Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's simple. If you're a true Clemson, then
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

It's simple. If you're a true Clemson, then

Sep 26, 2018, 11:12 AM

You'll support Kelly. Now more than ever. He needs it and deserves it. He gave everything he had to this University and could have transferred several different times before leading us back to the playoffs and yet another Clemson ACC title.

Let's allow him the luxury to process this. Nobody in their right mind wouldnt be upset in his position given his investment.

It's called the Clemson FAMILY. We can't just talk the talk and reneg the moment something unexpected happens.

LOVE YOU KELLY! Thanks for the memories.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's simple. If you're a true Clemson, then

Sep 26, 2018, 11:14 AM

Anyone complaining about the young man wears garnet and black and *really* loves their siblings in their 3-wheel Columbia trailer.

Support KB, it is a tough time. He is a good kid and a good QB. Wish him all the best.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:16 AM

I’ll pull for him but he still acted like a snowflake after having 3 nights to sleep on it

So wait

Sep 26, 2018, 11:23 AM

Him voicing his opinion that he is disappointed at losing his job makes him a snowflake, but you posting an opinion about a grown man on the internet under an alias with no profile picture gives you validation?

Yeah...something isn't adding up. I'm thinking you may want to step away from the computer and reassess your values.

In my world, speaking ill behind someone's back when they don't have the luxury to defend themselves to your face makes you...well, a snowflake.

Re: So wait

Sep 26, 2018, 11:30 AM

Voicing disappointment is one thing, and I totally understand that. However, for him to make the "slap in the face" remark to the media is pretty cheap. I'm really disappointed in him for that reason, and that reason only. I will continue to be grateful for the contributions that he made to Clemson during his career, but that remark really leaves a sour taste...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He threw his coaches under the bus when

Sep 26, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to So wait ]

they did nothing wrong. If he had simply said he was disappointed that would be fine and understandable. Anyone would be. But to say your coaches didn't give you a fair chance and that you were slapped in the face, when the coaches did absolutely nothing wrong? If anything, he should be thanking Dabo publicly for making this decision in time for him to transfer.

So I'm assuming

Sep 26, 2018, 11:37 AM

That you've never spoken ill of a boss, or partner? Never once got emotional when something you valued was taken away from you?

The kid is 22 years old and handled it MUCH better than I would have.

Re: So I'm assuming

Sep 26, 2018, 11:40 AM

Not to the media I haven't. That's a HUGE distinction here. As Dabo said, he is entitled to his opinion. He can think whatever he wants, and say whatever he wants to his family and friends about it. But he should've kept that opinion to himself instead of throwing his coaches under the bus like he did.

"The kid is 22 years old and handled it MUCH better than I would have."

Well that tells me all I need to know about you, thanks.

Re: So wait

Sep 27, 2018, 2:48 PM [ in reply to So wait ]

1. He didn't voice his opinion about just being disappointed. He didn't take responsibility for his performance(snowflake attitude). He said he wasn't given a fair chance when he started 18 games in a row(snowflake attitude) He said it was a "slap in the face" as if him leaving and stirring this up isn't a "slap in the face" to the team and clemson.(snowflake attitude)

2. We're all under aliases and profile pictures so there is nothing more to be said about that. I said i would still pull for him.

3. Seeing how i will probably never see Kelly Bryant in person out and around the chances that i can say this to him are very low. If i did see Kelly in person i wouldn't bring this up anyways. I would tell him thanks for his time at clemson and i hope everything works out.

4. If kelly didn't like what i had to say and wanted to start something then i would have my wife "slap him in the face" and kelly would run

Lol wow

Sep 26, 2018, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: It's simple. If you're a true Clemson, then ]

unlike all the snowflakes on here throwing temper tantrums because a college kid decided to go to a different football team?

GO TIGERS

So is Kelly a true Clemson man?

Sep 26, 2018, 11:19 AM

Since he decided not to support his team and disrespect his coaches at the same time? How is that within the character traits of a "Clemson Man"?

Snowflake Basher........Out

i didn't TD this, but kinda wanted to

Sep 26, 2018, 11:25 AM

why trash a young man who made a decision that has no right or wrong answer?.a young man who is a Clemson graduate, was 18-2 as a starter, and has been az terrific ambassador for Clemson university?
'tsall good..we have the pieces in place for a terrific year and continuation of recent success..go tiguhs!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

I'm assuming the guy you're responding to

Sep 26, 2018, 11:31 AM

Has never had a job, or faced adversity. Hell, maybe not even left their parents house.

When you pour all of your resources into something over several years and then that is threatened to be stripped away from you, you're going to be emotional.

Completely asinine to think he would have responded any differently.

Let the kid process this.

It's not about his decision.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to i didn't TD this, but kinda wanted to ]

It's about the way he handled it. NOBODY faulted Zerrick or Hunter for deciding to transfer and NOBODY would have faulted Kelly for doing the same. The difference is that Zerrick and Hunter did it with class like a TRUE CLEMSON MAN, while Kelly cried about it and made it all about himself.

Get it now?

Re: It's not about his decision.***

Sep 26, 2018, 12:16 PM

Re: It's not about his decision.***

Sep 26, 2018, 12:16 PM [ in reply to It's not about his decision. ]

Re: It's not about his decision.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to It's not about his decision. ]

I don't think he will...??

Yes

Sep 26, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to So is Kelly a true Clemson man? ]

Next question.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:19 AM

And he is a Clemson Alum.

He finished the important part as far as I am concerned.

what you say is true

Sep 26, 2018, 11:24 AM

Kelly is a Clemson man but when he quits on his teammates because things didn’t go his way at a time when his presence on the team is vital, he loses some respect. At least from me he does. Tough it out and try to be the starter again. You will be given EVERY chance by the coaches AND your teammates.

I transferred from Chem E to chemistry

Im glad my Chem E lab partners, study buddies, and friends reacted better than you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm curious as to how someone sets a standard

Sep 26, 2018, 11:35 AM

That they themselves are unable to meet.

The same people expecting emotional invincibility and supreme politicking from Bryant are the same ones pitching a fit when their girlfriend breaks up with them, or talking #### about literally every single person they work with when they get off.

The irony and double standards are cringeworthy.

guarantee none of these people crying are related

Sep 26, 2018, 11:42 AM

to KB .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Are you saying your gf is related to you?***

Sep 26, 2018, 11:44 AM

I don't post about my gf on the internet. my wife may see it.***

Sep 26, 2018, 11:55 AM

Probably good. Sisters do tend to get jealous.***

Sep 26, 2018, 11:56 AM

Re: Probably good. Sisters do tend to get jealous.***

Sep 26, 2018, 12:05 PM

lawd....

cousins are worse..dunno why though***

Sep 26, 2018, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Probably good. Sisters do tend to get jealous.*** ]

+infinity

Sep 26, 2018, 11:58 AM [ in reply to I don't post about my gf on the internet. my wife may see it.*** ]

You just won the internet today

Re: what you say is true

Sep 26, 2018, 11:38 AM [ in reply to what you say is true ]

No respect is lost on KB

It is a very tough lesson to learn that one's best is not good enough (or as good as TL's average day). Could KB's comments been better, maybe/likely... but they weren't bad. The "fair chance" is open to interpretation. Would "fair" be two possession against GT, 3 possessions, a half? The kid gave his all, graduated, and kept working. Let him make the most of his opportunities even if that might not be with us.

TUon KB comment, but there is no standard for "true" fan

Sep 26, 2018, 11:20 AM

your otherwise positive post was a slap at many "true" tiger fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Sep 26, 2018, 11:21 AM

His coaches and Clemson Family deserved better than his comments!

Completely disagree

Sep 26, 2018, 11:26 AM

Good Lord, if I went back to a highlight reel of everything I've said to my previous bosses or colleagues during times of adversity I would look like the second coming of John McEnroe.

I'm assuming most of you are either 12 or don't work and operate in the real world.

From my vantage point, surprised at how pedestrian his response was. Mine would have been much more emotional and confrontational haha.

It's called passion. It's called giving a #### about what you do.

It's called taking a cheap shot.***

Sep 26, 2018, 11:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure the national media has never covered your job

Sep 26, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Completely disagree ]

Unsure as to what the national media

Sep 26, 2018, 11:43 AM

Has to do with how you respond to something you value and worked hard for being taken away.

Whether there were 10 cameras there or 0, I'd be emotional and would be desperately reaching for support to help process my life trajectory.

I'm thinking it may hurt to...you know, support the kid as he makes a tough transition away from his friends, family, and school he grew up rooting for.

Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Don't worry, you are

Sep 26, 2018, 11:45 AM

Talking to the media has EVERYTHING to do with this. And he's talked to the media for long enough to know what not to say. Don't sit here and act like 99% of people aren't different in front of a news camera versus when not on camera.

amen . bunch of snowflakes on here***

Sep 26, 2018, 11:24 AM

I fully understand him transferring and fully support it....

HOWEVER his words of "not given a fair shot" and "slap in the face" were completely unwarranted. He owes Clemson team/fans/program/players a massive apology. Stuff like that can resonate with future recruits, the "narrative" of being "done wrong" (whether it's true or not) doesn't do this program ANY favors. Had he announced his transfer and been grateful of all the memories and opportunity that's one thing.

I know he's going through a very tough time right now, but to leave and then say those words are tough to forgive without a sincere public apology.............sorry jmo.

^^^THIS^^^***

Sep 26, 2018, 11:39 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I respect that

Sep 26, 2018, 11:51 AM [ in reply to I fully understand him transferring and fully support it.... ]

Hopefully Kelly and our coaching staff can iron out any tensions as time passes.

As you said, just a turbulent and difficult time for the young man right now. Its more than just football, his family is all in SC and it's the state he's spent his entire life in.

He may not fully "deserve" it at the moment, but he needs our support. Isn't that what family is all about?

is josh belk family? Chad Kelly?

Sep 26, 2018, 11:57 AM

KB is about to transfer to another school (probably Power 5)

if he's QBing NCState next year he's not family.

Just as people said the WAY dabo handles the QB situation is more important than handling it

The WAY Kelly Bryant transfers is more important than transferring.

i'll give him time to think/reflect, but fully expect him to apologize to his ex-team and ex-coaches that gave him MORE THAN GENEROUS opportunity while he was here.

Of course

Sep 26, 2018, 12:09 PM

Just like how my brother who i haven't spoken to in almost 9 years.

Despite our differences and tensions we will wish the best for one another from afar.

However, not sure your comparison is an apt one. You're talking about a guy who stayed all four years, waited patiently, got his degree, and led us back to the playoffs in his first year starting, versus a guy who never played a single down for us and another guy with documented serious behavioral issues that never started a single game.

So yes, theyre family, but every family has favorites.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:47 AM

Uhhhhh yeah no, pretty sure I don't have to unequivocally support a guy who quit on the team and took cheap shots at the coaches on his way out. Dabo has been gushing praise on Kelly for the last two days, basically doing everything possible to not hurt any feelings.

Kelly could have said "thanks for the opportunities, but I'll be transferring to try to play elsewhere and continue my career." But he did not. He whined about not getting a fair shot, which he most certainly did.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, your family and colleagues

Sep 26, 2018, 11:55 AM

Must live in a perpetual state of fear to make a mistake or err in judgement around you.

Have some compassion and empathy my man.

We are all human, and say/do things we wish we could take back on a daily basis.

You may not feel he fully "deserves" your support at the moment, but he needs it.

Isn't that what family is all about?

I fear for the day thsee people have kids

Sep 26, 2018, 11:58 AM

1st time their son says something they doesn't like, he will lose all his support. another getto ####### will be put on the street.

### are you talking about? and what's with the "ghetto"

Sep 26, 2018, 12:02 PM

comment. If my child says something disrespectful, she is informed thusly and if warranted, disciplined. Doesn't mean I love her less.

I feel sorry for whenever you have kids, that they'll be undisciplined unruly little #####. How's that?

I don't withdrawl my support when my kids do things

Sep 26, 2018, 12:15 PM

I think are silly...unlike this guy.

" I don't have to unequivocally support a guy who quit on the team and took cheap shots at the coaches on his way out. "

You're stretching dude, pretty sure this has nothing to do

Sep 26, 2018, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Man, your family and colleagues ]

with me or my work or family, or anyone else who's disappointed to see Bryant take parting shots. I don't know Kelly Bryant, he used to play football at my alma mater. I don't really think that makes him anything to me.

So what you're saying is

Sep 26, 2018, 12:04 PM

That you aren't really a Clemson fan?

Because if you are, and you have been following this program, then you know it's a family. And family always comes above football.

You seem to harboring a lot of resentment about this. Did Kelly bang your gf or something?

lol jesus christ dude***

Sep 26, 2018, 12:05 PM

Douche-bag comment.***

Sep 27, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to So what you're saying is ]

"Gave everything"...?

Sep 26, 2018, 12:27 PM

Obviously not everything. He's leaving. He was still gonna play, he's just mad he isn't starting anymore. Had he left w/o running his mouth, I'd be okay. But to put the stuff he said out there for everyone to say is disrespectful to the program and I say the heck with him.

Sep 27, 2018, 3:04 PM

I supported him until he lied about Dabo and the coaching staff when everyone knows he got a fare shake.....if any QB had the right to complain it would be Watson or TL for watching Stout or KB start game one over them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic