Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seems like just a couple months ago we were complaining
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Seems like just a couple months ago we were complaining

Jul 9, 2019, 2:30 PM

about Brad's lack of tournament success. Now he's 1 win away from Clemson being named the world champions of the world, which is even better than being just the NCAA champs.

I hope D-Rad is paying attention, a lifetime contract for Coach Brad Brownell is probably in order.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Twice in 9 years, 4 starters from a Tourney team return

Jul 9, 2019, 2:39 PM

and can not make the Tourney because in Year 9 the coach can't build a bench.

Are those facts of the case as you see them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Twice in 9 years, 4 starters from a Tourney team return

Jul 9, 2019, 2:41 PM

last year was bad considering the roster and experience. I'm not sure what happened. THis year after transfers in and out plus recruits the roster is almost new. I think this summer experience will really help them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So GWP can add your name to the lifetime contract petition?***

Jul 9, 2019, 2:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we beat the entire world, there isn't really anything

Jul 9, 2019, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Twice in 9 years, 4 starters from a Tourney team return ]

left to prove...why even play meaningless college basketball this winter?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well, yes. But that was last year.

Jul 9, 2019, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Twice in 9 years, 4 starters from a Tourney team return ]

This year we are on the brink of being world champions. Would you rather beat the entire world, or would you rather beat NCAA division 1 teams, which is a subset of a subset of a subset of a subset of the entire world?

I'll wait...

I believe this will be a fine resume builder for Brad...

Jul 9, 2019, 2:44 PM

when he's looking for a new job.

He didn't get fired after missing the tournament 7 times

Jul 9, 2019, 2:57 PM

what makes you think he could be fired after beating every single country in the world at basketballing? That's like elite Coach K type credentials.

So Clemson's AD is a slow learner, makes perfect cents...

Jul 9, 2019, 2:58 PM

being a public skewl & all.

Re: He didn't get fired after missing the tournament 7 times

Jul 9, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to He didn't get fired after missing the tournament 7 times ]

Perhaps POTUS should look into hiring CBB for the next Olympics?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like just a couple months ago we were complaining

Jul 9, 2019, 2:59 PM

I know you are only kidding, but please don't even put that out there. Some nonoriginal thinker in the Athletic Department might take off and run with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not kidding***

Jul 9, 2019, 3:04 PM

I knew that because you...

Jul 9, 2019, 3:09 PM

have never posted anything funny in the past.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

As tnet's resident moran likes to say,

Jul 9, 2019, 3:10 PM

thank you for the kind words

We’re about to find out how many scoks Judge has...

I think he’ll shower this topic with mucho TUs.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When a CBB coached Clemson team beats every single...

other country's All-Star team, well let's just say those Littlejohn renovations are starting to pay dividends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Agree 110%***

Jul 9, 2019, 3:11 PM

Amazing how far our BB program has come

Jul 9, 2019, 3:15 PM

Between OP leaving the cupboard bare & KJ leaving Clemson early, I assumed we wouldn't be able to compete with the big boys until the 2020's

Glad I was wrong!

Yep, and don't forget the season where we had to play

Jul 9, 2019, 3:21 PM

all of our games on the road. CBB fans used that as a crutch/excuse. Well now we play all of our games halfway around the world and it don't matter none, we still win.

Can't believe I forgot about that...

Jul 9, 2019, 3:38 PM

So let me get this straight....this past offseason we let Steve Smith walk, and now all of the sudden we are 1 win away from being crowned world champs?

I think we found the problem. Smith undoubtedly steered Zion to Duke and also most likely encouraged KJ to bolt for the NBA

It's good to know that the AD knows how to weed out the bad apples before it's too late

Unacceptable! We want to be Masters of the Universe!***

Jul 9, 2019, 3:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 9, 2019, 3:49 PM

I am glad we are doing well overseas but it is hard to put this success into context without knowing the makeup of the teams we are playing. If these are Olympic quality national teams, we have a lot to be proud of. If this is the Lithuanian Church of Christ 12th grade boys Sunday school class, then not so much.

Those teams were made up of All-Stars.***

Jul 9, 2019, 3:58 PM

Correct, it's basically like little ol Clemson

Jul 9, 2019, 4:04 PM

facing off against, and beating a group of U.S. NBA all-stars

Jul 10, 2019, 6:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Seems like just a couple months ago we were complaining ]

Germany was all pro. #20 for Israel has been pro for 8 years. 8 years ago we had guys in elementary school. Most of these teams have numerous pros. The competition that we have played has been stout and worthy. This is historic for our program. As much as football is beloved (and should be) they will Never be able to claim this distinction.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic