Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5 mile run this a.m.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,378

5 mile run this a.m.

Nov 9, 2019, 9:10 AM

Not bad for a 50 year old who lost 62 lbs since June. I am doing the things I did in my 30's again.

Forgive my pride but it's Good to be a TIGER!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Super news Tigersense..

Nov 9, 2019, 9:18 AM

and my 49 yr old CU grad Son will have run 22 miles this morn training for a 100 mile run coming up in late Dec near Kings Mountain NC on Crowder Mtn.

Know he's been running for over 15 yrs & went from 225 to current 175 lbs and a heart of a Tiger.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually lost most of the weight by hiking the Kings Mtn

Nov 9, 2019, 9:23 AM

to Crowders ridgeline trail. The whole thing out and back is around 20 miles, so that is probably what he is doing. That is a tough run! Hard enough to hike.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Never apologize for having pride in working hard

Nov 9, 2019, 9:44 AM

And seeing the results! You set your mind and accomplished! The neat thing about physical improvement is the parallel mental change that comes! Outstanding job...you display real 'Tiger Sense'! ;) (shameless..I know, but...so apropos!)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was raised that pride was a flaw.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:05 AM

It was pretty common in a lot of churches to have messages about pride and the dangers it entails.

The general thougth is that pride leads to arrogance, thus "the pride before the fall". It also was thought that pride would replace thankfulness, especially in the spiritual sense.

From the non-religious point of view, a lot of psycholgist also ascribe pride to being a flaw of personality. It replaces dignity and sense of resposibility in certain communities.
Here is an example: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/intimacy-path-toward-spirituality/201506/why-pride-is-nothing-be-proud

I am not where I fall in my beliefs about pride. For me, it seems like a natural emotion, but then again, so does lust, which leads to little good.

But I thank you for your perspective. If pride is the worst vice a person has, they are probably in pretty good shape.

I'll 'repurpose'...

Nov 9, 2019, 10:51 AM

Self-pride. You can take pride in competing against yourself...because 'self' comes armed with 'can't do' and 'I want to quit'. All else said by others is totally irrelevant...even coming from the pulpit. You have aspirations to be the best version of you (heard that somewhere) and set course to seek just that...and the journey continues. If inspiration comes from elsewhere, too, including the pulpit, that's wonderful, but 'you' is all that matters.

All that said...others notice...you can take pride in that and never say a word.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 mile run this a.m.

Nov 9, 2019, 9:50 AM

Ah - the good ol' days when I was 50. I would play tennis 4.5-5 hours on Saturday, come home and cut the grass, edge the lawn, wash a couple of cars, and then take the family out to dinner.

Youth - you can't beat it. Keep up the great work. I actually gained weight at 50, so I'm envious that you can lose lbs. I still can't do it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy Carp, 62 lbs in 4-5 months? Is that even healthy

Nov 9, 2019, 10:25 AM

to do, losing it that fast?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It isn't hard to do if you have it to lose.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:37 AM

Put it this way; according to BMI, I am still considered overwieght. I dropped from grossly obese to only overweight....but I was never morbidly obese!! Of course BMI is pretty flawed in a modern western culture.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:26 AM

Way to go!! That is AWESOME!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 10:28 AM

That's awesome! Great for your body and mind.

I drove 5 miles in the a.m. to Chick-fil-A the other day.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:49 AM

I ate my food and then took a 10 AM nap. I thought it pretty cool for a 35 year old!

??

~JKB

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,378
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic