Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't know why everyone wants Syracuse to lose to Miami
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

I don't know why everyone wants Syracuse to lose to Miami

Oct 20, 2017, 8:26 AM

It is in our best interest that they win the rest of their games because it makes our loss not seem as bad. If we are expected to make it to another playoff, strength of schedule is important.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes Sir

Oct 20, 2017, 8:34 AM

Who needs another ACC Championship anyhows

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Yes Sir

Oct 20, 2017, 8:43 AM

Syracuse winning out won't hurt our chances of playing the ACC Championship as long as we win out and NC State only loses to us. We would all have the same division record, we would all have lost to one of the other two, and we don't all play a common non-division team. It would eventually come down to the 7th tie-breaker which is ranking, and we will be ranked highest.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2017, 9:01 AM

So you are going to put your eggs in the basket that lost to South Carolina? Pass. I would rather Syracuse lose to Miami and that way we control everything and don’t have to hope nc st doesn’t #### the bed again

Oct 20, 2017, 9:22 AM

Besides us State has BC WF and UNc. Not saying they cannot lose but I don't think they do. I hope the U beats Cuse ofcouse.

Oct 20, 2017, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes Sir ]

Oh, I'm pulling for Miami since I hate Syracuse. I was only pointing out that there is a path to the ACC Championship even if Syracuse wins out.

Oct 20, 2017, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes Sir ]

Is division record above cross div record in the tie breakers? If so don't we want Cuse to lose to a div opponent ?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2017, 10:12 AM

Nm. Cuse lost to State. Rather not have tie so pulling for 1 more loss for Cuse and State. Plus makes Miami in ACCCG better for SOS.

Re: I don't know why everyone wants Syracuse to lose to Miami

Oct 20, 2017, 8:35 AM

Personally, I can't help but like Dino Babers, whereas Mark Richt always comes across to me as an arrogant prick. Also, I have always hated Miami and their thug style of football. Plus, we recruit against Miami for top level players but rarely recruit against Syracuse for players, so I will be rooting for the 'Cuse.+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:38 AM

So who are you going to pull for to beat Cuse? We need them to lose another ACC game. They have the U and then FSU I doubt they make it thru these 2 weeks.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:43 AM

They have already lost to NC St, so if we win out there's a three way tie and we go to championship game because we would be the higher rated team- or do I have something wrong here?

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:57 AM

Idk I would rather not share the Atlantic with 2 other teams. Cuse is gonna going to make or break us going to the playoffs. Good Ls mean nothing. Atleast that is what they say. Is it the cfp ranking that decide the tie breaker?

You're assuming NCSU wins out except for us

Oct 20, 2017, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't know why everyone wants Syracuse to lose to Miami ]

Not sure that will happen. As soon as they lose an ACC game other than us, Syracuse controls their destiny.

Re: You're assuming NCSU wins out except for us

Oct 20, 2017, 9:35 AM

Good point on this. I hadn't really thought of that but yes any team is capable of losing. We have seen this the past few weeks already.

With that being said, I think Cuse lose to Miami so we will be back in controlling our destiny fully.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're assuming NCSU wins out except for us

Oct 20, 2017, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't know why everyone wants Syracuse to lose to Miami ]

Not sure that will happen. As soon as they lose an ACC game other than us, Syracuse controls their destiny.

i hadn't thought of that. i assumed we'd lose a tiebreak

Oct 20, 2017, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't know why everyone wants Syracuse to lose to Miami ]

with syracuse, but as you say, if we beat nc state, state beat syracuse....so does highest rating break that?

anen we beat nc state their won't be a 3 way tie lol***

Oct 20, 2017, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't know why everyone wants Syracuse to lose to Miami ]

Re: anen we beat nc state their won't be a 3 way tie lol***

Oct 20, 2017, 9:57 AM

They would only have 1 L in conference play.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't know why everyone wants Syracuse to lose to Miami ]

I really like Dino as well but if they keep winning they will start recruiting against us.

If 'cuse keeps winning, Dino gets hired by a bigger program.***

Oct 20, 2017, 9:02 AM

If Syracuse starts winning recruiting battles against us

Oct 20, 2017, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't know why everyone wants Syracuse to lose to Miami ]

then we have a bigger problem.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2017, 8:37 AM

Another troll by balm

I'm beginning to think that balm and

Oct 20, 2017, 8:53 AM

Snowtown® are the same person

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I'm beginning to think that balm and***

Oct 20, 2017, 9:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

No, one is much, much smarter than the other

Oct 20, 2017, 9:03 AM [ in reply to I'm beginning to think that balm and ]

Won't mention any names though.

Re: No, one is much, much smarter than the other***

Oct 20, 2017, 9:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: No, one is much, much smarter than the other

Oct 20, 2017, 10:11 AM [ in reply to No, one is much, much smarter than the other ]

haha, I know right? amazing snowjob can even tie her own shoes, let alone operate a computer.

This almost seems like a serious post

Oct 20, 2017, 8:39 AM

I'll bite, just in case. We already have strength of schedule locked up. All we have to do is go 12-1 to be in. Lose another one and forget it. So I, for one, would love to see Da U rip 'em up.

That would make beating the Canes in the ACCCG look even better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: This almost seems like a serious post

Oct 20, 2017, 8:40 AM

I would much rather Play Syracuse in the ACC title game, we deserve this rematch.

That also would be fun

Oct 20, 2017, 8:44 AM

I like that idea almost as much. It would be interesting to see if Cuse fans go all coot in the event that we beat the team that beat the team that beat us. Would Cuse fans claim the belt?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That also would be fun

Oct 20, 2017, 8:53 AM

You got trolled again lol. Rematch?

I should havw been more specific

Oct 20, 2017, 9:05 AM

and included "if that were possible." I was in too big a hurry to get to the Cuse fans going all coot part if we wind up beating Miami for the ACC.

Now, if the first post was a troll then, yeah, I got trolled. My better judgment made me suspect balm wasn't being serious, but it seemed kind of serious.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: This almost seems like a serious post ]

Don't think Cuse makes it that far. They'll lose at least two more in conference, probably at least one more in division.

That's actually a really good point.

Oct 20, 2017, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: This almost seems like a serious post ]

Think our guys want that one back? It'd be like hungry tigers.. who have been trapped in a cage..with like no water, or female tigers and stuff. Would be really bad for the fighting oranges.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:47 AM [ in reply to This almost seems like a serious post ]

One team to keep an eye on is Notre Dame. If they win out and end up 11-1 they may knock another conference champion out of the CFP. Even if they were to miss the CFP they would be eligible to take the ACC's position in the Orange Bowl. Pull for the real USC to beat ND Saturday night. Go Trojans!

We Want Syracuse to Lose to Miami and Win The Rest

Oct 20, 2017, 8:55 AM

Beating a higher ranked Miami team is worth more than Syracuse having a great record. IMHO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because you don't understand the CFP?

Oct 20, 2017, 8:58 AM

We would be much better off to beat a 12-0 Miami in the ACC Championship game. That would diminish the ugliness of our loss to Syracuse.

Also, NC State is will lose at least 1 more game besides us. I'd rather clear our path to the division title asap.

It would be best if no one we played or will play

Oct 20, 2017, 9:01 AM

loses another game, including when we play them. Wait, wut?...

Oct 20, 2017, 9:19 AM

Wrong - It is in our best interest for Miami to win out and we beat them Charlotte.

Oct 20, 2017, 9:29 AM

Yeah, but if Syracuse wins out, Notre Dame will win the Coastal Division since they don't have any Conference losses. I'd rather play Miami for the Championship than the Fightin' Irish! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trust Me, It Will Be A Good Thing For Cuse To Lose At Miami***

Oct 20, 2017, 10:35 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, we could just watch and evaluate and judge how good

Oct 20, 2017, 10:54 AM

Syr and Miami actually are.

Since pulling for or against doesn't really accomplish much.

Re: Or, we could just watch and evaluate and judge how good

Oct 20, 2017, 1:34 PM

Do you mean what we do as fans doesn't affect the outcome? It's not really my fault we lost to Syracuse because I had chicken wings just like I did for the '96 Gator Bowl when they beat us with Donovan McNabb ? Whew!

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic