Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Urban Meyer to FSU???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Urban Meyer to FSU???

Oct 22, 2019, 5:46 AM

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/report_florida_state_considering_firing_willie_taggart_pursuing_urban_meyer/s1_127_30321155

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they need to give willie another couple of years

Oct 22, 2019, 5:53 AM

to completely bury fsu

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they need to give willie another couple of years

Oct 22, 2019, 6:10 AM

Call me a coot if you wish, but the last thing we need is to bury FSU. If this conference is ever to get any respect at all from the pundits at eSECpn, we need a strong conference and FSU is one of the few schools in this conference that has that Championship pedigree.

Re: they need to give willie another couple of years

Oct 22, 2019, 8:20 AM

Coot

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fortunately for FSU, Uban's

Oct 22, 2019, 5:54 AM

Waiting on Lincoln Riley's decision. It's hard to imagine Meyer not taking either the Cowboy's role, or head to LA and be a Trojan man!

FSU must have some very well-heeled donors to even sniff at forking over $17 million. If Willie is canned, it's a heckuva parting gift, but someone else will have to pay with their job for the hiring decision to begin with. I hope Willie isn't remotely nice and says, nope...lump sum, baby...fork it over.

Then the new coach...what's the cost there? They'll have a buyout and will want 4-5 years, minimum...and it won't be chump (not that Chump!) change.

FSU may be headed towards bankrupting their program. Morally, they already did, so may as well follow on the fiduciary side, too!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fortunately for FSU, Uban's

Oct 22, 2019, 6:15 AM

As a Cowboy fan(Yes I know I am going to take some heat but hey I have been a fan since day 1, literally)but the last thing I want to see is either Lincoln or Riley coaching my team. Can Garrett if you want, but Jerry needs to get a pro coach and let him "FREAKIN'COACH".
As far as Lincoln, or Urban, I don't care who goes to FSU as long as he can make the Noles competitive. We need FSU to be strong again, if for no other reason than to strengthen the conference.

Oct 22, 2019, 6:59 AM

Sorry, meant to say Lincoln or Urban.

Oct 22, 2019, 6:59 AM

Oops, I need new glasses.

Willie's buyout states it's payable in months installments

Oct 22, 2019, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Fortunately for FSU, Uban's ]

and it would be negotiated down and offset but a future coaching offer so it isn't quite as much as it seems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Fortunately for FSU, Uban's ]

If Urban can't stay healthy when 90% of his games are a layup how will he fare when he's playing teams that can beat him nearly every week?

Bob Stoops would be a more likely fit for FSU

Oct 22, 2019, 7:01 AM

than Urban would ever be. Of course, luring him from the XFL to Tallahassee might be a tough task these days

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zero chance this happens

Oct 22, 2019, 7:12 AM

And that’s according to FSU people. Why would Urban or Lincoln Riley as someone mentioned above consider going to FSU right now? It’s a total dumpster fire.

Re: Zero chance this happens

Oct 22, 2019, 9:39 AM

I believe Riley reference was on whether or not he would take the Cowboys job if it comes open.

If Riley stays in college, he stays at OK.

I can't see it happening

Oct 22, 2019, 7:15 AM

Urban thinks too highly of himself to coach at FSU/ACC. His ego is real!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I can't see it happening

Oct 22, 2019, 7:23 AM

Then why would he even consider USC? The entire Pac-12 is no longer a P5 conference IMO. They have no team that can play with the big boys.

Oct 22, 2019, 8:31 AM

Regardless of USC's record, there is prestige in holding that position. Urban's imagining the publicity he will receive (in the heart of celebrity land) if he returns that program to its former glory.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 22, 2019, 9:47 AM

you don't think there's prestige in coaching a team that went something like 30 years finishing in the top 10?

Oct 22, 2019, 11:45 AM

Not in Urban Meyer's mind

--Henry David Thoreau

0 for Dabo...great hire!***

Oct 22, 2019, 7:28 AM

I don’t think urb would do that to florida

Oct 22, 2019, 7:42 AM

He’s a piece of work but it would almost be like coaching Michigan and he’s already said no chance of that happening when he was asked.

Re: I don’t think urb would do that to florida

Oct 22, 2019, 11:42 AM

He has far more allegiance to 0310 State than Flurida. He might not take the FSU job if offered, but his formerly coaching at Flurida wouldn't even enter his mind as part of that decision.

I hope Meyer does head to FSU. It'll make them

Oct 22, 2019, 8:25 AM

respectable again, but he won't outcoach Dabo. Meyer's best coaching days are far behind him.

Urban to USC is a done deal...

Oct 22, 2019, 9:46 AM

No way he has the patience for FSU dumpster fire and Clemson Dynasty in his way to a CFP every year.

USC - recruiting is a cinch + zero resistance from conference to CFP once you get it rolling.

Supposedly already a done deal.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC doesn't even have an AD right now...

Oct 22, 2019, 9:56 AM

I hardly think anything is a done deal.

Would Urban really do that after coaching at Florida for

Oct 22, 2019, 11:47 AM

6 years? Seems completely unnecessary when there are other great jobs out there available to him.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic