Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am sorry but some things do stick and you have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I am sorry but some things do stick and you have

Aug 10, 2019, 10:00 AM

To be aware of them and fight back. I realize this will be an unpopular post with many of you on Tigernet but happily a diversity of opinions is the American way. PF's agenda and his following in other Southern states is not something you can stick you head in the sand on. He makes his appearance in many peoples homes through his media and thus spreads his agenda, unfiltered into the ears of many great and upcoming player prospects. That's a fact. They may ignore it. But it's out there. Period.

When the horrific word used to describe Clemson earlier in Dabo's career was floating around many said to ignore it. Don't feed it. Don't talk about. But it kept coming up over and over and over and Dabo realized its narrative was negative to the program and Dabo took a stand and lambasted the media over it. So, I expect old PF to keep spewing his crap with his negative views of Clemson and Dabo until Dabo strikes back. He always does: Chris Folwer, Colin Cowherd, and Pauuulll.

Take it or leave it. Please don't post telling me to ignore it. It will.go away. Don't give him clicks or media to make it grow. I would rather my post to stand as a diverse opinion rather than hear the same old tired bull crap about ignoring him. It is out there. Non-Clemson fans bring it up in conversations. Other media join the conservation and spread it. We do not live in a bubble. I have loved my Tigers since 1972 so I have seen a lot of off seasons but never one where the Tigers were specifically targeted negatively like PF has done regionally and nationally this off season. On a happy note, when Dabo stands up to PF I know it will be EPIC! Can't wait! Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has a special way to stick something...

Aug 10, 2019, 10:10 AM

up someone's butt. Steven A Smith's Alabama, alabama, alabama, alabama and Alabama comes to mind. Another good one was the crew who said Clemson would be lugubrious. Sometimes he uses a red hot poker, sometimes a fence post and sometimes just the facts.

Facts seem to humble media more than anything. Of all the most harmless people I know Dabo may be the chieftest yet, I recommend those who oppose him should tread lightly.

Imo, Finebaum is living on borrowed time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it weren’t for Tigernet

Aug 10, 2019, 11:17 AM

I would have no idea what Paul is saying. I must admit that I can’t wait for Dabo to blast this guy. It’s coming.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it weren’t for Tigernet

Aug 10, 2019, 11:51 AM

Gets it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the point others are making

Aug 10, 2019, 10:14 AM

And with which I agree is that we are the national champions and have won two of the last three. We are the envy of just about every other program/fan base in the country. The rest is just noise. The recruits certainly realize this and aren’t swayed but those who seek to tear us down as shown by our 2020 class. So who really cares what PF or Saban or a Bama player or an ESPN analyst (most of whom give us glowing praise btw despite the narrative on this board to the contrary) say or think? Just keep winning and again, nothing else really matters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ This.

Aug 10, 2019, 12:30 PM

The message for our players and coaches has GOT to be "We can't control what Finebaum or anybody else says. Let's focus on the things we can control, and don't worry about the things we can't control or influence". I guess here on T-net we can say or do pretty much anything we want regarding Finebaum, but the only impact we can possibly have is to not feed the monster.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I am sorry but some things do stick and you have

Aug 10, 2019, 10:18 AM

Oh please, what exactly has he said that could hurt Clemson? By hurt I mean in an actual wins/losses or losing recruits type of way. His crap is only a story on his own show, rival message boards, and Clemson boards where sites like this one know it’ll get them a ton of clicks if they post about everything he says.

Aug 10, 2019, 10:22 AM

PF is eager for Dabo to confront him. That would lend credibility to Paul's opinion. You are welcome to your opinion on the matter, as am I. I'm not saying people don't listen to Paaauuuul. Many do; especially the SEC homers. The point is, what difference does it make. Clemson hasn't become "the darling of NCAA football" because media pundits love the paw. Clemson has commanded the respect of the college football world by winning and doing it the right way. As long as we keep winning the right way, it will not matter what the talking heads say. My parents taught me not to worry about things I can't change. I certainly can't change Paul Finebaum. So I'm wasting energy by worrying about what he things. And, in my humble but accurate opinion, so are you. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paul’s mistake in his latest rant is his generalization

Aug 10, 2019, 10:34 AM

of Clemson fans which I guess is taken from callers to his show and on Twitter. If you take a handful of people and generalize about hundreds of thousands, you’re usually wrong.

It happens every day here, be it Coot fans, UGA fans, Bama fans, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My apologies for watching that bias, prejudiced, fork-tongued, pencil-neck Clemson basher..

Aug 10, 2019, 10:54 AM

and bringing his negative sheet onto our forum But the guy upset me time & again calling out a current player, then Dabo as an unfit person & coach and finally calling the town a bunch of Dim Watts!

Wait..!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My apologies for watching that bias, prejudiced, fork-tongued, pencil-neck Clemson basher..

Aug 10, 2019, 11:14 AM

Bill, you had no idea that it would ever develop into these full-blown nasty attacks by someone who is supposed to be a professional.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

At least Colin took his comeuppance...

Aug 10, 2019, 10:53 AM

I don’t see Paul’s smug self having enough character to do the same.

https://youtu.be/Z61DY-qythY

And, Pencil-neck is a FRAUD!

Aug 10, 2019, 11:01 AM

But really a Fraud in the true & lasting sense.

Saying..a Vol grad & fan but kisses the SEC, Bamny & Saban every waking moment. Shameless!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At least Colin took his comeuppance...

Aug 10, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to At least Colin took his comeuppance... ]

Colin’s segment here gave me a lot of respect for him. He didn’t whine and he gave all the credit to Dabo and Clemson. PF will have to be gobsmacked enumerable times before he will get it... but he won’t ever get it.

Aug 10, 2019, 10:59 AM

What will eventually quiet PF and the others who continuously bash Dabo and the program is to do exactly what they are doing...win, develop players, run a clean program, etc. A few more titles and a few more seasons of Alabama not winning the Natty will cause PF and his kind to self-implode.

I find it funny that with all of the preseason stuff going on for every SEC team he still finds time to bash anything Clemson. Seems like there would be plenty of stories to focus on in SEC football.

Agree. Dave called out Jesse Palmer and said

Aug 10, 2019, 10:59 AM

He had an agenda during coverage of our 26-14 win at NCSU. Jesse Palmer fell in line and changed his ways.

Aug 10, 2019, 11:06 AM

If Dabo wants to respond, that's great but all the chatter about Finebaum on Tigernet just feeds his agenda. I believe Dabo knows his agenda and doesn't want to feed his agenda with a response. I live in Alabama and have observed his operating mode for probably 25 years or more? The same applies to Dabo who knows his agenda from years of living in Alabama. He was this way as a journalist for the Birmingham News. He tried to create controversy to attract readers. Now he is doing it on television. He is simply a troll trying to bring attention to himself and his show on the SEC network, particularly with the ACC network about to launch. If Tigerboard is dominated by posts about Finebaum and Alabama, he has accomplished his purpose. If Clemson fans try to ignore him, he will find something else to create controversy and attract attention. I don't disagree that his message is going into homes who don't know the error in his message, but continually fighting Finebaum on Tigerboard doesn't help that situation because those homes don't read Tigerboard. We need to quit giving him the attention he craves. We become part of the problem and are only giving him what he wants!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2019, 11:54 AM

By the same token that Tiger fans are responding to PF, this response has PF responding to our comments, drawing even more attention to Clemson. I don't listen to PF so all I know about his remarks are those posted on this board. It appears much of his time as a SEC plugger is devoted to all things Clemson and would lead many people to question his true objective. Unbiased and neutral fans can easily see through a smoke screen and draw their own conclusions between fact and bull.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2019, 11:09 AM

No one is telling you what to do. Some of us are tired of it all, and if we continue to let it affect us, then PF wins. He's there to sow discord and add to his viewership, clicks, etc, by doing it. I'm happy Dabo addresses these problems--that's as it should be. But, at what point can we just relax and enjoy the rapidly approaching football season?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 10, 2019, 11:44 AM

PF is "winning" in the same manner Charlie Sheen was.
Deliriously!
We all see where Charlie is now.
Well....actually we don't.

* These remarks come from a big Three's Company fan. Hated to see Charlie lose it like that.

Aug 10, 2019, 11:46 AM

Lol, excuse me. Two and a Half Men.

His job is to pump the SEC

Aug 10, 2019, 11:40 AM

the only way he can do that now is to bash Clemson, because we own the SEC

With everything Finebaum is stirring up....

Aug 10, 2019, 11:54 AM

...you’d think he was working for an organization launching a new media venture along with a vested interest in getting people to pay attention to Clemson and college football. But that’s just a conspiracy theory.

Aug 10, 2019, 12:11 PM

You don't establish "class" by screeching angrily in denial and answering insult with insult.

You establish "class" by quietly doing your thing, believing in your program and your process, and tuning the haters out. This isn't politics; you don't win by trying to obliterate the competition; you win by building upon and promoting what you yourself have to offer.

I'd say it's working. We don't just have the #1 recruiting class in the country; we're now putting together ridiculous 10th-year-of-dynasty-mode-type recruiting classes composed of almost all the top guys because Clemson has established its track record and guys want to be part of what we have built here. Which is the real thing exciting Finebaum's fury: fear. Clemson was a nightmare before we were getting Top-10 classes...now that we're recruiting like a singular superpower, how on Earth is Alabama The Impersonal Football Factory supposed to compete?

They can't. That old model is obsolete; what Dabo has done, effectively, is the same thing Billy Beane did when he invented that "moneyball" approach towards baseball with the Oakland A's...Dabo completely changed what you have to do to be successful in college football nowadays. Nowadays you hear everybody talking about "culture" without really understanding what it is - though Dabo assuredly does - and the impact to college football is more iceberg-like in its proportion of seen to unseen. It's a bit like the spread hitting college football. I look out and I see maybe Scott Frost at Nebraska as a guy who can legitimately bring the positivity and personal touch required to re-create what Dabo has built at Clemson...whereas the football factories worked because they were recruiting machines and beat you to death with unmatchable talent; what happens when that is no longer true?

I think the result is obvious. I also think Finebaum has already done that math himself, and he already knows the answer...and doesn't like it.

So let Finebaum and the other SEC Network shills screech away. Screeching denial is all it really is. We aren't in a position where we even need to answer anymore, except on the field.

Nothing’s changed...

Aug 10, 2019, 12:14 PM

It still boils down to “just win, baby” and let them say what they want. I like our chances with any recruits our coaches deem worthy and if we get them to Clemson, I like’em even more.

And if the rest of the country wants to think Clemson is not what we think it is, fine. I’m good with that. The bandwagon thing is already bringing in way too many fans-not-really-fans.

Like others, I don't watch PF, so

Aug 10, 2019, 12:47 PM

What's griped about here is what I know and, frankly, most posts I never view.

Dabo's the coach...if he feels attacked/slighted/challenged by PF, he'll respond accordingly. Personally, I wouldn't want to be in PF's shoes when it happens. That said, Dabo is likely to simply ignore most, if not all, that's being said...as long as Dabo himself is the target. Ignoring delegitimizes EVERYTHING PF says...everything. Ultimately, it's PF droning on and on that renders him as the petty one.

Another aspect: why is it that Saban is taking on the 'new and softer, more personable/semi-approachable' headmaster? Because an automaton society is distasteful.

PF doesn't want to be captain of his ship...he wants to be the admiral of the feet. If he's not careful, he won't even have a crew to watch mutiny.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2019, 12:40 PM

I didn't listen to his rant as I have no time to support him and his sad show. If Dabo decides to reply it would be along the lines of "last time I checked he wont be suiting up and has zero impact on the outcome of any game". Best thing we can do is ignore him...he is a trying to draw an angry reaction to fuel his ratings. Funny how we live in his head rent free...just win baby

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic