Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From An Older Tiger, Just Some Thoughts...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

From An Older Tiger, Just Some Thoughts...

Nov 25, 2012, 10:44 AM

We lost last night to a bigger, better, and STRONGER football team. Spurrier ( I despise the guy) had a superior game plan. Our rival came into our place where the atmosphere was hostile and beat our 10-1 team with a back-up QB and their best offensive player done for the year. Now let me ask this question. Could we go to Columbia under those circumstances and win? Pretty stupid to even ask. That's how far apart our two programs are right now and I can't see the gap narrowing for some time to come.

Defense wins games. I still believe that. Just ask Oregon. Finally played a good one in Stanford and their bells and whistles were silenced. South Carolina won because they have a great defense and an adequate offense.
Kinda reminds me of another team who did that all the time back in the 80's. Just my 2 Cents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From An Older Tiger, Just Some Thoughts...

Nov 25, 2012, 10:47 AM

excellent post. I was around for those years as well and that's all that really needs to be said.

Excellent post. Nothing needs to be added here.

Nov 25, 2012, 10:48 AM

nm

Re: Excellent post. Nothing needs to be added here.

Nov 25, 2012, 11:13 AM

I sure agree!! great post.. U said it all..until we recruit LINEMEN and get a S & C program that DEVELOPS players we are what we will be

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 10:49 AM

excellent post .

Might be a blessing in disguise if Morris were offered

Nov 25, 2012, 10:54 AM

a job somewhere.

I agree with everything you just said. I grew up on 1980's Clemson FB. We had bigger, faster and nastier defenses than everyone we played. Spurrier has built USC in a similar fashion.

Based on our recruiting board, I can see that Dabo is starting to figure it out.

I am not going to bash this team for being 10-2 in the ACC. We play the schedule we are dealt. We are in the ACC and we won the games we should win. The true barometer is how do we fare against better talent. We were basically 0-2 in those games. Hopefully Dabo sees the similarities in how those two teams beat us...strong fast DL's.

I am not about to give up on Dabo. He can't control the league we are in. He recruits well going head to head against SEC giants that probably tell every recruit don't go play in the ACC.

I get tired of hearing, if you were in the ACC you would suck. Guess what, I bet we would get those two or three difference makers that ended up in the SEC. Those coaches could no longer throw it our face. We recruit better than any school in the ACC and a majority of the SEC schools. I promise you we would recruit just as well or better.

Dabo and Jimbo are starting to figure it out. Jimbo started recruiting the big DL's two years ago. We are 2 years late to the party.

I don't think swapping offensive coordinators now would help***

Nov 25, 2012, 10:57 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You hit the nail on the head...

Nov 25, 2012, 10:55 AM

need to start with defense,fundamentals and strength. Unless we make some significant improvement, SC will beat us 5 in a row.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An excellent post ... Point for you!

Agreed. We will not be a great team again until we have a

dominant defense. It won't happen overnight, and it won't happen without a better strength and conditioning program.

Also, as much as I enjoy the fast paced offense, we need to become a physical running offense, with a balanced passing attack. I think defending that type of offense in practice every day makes both sides of the ball tougher. That is the SEC recipe, and it was ours in our best years.

Some things about football never change. The tougher, stronger, best tackling team that can run the ball usually wins. That hasn't changed, and never will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Insight EVER ! Thanks!***

Nov 25, 2012, 11:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 11:05 AM

Agree. They imposed their will on us and have continued for a few years now.

We have not recruited the players on defense as a whole and on the offensive line to compete with them.

Their backup QB is a starting qb on most teams , I was very

Nov 25, 2012, 11:11 AM

impressed.

Agreed. Great post.***

Nov 25, 2012, 11:12 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic