Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember when Saban said that running 90+ plays was just
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Remember when Saban said that running 90+ plays was just

Jul 22, 2019, 9:59 AM

too much PHYSICAL exertion for his team....."AND IT IS NOT SAFE"?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember when Saban said that running 90+ plays was just

Jul 22, 2019, 10:18 AM

Spud, you worked hard at the Esso in Fort Lawn. At the end of the day, I bet it was like running 90+ plays.Amirite.

His guys seemed to take that to heart and quit last year ...

Jul 22, 2019, 11:10 AM

... allowing the Tigers to drive the length of the field and burn over ten minutes of clock doing it to end the game isn’t the sort of thing a team with any pride or fortitude allows.

They were gassed mentally and physically.

And for the last six months they’ve been inventing reasons why.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His guys seemed to take that to heart and quit last year ...

Jul 22, 2019, 1:08 PM

Remember the old days, when if you took a beatdown, you instinctively knew to shut up, work hard, and never let it happen again? And you knew to keep it bottled up, so it gave you extra fuel for next year?

Then the media proliferated, and started asking teams for their excuses (so us fans can repeat them).

Just remember: every excuse is like unburnt fuel. They could have held onto it and used it to improve themselves, but instead they spent it on a sympathetic microphone and have doomed themselves to a repeat performance.

Whining demonstrates lost focus. Tigers roll again!!

Re: His guys seemed to take that to heart and quit last year ...***

Jan 26, 2022, 2:13 PM

Perfectly said.***

Jul 22, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: His guys seemed to take that to heart and quit last year ... ]

Re whining

Jul 22, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: His guys seemed to take that to heart and quit last year ... ]

ICYMI, that's what made Little Jakey's "Never again" speech so laughable (and why Gamecocks fans missed the point).

When Jakey tells the media 'Never Again', he is unbottling the resolve. It's now dissipated. Even if a sympathetic FGF gives him props for being a good leader, he just vaped away the team's extra motivation. The only ones he should be saying that to is the teammates that can add their resolve to it.

And what did he do with that extra motivation? He blew it straight into our locker room, where guys like Hunter Renfrow, and a whole bunch of others who are masters of motivation, set out to prove 'Never again' was a myth.

More like 'Every time', Gamecocks.

Jul 22, 2019, 1:08 PM [ in reply to His guys seemed to take that to heart and quit last year ... ]

Remember the old days, when if you took a beatdown, you instinctively knew to shut up, work hard, and never let it happen again? And you knew to keep it bottled up, so it gave you extra fuel for next year?

Then the media proliferated, and started asking teams for their excuses (so us fans can repeat them).

Just remember: every excuse is like unburnt fuel. They could have held onto it and used it to improve themselves, but instead they spent it on a sympathetic microphone and have doomed themselves to a repeat performance.

Whining demonstrates lost focus. Tigers roll again!!

Jul 22, 2019, 11:44 PM [ in reply to His guys seemed to take that to heart and quit last year ... ]

Even with pride and fortitude on the field
They still could stop us!

Wow, I posted almost the same exact thing independently...

Jul 22, 2019, 8:17 PM

earlier today, but yours was first.

TU... Nice work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I did that the other day, in the same thread no less.....***

Jul 22, 2019, 8:31 PM

Re: Remember when Saban said that running 90+ plays was just

Jul 23, 2019, 3:51 AM

Indeed, even proudly and guts on the field

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic