2018, 6:31 PM

Don't Accept !! Fight City Hall !!--LOL

just take your hearing aides out until the game starts

Sep 3, 2018, 6:31 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're never gonna get either.

Sep 3, 2018, 6:41 PM

Just stay home and listen to your music if it's so important to you.

Sep 3, 2018, 6:54 PM

What makes you think just because you don’t like the music that other fans “paying the bills” feel the same way you do? I’m sure other share your feelings, but I’m also sure that many fans like the music just fine. Most fans really don’t care either way.

Sep 3, 2018, 6:58 PM

Only mentally ill people think rap is music.

Sep 3, 2018, 7:04 PM

Only very shallow people think of other people as being mentally ill simply because they don’t think exactly the way they do.

Sep 4, 2018, 10:28 PM

Ether adapt to the music, or don't bother going to games, it's sounds like you'd rather hear a way back concert in 1971 then watch a actual game in 2018. That music you prefer to listen to, ain't pumping up the players or fans during games, which I am guessing is prolly two times your age. Let the players listen to music that they know, not some song from the 70's, they have no clue about. I rarely post on here, full time reader tho. But let the music thing go, and go find a smartphone, and download Pandora, then you can listen any style of music you want to 247.

Your priorities are out of whack.

Sep 3, 2018, 7:21 PM

The music they play ain't important enough. Play what the students and players want to hear. People are only coming and paying the bills because of the players. No one, hopefully, is coming because of the music.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your priorities are out of whack.

Sep 4, 2018, 11:29 PM

>The music they play ain't important enough. Play what the students and players want to hear. People are only coming and paying the bills because of the players. No one, hopefully, is coming because of the music.

But there are probably many that DON'T COME because of the so-called 'music'!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 7:23 PM

If it makes you feel any better the students still listen to the Stones and Bon Jovi while they build First Friday floats and Homecoming displays.

handle checks out***

Sep 4, 2018, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Sep 4, 2018, 6:59 PM

Well, let’s just get it all out there! The grass was not green enough! The sun was shining in my eyes! I couldn’t read the scoreboard! The water was not cold enough! The pizza was not hot! The weather was too hot! Jeeez, get over it and watch the #### game!

Sep 4, 2018, 9:44 PM

Sounds about as grumpy as Nick Saban.

Sounds like a coot problem!***

Sep 4, 2018, 9:51 PM

Sep 4, 2018, 11:31 PM

Let's see....the young bucks that kick as$ or the old farts that talk about how they use to kick as$.

I'm rolling with the old farts!

Every year we see this same dumb thread

Sep 4, 2018, 11:56 PM

and every year it gets dumber and dumber..... #facepalm

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic