Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

Sep 4, 2018, 7:53 AM

Should Clemson drop Nike?    [Results]

Yes
No
military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe we should start lighting our own stuff on fire

Sep 4, 2018, 7:56 AM

to really show them who is boss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The true Nicholas.... "UNCAGED!" +1.***

Sep 4, 2018, 7:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't resist posting this every chance I get

Sep 4, 2018, 1:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S73swRzxs8Y

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh St probably will

Sep 4, 2018, 8:09 AM [ in reply to I believe we should start lighting our own stuff on fire ]

Urbs pants could burst into flames at any moment now. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poll: Is it time for Clemson to drop Nike?

Sep 4, 2018, 7:58 AM

No

Is Pony still in business ? Bring them back.***

Sep 4, 2018, 8:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 8:01 AM

I think it’s time your learned what the constitution says.

Sep 4, 2018, 8:04 AM

Does it say a school can't exercise a freedom of expression based on the ideals of that school?

Sep 4, 2018, 8:07 AM

Excuse me if I’m wrong, but didn’t we just sign a long term contract with Nike? The time to discuss this is when that contract has expired.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we signed this contract, they had not smacked us in the

Sep 4, 2018, 8:19 AM

face with Kaepernick.

Re: When we signed this contract, they had not smacked us in the

Sep 4, 2018, 9:19 AM

Was there a clause that allowed early termination in the event of Kaepernick? If not, I think the poll is mute.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kaepernick has had an endorsement deal with Nike since 2011***

Sep 4, 2018, 1:01 PM [ in reply to When we signed this contract, they had not smacked us in the ]

Curious where you’re going with this. What does the

Sep 4, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Poll: Is it time for Clemson to drop Nike? ]

Constitution day that applies to his post?

null

Re: Curious where you’re going with this. What does the

Sep 4, 2018, 8:42 AM

The first amendment of the constitution says we have the freedom to express ourself in a peaceful manner. If you are against people excercising that right and calling for boycotts of companies who support those who do you’re as unamerican as anybody.

Lol. Seriously? You think Americans have to support

Sep 4, 2018, 9:02 AM

every protest in every manner or they don’t respect the first amendment?

Hilarious.

null

Our freedom is from the government

Sep 4, 2018, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Curious where you’re going with this. What does the ]

We are not free from consequences in our business dealings or personal relationships.
The first amendment protects you from the government....noone else

Re: Our freedom is from the government

Sep 4, 2018, 2:41 PM

Unlike the 2nd Amendment which provides arms to protect yourself from the government...and anyone else who seeks to harm you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Curious where you’re going with this. What does the

Sep 6, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Curious where you’re going with this. What does the ]

AND THATS JUST WHAT I'M DOING
NO MORE NIKE !!!!###

I’m on your side in this one, however that’s not what the

Sep 6, 2018, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Curious where you’re going with this. What does the ]

1st Amendment says.

All these crazy people on both sides wanting to boycott every company that has a policy they don’t like or hires someone they don’t like, or gives money to someone you don’t like are psycho. It’s hard to keep up with all the boycotts: Nike, Chick-fil-a, Hobby Lobby, Starbucks, etc.

The only boycott I participate in is against the “woo-hoo”. If you don’t join my woo-hoo boycott you hate America. And puppies. And grandma.

Sep 4, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Poll: Is it time for Clemson to drop Nike? ]

are you at work today? Why don't you start protesting Kavanagh or Abortion while you are there?

Please go do it and tell me how it works out.

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Because of the Kaep stuff? Sheesh***

Sep 4, 2018, 8:03 AM

Re: Because of the Kaep stuff? Sheesh***

Sep 4, 2018, 8:04 AM

I, for one, hope that our dear President orders a drone strike on every Nike factory in the world!!!!

You got a stockpile of mini-caskets...?***

Sep 4, 2018, 8:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever..i personally think I’m not telling youse..

Sep 4, 2018, 8:20 AM

but to say i Try NOT to buy shoes, caps or clothing that has a logo, sign or brand on it says it all..for all companies...

unless it’s Clemson or Beach Boys stuff! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson just announced a new deal. Not gonna happen***

Sep 4, 2018, 8:15 AM

Sep 4, 2018, 8:17 AM

No, Clemson just signed a contract, but you personally can send a message in a number of ways regarding the present ad campaign which many find disrespectful.

Sep 4, 2018, 8:22 AM

I told my wife just last week that I needed some new Clemson "stuff". Uh … not now! I'll just make do with the faded things I have.

Sep 4, 2018, 8:27 AM

Have so many people really lost the ability to disagree with something without losing their minds over it?

Sep 4, 2018, 9:04 AM

I figured my post above would get some downvotes, as will this one. Which furthers my point a bit. People accuse those with low pulse ratings on here as being "coots" and often time that may be true, but really the voting system should be deemed a "I disagree with what you said" button.

For the record, I have never agreed with the way the players have protested. I think they would have much better ways of getting their stance out there. However, I think the outrage behind it has been a bit crazy. I don't like how they've done it, so I've largely ignored it. I don't get why so many act as if they have pushed a bunch of WW2 veterans with American flags wrapped around them out onto midfield before the start of each game, and lit them on fire or something.

Colin Kaepernick has done and said some stupid things, but have many of you actually seen some of the good he's done for the world? He has donated over a million dollars to feed starving people, and this is a man that although he's made a lot of money, has done much of this giving after having his career cut short. Yes, he probably would have been a backup, but that's still a ton of money he would've kept making.

So many people upset over the protesters are always asking what these players have done to improve things when the cameras aren't on, but they highly ignore things like this. You don't have to like anything I'm typing here, and many of you won't. I just don't see how as a society, we've completely lost the ability to agree to disagree. These days everything has to be blown up, and has to turn into a "I'm boycotting this company" and "never watching this thing again" over each and every thing.

Doing those things is certainly your right, but if you boycott every little thing that is attached to something you don't agree with then you're going to quickly be left without much to support. It's not just that, but people lose the ability to just decide to no longer give a company their business anymore. It's got to be things like this, where people ask for an entire university to pull its business, and try to get other people to do the same. Everything has to be such an outrage, and everything has to be "conservative vs. liberal" all the time.

Sep 4, 2018, 2:34 PM

What irks me are polls that come out like this that inherently assume that most people agree with the "it's disrespectful to the flag side". The reality is the people that are pro-Kap (or at least his message) AND the people that don't care either way, are a lot larger than the people are anti-Kap. It's just that the anti Kap side has more money, power, influence, and is a lot louder.

Re: Poll: Is it time for Clemson to drop Nike?***

Sep 4, 2018, 8:34 AM

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Sep 4, 2018, 8:38 AM

Clemson University has a rich background to answering the call to serve our nation. Dedicated to the men and women that have answered that call, Memorial Stadium has always had an American flag overlooking the field during games. Is it time we separate ourselves from a company that just took a stance in the opposite direction?

Contrary to popular belief, when folks sign up for service in this country, they do not swear and oath to protect the flag. They swear an oath to protect the Constitution. Lest we forget, here is what the first amendment says...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I might not like what Colin Kaepernick has to say, but I'll defend his right to say it to the death.

The flag is not what makes our country great, it's the bill of rights.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Sep 4, 2018, 8:42 AM

You think Fidel Castro supports our Bill of Rights?

Sep 4, 2018, 8:54 AM

You think Fidel Castro supports our Bill of Rights?

No. He's dead.

Sep 4, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Poll: Is it time for Clemson to drop Nike? ]

As a conservative thinker and history instructor I must say Lonnie Utah got it right. Having taken both constitional history and con. law I believe in the Bill of Rights under our constitution. I personally do not agree with the NFL protest stance or Nike’s ad, but I would step forward to defend the right of protest and free speech under the constitution. Our nation’s citizens seemed to have lost a critical ability within our historical framework to civil debate in the context of “agreeing to disagree” without losing respect for the opportunity to hear another point of view.

Stop buying or wearing Nike if you find the marketing campaign distasteful. Write the AD and BOT and express your feelings freely. Trust me Nike is already getting push back.
Ask yourselves something fundamental. Given the time and place would I want my voice silenced simply because someone else disagrees with my right of expression of a different opinion? I think not.

Go Tigers ??!!

^^^ Excellent post.***

Sep 4, 2018, 11:55 AM

Sep 4, 2018, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Poll: Is it time for Clemson to drop Nike? ]

For me the issue has always been time and place.

We all have the right to do this or that - just do it during your time. This platform was already established - don't try to take it away from the people that enjoy it. Don't ruin it for us. Have your own time designated and have your folks go do that then.

Sep 6, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Poll: Is it time for Clemson to drop Nike? ]

ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

Sep 6, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Poll: Is it time for Clemson to drop Nike? ]

OK. So , if they have a rally in Chicago to discuss Police

Sep 4, 2018, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Poll: Is it time for Clemson to drop Nike? ]

Brutality....and I mean a civil meeting. Invitees only, held indoors in a protected area...and I show up wearing a Rebel Flag....How do you think most of the people there would react? WOuld they be offended? Would they be prejudiced against everything I have to say at that point? Or would they put that thouhgt away and say, "Come on in Mr.Spud from SOUTH CAROLINA, we are anxious to hear your thoughts and ideas..."

I doubt it.

Who is "They"?***

Sep 4, 2018, 9:11 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK. So , if they have a rally in Chicago to discuss Police

Sep 6, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to OK. So , if they have a rally in Chicago to discuss Police ]

Your comparison is stupid and doesn't work because the rebel flag for most blacks represents OPPRESSION. You invite a symbol of hatred in to that environment. Nothing Kaepernick is doing represents any sort of oppression or acts of racism or symbolization of the unequal treatment of white people, regardless of its "offense to the military" or other strawman arguments used to oppose his message.

Re: OK. So , if they have a rally in Chicago to discuss Police

Sep 6, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to OK. So , if they have a rally in Chicago to discuss Police ]

Your comparison is stupid and doesn't work because the rebel flag for most blacks represents OPPRESSION. You invite a symbol of hatred in to that environment. Nothing Kaepernick is doing represents any sort of oppression or acts of racism or symbolization of the unequal treatment of white people, regardless of its "offense to the military" or other strawman arguments used to oppose his message.

Sep 4, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Poll: Is it time for Clemson to drop Nike? ]

Why do so few understand this?

Our troops represent the flag, not the other way around. The flag represents the ideals that our country was founded on and the laws of the land. Freedom of speech is arguably the most important law it represents.

Now the "anti snowflake" and older "mature" crowd is losing their mind over extremely peaceful protest. It has nothing to do with the military but they want to make it about the troops. They pulled out the strawman to avoid facing the real issue at hand.

Sep 4, 2018, 8:50 AM

Let’s focus on Clemson and not Nike.

Nope, I'm proud of the stance that Nike took...***

Sep 4, 2018, 8:50 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quite a bit of irony, the right calls the other side “snowflakes”

Sep 4, 2018, 8:52 AM

Yet then cuts their Nike gear up and whine when they disagree with something.

Pot, meet kettle.

Typical liberal whining.***

Sep 4, 2018, 8:58 AM

Ironic, given the original post***

Sep 4, 2018, 9:27 AM

Re: Quite a bit of irony, the right calls the other side “snowflakes”

Sep 4, 2018, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Quite a bit of irony, the right calls the other side “snowflakes” ]

Freedom of speech includes the right to advocate boycot.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it makes one look petty

Sep 4, 2018, 9:08 AM

I’m sure a sports behemoth like Nike is really gonna be hurting because some folks got their feeling hurt that they signed Kaep.

Missing the point anyways.

Calling the left snowflakes and then getting so upset about something as trivial as this is the very definition of being a snowflake.

Re: Quite a bit of irony, the right calls the other side “snowflakes”

Sep 6, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Quite a bit of irony, the right calls the other side “snowflakes” ]

EXACTLY RIGHT

im not colin is a raging

Sep 4, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Nope, I'm proud of the stance that Nike took...*** ]

piece of chit

the moment clemson starts fighting a politcal war is the

Sep 4, 2018, 8:57 AM

moment football will not be fun anymore. It hasn't crept into college sports as much to this point but engaging in the madness is exactly the reason they signed him to nike. So you're feeding the monster by creating a stink about...just ignore all this political stuff and quit getting worked.

By getting mad and causing a stir you're validating Kaepernick and giving him purpose. Feel free not to buy Nike yourself but keep the opinions about him to yourself. We live in a crappy time as far as this outrage stuff goes and its done b/c it sells.

If schools/teams start pulling support for Nike b/c of this ad campaign then you'll start seeing college sports fold up b/c lord knows there are a ton of liberal idiots in our college system that will start causing issues.I guess its inevitable but i just hate to see it go. ITs the only fun level of sports that hasn't be bought out by politics but we all know its coming.

Lol yeah if you want Clemson to wear ###### Adidas or

Sep 4, 2018, 9:00 AM

Russell Athletic jerseys, go right ahead. Ya'll are just freaking out and making a huge kneejerk reaction out of basically nothing.

GO TIGERS

*** Is it time for Clemson to drop Nike?*** YES***

Sep 4, 2018, 9:36 AM

Sep 4, 2018, 9:50 AM

Never turn down free money - Which is not an endorsement and does not mean I will but Nike’s ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

of course not

Sep 4, 2018, 10:35 AM

they produce the best collegiate athletics apparel in the business. And they don'y have the connection to that basketball scandal that Adidas had last year.

GT was a laughing stock for years for having Russell Athletic and Maryland has not really benefited so well from their under armor deal

It's time.......

Sep 4, 2018, 10:48 AM

.....to stop watching sports and thinking about politics and how this or that player or coach, sponsor or network might agree, disagree, or advocate for or against your current political views.

Come to think of it, it's time for most of us to quit thinking about politics with every breath we breathe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 11:12 AM

I say NO.

Also the vote of a bunch of tnetters should not, and will not, have any bearing on Clemson’s contract with Nike or any other organization.

At the end of the day I most care about the quality of players that we recruit to this institution. The fact of the matter is, Nike is far and away the most popular brand amongst student athletes. There have been highly rated hs prospects who have chosen to not attend universities bc they were not Nike schools. Does anyone on this board want to alienate any potential student athletes that can help Clemson win games bc they don’t like Colin Kaepernick?

If so then you aren’t ALL IN

Sep 4, 2018, 12:34 PM

As much as I think Nike is pathetically misguided, the last thing Clemson needs to do is start making noise about pulling out their contract with them. If you don't think the "resistors"...err "reporters" in the media would not absolutely LOVE to take down a Southern school with claims of racial bias (with more than a little help from groups within Clemson itself) then you haven't been paying attention.

Let's see...who ELSE could have Nike chosen??? Hmm..anybody else in sports do an absolutely amazing job helping those less fortunate and fighting the good fight? Maybe some on the Texans (NO, not THAT Texan)? How about JJ Watt? That guy literally almost single-handily saved Houston from the terrible aftermath of a hurricane with like $60 million in donations. But instead, we get a whiney, faux social justice warrior who gets absolutely TONS of free sympathetic press and a paycheck from Nike and then pretends like he is some lonely man fighting the good fight all by himself. Pffft...give me a freakin' break. That guy is more coddled than Saban on ESECPN.

Sep 4, 2018, 12:50 PM

First of all, Watt has a deal with Reebok so it would be pretty hard for Nike to sign him to anything. Also, think what you want about Kaepernick, but you really should look up a lot of what he's done. He's donated over a million of his own money, and helped raise money to over 40 charities himself. Then, whether you agree with his stance or the way he went about it or not, at least he was really to take a stand(or knee in this case) for something he believed in. He's received a ton of backlash as a result, and had his NFL career cut short due to it. I'm not seeing how that is being coddled.

Sep 4, 2018, 12:35 PM

As much as I think Nike is pathetically misguided, the last thing Clemson needs to do is start making noise about pulling out their contract with them. If you don't think the "resistors"...err "reporters" in the media would not absolutely LOVE to take down a Southern school with claims of racial bias (with more than a little help from groups within Clemson itself) then you haven't been paying attention.

Let's see...who ELSE could have Nike chosen??? Hmm..anybody else in sports do an absolutely amazing job helping those less fortunate and fighting the good fight? Maybe some on the Texans (NO, not THAT Texan)? How about JJ Watt? That guy literally almost single-handily saved Houston from the terrible aftermath of a hurricane with like $60 million in donations. But instead, we get a whiney, faux social justice warrior who gets absolutely TONS of free sympathetic press and a paycheck from Nike and then pretends like he is some lonely man fighting the good fight all by himself. Pffft...give me a freakin' break. That guy is more coddled than Saban on ESECPN.

No, because we use Nike for their apparel

Sep 4, 2018, 12:43 PM

and not for their political statements.

I don't understand why our society insists on confusing the two.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: No, because we use Nike for their apparel

Sep 6, 2018, 9:34 AM

SERIOUSLY???!!!!

Nike is still the premier sporting apparel brand, no?

Sep 4, 2018, 1:06 PM

One of the main reasons Clemson continues to work with Nike is because of their massive appeal to younger folks, AKA recruits. If anything, the Kaepernick ad campaign will only make Nike more popular with that demographic.

Ding ding ding

Sep 4, 2018, 1:48 PM

I bought another pair of Nikes after they made their announcement.

Bunch of snowflakes in here. They have the right to make their stance known, and you have the right to take your business elsewhere. But I personally don't care whether you do or not, and you can bet Nike ran the numbers of this beforehand. They know you either A) Won't actually take your business elsewhere or B) Won't offset the increase in business from their less racist customers.

Re: Ding ding ding

Sep 6, 2018, 9:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Ding ding ding

Sep 6, 2018, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Ding ding ding ]

Exactly. Kapernick's jersey was the number 3 seller in the NFL last year and he wasn't even in the league. Nike realizes they are about to make a great return on this investment.

Re: Nike is still the premier sporting apparel brand, no?

Sep 6, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Nike is still the premier sporting apparel brand, no? ]

Exactly. Nike is going to be even bigger with recruits now too.

Sep 4, 2018, 1:07 PM

Yes.....#### Nike!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 2:53 PM

So let me get this straight:

People rioting in the street and causing problems = bad (I agree.)

Someone peacefully and silently protesting by kneeling during the national anthem and everyone is still losing their minds like that’s somehow worse...

I don’t agree with his view on this, I don’t think he’s a hero for what he did, but the people who are losing their minds over his difference of opinion and exercising his free speech don’t really seem to understand the values of the country you act so proud of.

Apparently we’ve become such a petty polarized nation that any show of disagreement and people want to destroy companies with boycotts and destroy people’s lives. If you don’t agree with him, ignore him. All this uproar is just giving him more attention.

Sep 4, 2018, 2:58 PM

I chime in with a current proclamation that the Clemson University Senate has come out with, condemning and trying to cause a stink about a few knuckleheads riding up and down 123 with Confederate flags waving in the breeze. And to make it more HORRID!, they are standing on the 123 overpass bridge doing the same thing.
Even Rodney King, a Great American, after having the tihs beat out of him by LA's Finest said..."Can't we all get along?"...Sometimes i wonder...

Sep 6, 2018, 9:26 AM

YES YES HELL YES !!!!###

Sep 6, 2018, 9:43 AM

Obviously not. Luckily, we have smart people running the show who will never consider such a stupid thing.

I hate getting poked in the eye with a stick, which is how I

Sep 6, 2018, 10:17 AM

feel every time I logon to TigerNet, go to the Football forum, and get political horseshid staring me in the face. There is a forum for discussion of Politics, and everybody knows that. But no, they intentionally post it on the Football board... basically just ignoring the wishes of almost everyone... it's like "eff all of you, I'm gonna shove it in your face, whether you like it or not".

Personally, I think those posters should be banned, at least temporarily. There's just no excuse for it.

Oh yeah, you know what's funny? I guarantee you the people who do it are the ones who complain that ESPN sucks now, because they've injected politics into all the sports shows....

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Sep 6, 2018, 10:26 AM

Oh course not

Sep 19, 2018, 7:43 AM

No matter what side of the issue you are on regarding the NFL kneeling and the reasons behind it, here are the facts. Kaepernick is a has been (if you don't believe me Google his stats) who didn't develop "ideals" until after he was riding the pine. He has sacrificed absolutely nothing and gained everything in his bid to politicize himself for media attention and the quest for more money. Nike, a company that allegedly uses sweatshop labor to produce their goods, a stark human rights violation, has in an ironic twist jumped to champion Kaepernick's supposed cause which is tied to protesting for human rights. Nike has taken advantage of a politicized and divisive issue (that most Americans have already let be known they want left out of their sports) and made it worse all in an effort to sell more shoes. Do not believe for one moment this stunt represents anything more than an opportunity for profit to Nike. So once again regardless of the side you are on Nike does not actually care about anything other than money and has proven that they are willing to help to continue to devide Americans with media charged political savvy all to chase the almighty dollar. Should Clemson drop Nike? As soon as they can legally do so. Buy out the contract, have lawyers look for a loophole, whatever. But don't support the heartless corporation willing to use Americans by pretending to care in search of greater profits for one second more than you have to.

Nike isn't against the military

Sep 19, 2018, 8:08 AM

They are against racially-motivated police violence

Sep 19, 2018, 8:55 AM

Nike has the right of free speech but so do I. I will no longer purchase anything with the Nike name or swish on it. Many on Nike’s side will call this a hate boycott. But it is not. It is just my right to excercise my same rights.

There are so many other options available that nike is just an over priced product. So long nike at least at my house, my closet and my sports gear etc...

I plan to hit about $100 worth of nike golf balls in a very deep lake unless they can be recycled into a more useful product. Maybe they can be recycled into artificial limbs for our injured soldiers.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Message removed by Author

Sep 19, 2018, 9:42 AM

Most people do not know that during WW II the Germans drove GMC trucks to the beach to fight the allies, their communication equipment was supported by IBM associated with a company called Hollerithse. Other companies who did business with the Nazis were Coke and Kodak. Also, Bayer pharmaceuticals did great deal of business with th Germans as did Ford , Chase National Bank, BASF and ITT Inc.

All of these companies were willing to exchanged dollars for American, Canadian and British lives!

Re: Message removed by Author

Sep 19, 2018, 9:51 AM

That being said - none of those companies currently support someone who blatantly disrespected our fallen HEROES, first responders, men in blue, and AMERICA basically.

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic