Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can’t think of 2 pitchers I would’ve rather have seen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,437

I can’t think of 2 pitchers I would’ve rather have seen

Apr 10, 2019, 8:36 PM

Combine for a 2 hit shutout than Henny and Brooks. 2 veterans that have been demoted from last years roles but still hanging in there and giving us big midweek wins

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can’t think of 2 pitchers I would’ve rather have seen

Apr 10, 2019, 8:46 PM

We are going to need them to pitch well out the BP when postseason starts. We have a couple of good arms but nobody is real consistent. I think we have enough starting pitching to keep us in games. But in the close games the BP will have to get better .

Apr 10, 2019, 10:28 PM

Not trying to be negative but you have to think there’s a chance some freshmen may wear down. The veterans have to be ready and tonight showed that they will be

Apr 11, 2019, 12:50 PM

I don’t think so. Monte is being careful and not letting their pitch count get too high. Sounds like Crawford might get the start Sunday. Hopefully he’s getting back to last years form. He was last night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2019, 8:55 PM

I agree. Brooks actually looked good with control and placement. Hennessy, not so much. He got very fortunate on several hangers.

Then again, we had some hangers too that we whiffed and missed. Another thing we’ll need in post season is 1 out contact with a man on third.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2019, 8:58 PM

Yep we have left a lot of guys on 3rd base here lately. Sometimes you got to choke up and just go with the pitch.

like the announcer said

Apr 11, 2019, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I can’t think of 2 pitchers I would’ve rather have seen ]

you go from facing future MLB pitchers throwing in the low 90's to facing furman throwing in the low 80's. No surprise we saw a lot of our guys out front yesterday. I swear I saw one pitch at 65 mph....

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,437
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic