Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I got to wonder how long before Saban retires
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I got to wonder how long before Saban retires

Jan 10, 2019, 1:50 PM

He has been the model of consistency. But assistant coaching turnover is a nightmare. Every year coordinators and position coaches leave him for other schools. He absolutely HATES the media and press conferences. Now after the big loss Monday night I wonder how much longer he puts up with all the baggage that comes with coaching. He is 67 and Dabo is about 20 years younger with much more energy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I got to wonder how long before Saban retires

Jan 10, 2019, 1:58 PM

I do not believe Saban wants to leave on a loss. I believe Saban desperately wants to break Bear's record. I also believe he is is a good coach who knows that Bama is not going to beat Clemson until Trevor goes pro. That means he has to coach for at least three more years.

If we land Uiagaelelei he will resign on the spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2023, 12:22 PM

Yep the "crippled shuffle" he did at Justyn Ross's house during the in home, I believe cost him the greatest receiver I have ever seen. Justyn probably said, you aint Family you cant dance, but that Dabo he can dance.

i think he’ll retire in 2 years***

Jan 10, 2019, 2:01 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. he won't beat us again as long as TL is here.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:02 PM

And he might never beat Dabo again, if Dabo keeps BV.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:03 PM

I think next season could be his last.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We saw the same thing happen at FSU when Bowden got older

Jan 10, 2019, 2:05 PM

Revolving door of assistants, everyone jockying for positions, and the house crumbed down. Looking shaky at bama for the future. No team could sustain the revolving door of assistants he has had. And recruits get tied to who recruited them, and go where those assistants go.

I think he's close to hanging it up. I said after the

Jan 10, 2019, 2:08 PM

game that he has a look in his eyes that I have not seen before. I would be surprised if he hangs in there for more than another year. He honestly looked done to me Monday night.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 10, 2019, 2:08 PM

He has been the model of consistency. But assistant coaching turnover is a nightmare. Every year coordinators and position coaches leave him for other schools. He absolutely HATES the media and press conferences. Now after the big loss Monday night I wonder how much longer he puts up with all the baggage that comes with coaching. He is 67 and Dabo is about 20 years younger with much more energy.

Look back to 2014. Spurrier saw it then. Retired the very next year. Urban took the beat down and never recovered. Saban knew Monday after the first quarter he would never see #7. That's why he was not agitated as usual. It looks as though Dabo is the HOF grim reaper.

And while I'm at it, STOP SAYING " ROLL TIGERS". SAY ROAR TIGERS!! We are better than roll.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:09 PM

Look back to 2014. Spurrier saw it then. Retired the very next year. Urban took the beat down and never recovered. Saban knew Monday after the first quarter he would never see #7. That's why he was not agitated as usual. It looks as though Dabo is the HOF grim reaper.

And while I'm at it, STOP SAYING " ROLL TIGERS". SAY ROAR TIGERS!! We are better than roll.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:30 PM

Hey, I'm a huge Clemson fan, but if you think Alabama won't be back next year then you are not functioning in the reality universe. We can't ride on our laurels because not one point we scored this season will count in this upcoming season. This just makes us targets. I think that Dabo can impress this on our players. When we won the NC back in whenever under Danny Ford, the next season we were predicted by the pundits as number one. In our second or third game Georgia killed us and I believe that we lost three regular season games that year.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:55 PM

We lost to Georgia 7-13 on Labor Day night to open the 1982 season.

The next week saw us tie Boston College 17-17. Doug Flutie was their QB.

Both games were very tight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I got to wonder how long before Saban retires ]

We finished 9-1-1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I got to wonder how long before Saban retires ]

In ‘82, we were preseason 11 in the AP and 9 in the Coaches Poll.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Jan 10, 2019, 2:12 PM

Saban is a fierce competitor, and I don't see him retiring any time soon. He is obviously in excellent health, and I really think that he enjoys coaching. He's one of the greatest of all times, and I have nothing but admiration for what he has done for college football. He has been done a disservice by some of his loud-mouthed players.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:47 PM

Cannon - you’ve been on a roll with some reasonable and positive posts the past few days. You’ve made some good points. Jeep it up. That said, Saban is being slowly diminished by age like we all are and will be except LBB, Hartins, Joe and some others.

All the things you said about Saban’s greatness are true, but age and weariness are the great equalizers. Your comments on dumbas$ Bama player comments are dead-on. Still hair dye, diet, supplements and a nip & tuck here and there can’t keep the mind young. At 67, saban’s sustained energy and success have been remarkable, but it’s getting tougher on him and Dabo, Lawrence, and BV aren’t helping him. IMHO Saban has 1-3 years to pass Bear, and nothing wrong with leaving tied for championships with Bear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 2:51 PM

In 4 straight meetings, We are 2-2 against the Saband. It should be 3-1 but the zebras stole 2016 from us. Saban has coached for 30 +years. He has had many ex coaches on his staff evaluating Clemson over that same period. Saban didnt hick up on Monday. He seen the writing on the wall finally read out loud. He knows his time has passed. He knows Dabo yanked his card. I said on Saturday that the tide was running into a buzzsaw and most responses were I was drunk. Doesn't matter though, I look at the past as a guide to the future and not the here and now.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:51 PM

In 4 straight meetings, We are 2-2 against the Saband. It should be 3-1 but the zebras stole 2016 from us. Saban has coached for 30 +years. He has had many ex coaches on his staff evaluating Clemson over that same period. Saban didnt hick up on Monday. He seen the writing on the wall finally read out loud. He knows his time has passed. He knows Dabo yanked his card. I said on Saturday that the tide was running into a buzzsaw and most responses were I was drunk. Doesn't matter though, I look at the past as a guide to the future and not the here and now.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic