Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
moor hate crimes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 651

moor hate crimes

Apr 3, 2019, 12:27 PM

https://www.theblaze.com/news/woman-harasses-threatens-elderly-man-wearing-a-make-america-great-again-hat-with-mob-make-him-feel-as-unsafe-as-he-made-every-brown-person

One of Mankey's posts read, "Anybody in Palo Alto know this freak."

"He will never forget me and will think seriously about wearing that hat in my town ever again," Mankey's post added. "If you see him in this hat, please confront him. You do not want to be the person who didn't speak up as we slip into fascism."

Mankey wrote that she shouted at him inside the Starbucks location, and he threatened to call the authorities on her. She said she yelled some more, and ended up leaving (but not before taking a few photos for posterity, apparently). Mankey said that she passed by the Starbucks later in the day and was shocked to discover that the elderly gentleman was still there.

Mankey explained that she went inside the Starbucks store for a second time that day and demanded to know the man's name, his address, the location of his children's school, and his wife's name.

The elderly man was apparently tired of Mankey's abuse, so he left the store — but Mankey followed him out and shouted more profanities at him, and demanded he leave town forever.

"The part that was really heartbreaking to me was that in a full Starbucks, I was the only one person yelling at him," Mankey complained. "There were other white people in there who should have called him out. It is the duty of every white person in America to stand up to this every time they see it."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One more for your side.***

Apr 3, 2019, 12:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: moor hate crimes

Apr 3, 2019, 12:50 PM

Has any group of people in American history had it worse than MAGA Hatters?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2019, 12:54 PM

I've never actually seen someone wearing a MAGA hat in real life. I've seen it on tv and on the internet, but I've never seen it with my own eyes in person. I don't think my first reaction would be to confront that person, but I would probably have a hard time holding back laughter at their expense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2019, 7:20 PM

You haven’t seen me on a Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can think of at least a couple of groups...***

Apr 3, 2019, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: moor hate crimes ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So - folks are triggered by a MAGA cap in the same way as

Apr 3, 2019, 1:14 PM

a confederate flag?

Snowflakes gonna snowflake, I guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously when was America great and what were top 5 metrics

Apr 3, 2019, 1:32 PM

that defined this period of greatness?

Be careful because it might not have been so great for ...
For Women, blacks or the disabled
Tax brackets for the wealthy and corporations may have been higher
Country might have been at war
Economy had a recession or high interest rates
Life expectancy shorter or more health care uninsured Americans
Poverty rates higher and literacy rates lower
There may have been a Democratic president
Clemson FB had a down few years

One could make a case that 2010 through 2019 has been the best American decade - meaning a combination of the Obama and Trump years. That should blow some people’s minds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the same way you say its never been great...

Apr 3, 2019, 1:55 PM

I read a movie review for "The Beach Bum" the other day in Time magazine.

I'll be honest, I never finished reading the review, because I stopped and thought about the phrase ".. But in these dark times, it’s just the ticket..." for a while.

What "dark times" are we talking about? I've wondered about this since I read that line. The economy is moving along pretty briskly, so chances are if you want a job, you probably have one. We aren't technically at war with anyone, it's spring time in most parts of the country, and I'm just glad to be done with daylight savings time, and pollen is almost gone.

Why is now "dark times"? Because we have a president that most of Hollywood doesn't like? Is that whats really shaping your view of the world? How others see it? Or more accurately, how others want you to see it?

So you ask when were we "great" again? There certainly have been times that we haven't been as great as others, but overall, we're pretty lucky to live here.

oh yeah..link

Apr 3, 2019, 1:57 PM

http://time.com/5560235/the-beach-bum-harmony-korine-movie-review/

by his definition, no country ever

Apr 3, 2019, 2:03 PM [ in reply to In the same way you say its never been great... ]

all i will say is our country has improved the lives of all that live in it by 1 millions times any other country. We have done bad as well but our contributions farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr outweigh any bad.

But I'm sure the US hating libs will disagree.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like most MAGA folks - no answer. If it’s just your gut ...

Apr 3, 2019, 4:26 PM

Then it could be the chili dog you ate for lunch.

The word “Again” implies that the country was greater at some point in the past.

Your answer implies that the “A” means “Always”. There are good points to demonstrate that.

Apr 3, 2019, 1:41 PM

I see people wearing MAGA hats here and there. I would never say anything. It's none of my business. Of course I think the person is an idiot, but I keep it to myself, just like most people. Actually a few weeks ago some dude came into my local bar with his hat on, had a meal, then left. People ragged on him behind his back after he left though. People just look at people wearing those hats as clowns. This wasnt even a liberal bar either. It was a mixed bag. Its more that he was bring controversial politics into a bar.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"People just look at people wearing those hats as clowns."

Apr 3, 2019, 1:56 PM

Who does? Where?

all his lib friends

Apr 3, 2019, 1:59 PM

i just think the hats look like old person hats and are ugly.

I have a red Boston Whaler hat that I occasionally wear

Apr 3, 2019, 2:06 PM

that I like. But its not all puffed up on the top like the foam MAGA hats are.

Re: "People just look at people wearing those hats as clowns."

Apr 3, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to "People just look at people wearing those hats as clowns." ]

Did you see a bunch of "libs" wearing Obama shirts everyday? What about any Republicans wearing Bush gear after the 2000 or 2004 election? Don't you think it is a little odd for a grown person to walk around wearing their political ideology on the top of their head?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The O bumper stickers were obnoxious.***

Apr 3, 2019, 3:47 PM

Re: The O bumper stickers were obnoxious.***

Apr 3, 2019, 4:13 PM

Bumper stickers are different to me. You typically put those on during the election and then don't take them off/forget they are on. Putting on the MAGA cap is a daily choice.

Re:

Apr 3, 2019, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: "People just look at people wearing those hats as clowns." ]

Especially in a bar. I live in a conservative area and he was still ragged on. The bar I go to is where working man fisherman hangout generally.

Got an "old guy" neighbor gettin' real thin up top so he

Apr 3, 2019, 3:45 PM [ in reply to "People just look at people wearing those hats as clowns." ]

always wears hats...as in the only place I haven't seen him wearing a hat is at the Christmas party he hosts every year. Anyway, I was givin' him some shid about his bright shiny new Bama hat, asked him if he tossed his old one after the natty game out of superstition, he says Nah, switched to his MAGA hat after the season and got called a "redneck" too many times in public so he put it away. And this is the state of freakin' Alabama, we redneck with the best of'em.

I have told thee often, and I re-tell thee again and again,

Apr 3, 2019, 1:42 PM

I hate the Moor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The card says the moops***

Apr 3, 2019, 1:56 PM

Apr 3, 2019, 6:55 PM

did she shoot an arrow through his head as the cover photo suggests?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 651
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic