Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This isn't a keep or fire Brownlee post. I just wonder if he
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

This isn't a keep or fire Brownlee post. I just wonder if he

Apr 1, 2019, 6:49 PM

is being left behind the changes in the game? What I mean is: Look how much football has changed since the advent of the spread and HUNH. The speed of the game can negate/lessen size/skill advantage.

Basketball has moved in the same direction. No longer is the game dominated and built around the big man center, and the best bigs are more athletic and can handle the ball and shoot.

I wonder if coach is recruiting the players with the right skill set (or are just not able to land them?) Last year when we had a scorer, we went to the sweet 16. With him gone, we didn't make the dance. We need speed and shooters. Maybe I'm being Captain obvious...

Apologies for this not being a post about the chrome that they're going to be wearing in the spring game (at least that's what I heard), but I wanted to be Sirius for once.

I'm not content with basketball being mediocre.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This isn't a keep or fire Brownlee post. I just wonder if he

Apr 1, 2019, 7:05 PM

You bring up a good point.
If you have followed any of the NCAA Basketball Tournament, there seems to be a good number of teams that have one, or more "playmakers", not "basketball" players that can not only put up big numbers,but that can either deliver in the crunch, or carry a team on their shoulder.
Brad can recruit good"basketball" players, but I don't see any real"playmakers".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t know, I think style-wise half the Final Four

Apr 1, 2019, 7:26 PM

teams play a style that’s closer to Brownell’s style of play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Everyone wants better shooters . . .

Apr 1, 2019, 7:43 PM

I contend we need that playmaker that can penetrate and score or penetrate and dish just as much as better shooters.

We have too much perimeter activity that doesn't create scoring opportunities . . . It oftentimes looks like wasted energy. Our offense looked its brightest, to me, when we played more "up tempo", than when we settled into a half-court offense.

Our needs are many . . . Start somewhere, please . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like the guys Auburn has on the perimeter

Apr 1, 2019, 9:08 PM

I don’t think we’ve had that at the PG position since Stitt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nice . . . Stitt was a pure pleasure to watch . . .

Apr 1, 2019, 9:36 PM

and a treasure in my memory chest. Wish BB would find us another just like him!!!

(Dammm auto correct!!!)

Message was edited by: Skeeta56®

Re: Nice . . . Stint was a pure pleasure to watch . . .

Apr 2, 2019, 9:12 AM

Stitt was a Purnell recruit?

Yes Sir . . . You are Correct!!’

Apr 2, 2019, 9:36 AM

Stitt was indeed an Oliver Purnell recruit!!!

Would love to have another too!!!

Nice jesture by our Tiger Family:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article210888509.html

Exert from the article:
“He remains the only Tigers player to start on four consecutive NCAA Tournament teams.”

Now you see why I want another?!!!

Re: Like the guys Auburn has on the perimeter

Apr 2, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Like the guys Auburn has on the perimeter ]

Stitt developed over his 4 years. He was not good day 1.

Reed was/is our playmaker. Last year so was Mitchell.
This year we see how limited Mitchell was and it meant Reed had to do more. Reed did not have two outlets Mitchell and Gabe.

About Gabe D. People need to remember that he only started to play really well when Dante went down. Gabe was not solid or consistent for his first 3.5 years. Gabe used to make as many turnovers when he got in as good shots.. he did not ppl play smart as Fr, So and Jr.

Coach BB shoukd know he has to recruit better. Which rankings show trend upward. Not huge upward but it is improving 60s to 40s to low 30s.

This team needs 2 very consistent 3pt shooters. I think they will have a point guard though he will be young. We need Tyson and one other player to show extreme improvement in 3pt and 15ft -20ft range shooting.

Amir needs to make his 10ft-15ft jumper guaranteed .
Trapp needs to get in gym and work on ball handling. He needs to shoot at least 500 3s a day for the summer. Get his shot much improved.
Same for Newman.

Then let the Freshmen focus on ball handling and driving to basket. Give them outlet support from our "veterans". Let they jam build confidence by playing vs having to score.

The White transfer hurts. I saw him as having potential. Athletic. Quicker feet.

I don't think you can say that Stitt "was not good day 1"

Apr 2, 2019, 10:00 AM

It's fair to say he improved over 4 years at Clemson, but he averaged 8.8 points his freshman year and started 20 games.

I don’t think

Apr 2, 2019, 11:03 AM

you need a dynamic big man to be a great team, i mean look at UVA their big man is a 4 points a game player who only plays at the rim, i think you do need a sharp shooter in today’s game. If you watched the Purdue UVA game you’d see that in the second half their offenses were revolved around the three ball.

Re: I don’t think

Apr 2, 2019, 11:21 AM

Yes, you still need a dynamic "big" man but that might only be an athletic 6'8" forward (or two) that can protect the rim, rebound and prevent penetration. However, if a team goes big, you have to have something to counter with.

The modern big-man is actually more of the "modern" floor general rather than a point producer... but if you have a big man that can space the floor and shoot... well, then you are golden.

UVA did not shoot the 3 well THAT game. They were 33% (as compared to Clemson's season of 32.9%) But UVA as a whole is near 40% from the arc. However, the Purdue game revolved around of offensive rebounding, as UVA took 11-12 more shots than Purdue even through Purdue shot 50% from the floor and 45% from the arc. If Purdue could have stopped a few tip-outs, well, they would be playing this weekend.

The original post said a dynamic Center was

Apr 2, 2019, 2:52 PM

needed, i’d agree that a lengthy 6’8” guard or forward who can shoot or pass is really important, but i think Clemson has that in Aamir Simms. Also i was talking about the second half where Virginia actually shot 50% from three and Purdue shot really well from 3 as well. I was only talking about the second half because that’s when their offenses were the most effective. Showing us that having players that can shoot the 3 ball effectively is extremely important. I don’t really know how you can have an offense that revolves around Offensive Rebounding. Offensive rebounding comes from good length good positioning and smart players, Offensive Rebounding also is a result of a higher volume of 3’s because of longer rebounds.

Apr 2, 2019, 11:06 AM

"The game has left him behind"

Is this a "Fire Jack" post?

Apr 2, 2019, 3:29 PM

You still have got to have an inside game , look what happened when ET was in foul trouble .
Mich ST is about as old school kind of team as you can get and they will be the NC this season.
UVA plays old school Basketball ball.

Apr 2, 2019, 4:08 PM

SO YOU WANTED TO BE "SIRIUS" SO YOU CLEVERLY MISSPELLED OUR COACHES NAME. GOT IT. SMFH

User Logo
1portroyalty
Orange Blooded [3759]
TigerPulse: 100%
This isn't a keep or fire Brownlee post. I just wonder if he [5]
Posted: Apr 1, 2019 6:49 PM

is being left behind the changes in the game? What I mean is: Look how much football has changed since the advent of the spread and HUNH. The speed of the game can negate/lessen size/skill advantage.

Basketball has moved in the same direction. No longer is the game dominated and built around the big man center, and the best bigs are more athletic and can handle the ball and shoot.

I wonder if coach is recruiting the players with the right skill set (or are just not able to land them?) Last year when we had a scorer, we went to the sweet 16. With him gone, we didn't make the dance. We need speed and shooters. Maybe I'm being Captain obvious...

Apologies for this not being a post about the chrome that they're going to be wearing in the spring game (at least that's what I heard), but I wanted to be Sirius for once.

I'm not content with basketball being mediocre.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2019, 4:10 PM

AND BY THE WAY THIS YEARS TEAM WAS BUILT AROUND THE GUARDS IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE. ONE DIDNT PLAY AS GOOD AS LAST YEAR AND ONE WAS INJURED ALL YEAR. AND ELI IS A VERY ATHLETIC BIG MAN. WHAT TEAM WERE YOU WATCHING.

I WAS WATCHING COACH BROWNLEES TEAM***

Apr 2, 2019, 7:09 PM

Re: I WAS WATCHING COACH BROWNLEES TEAM***

Apr 2, 2019, 7:11 PM

you sirius

Re: I WAS WATCHING COACH BROWNLEES TEAM***

Apr 3, 2019, 6:30 PM

DED SIRIUS

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic