Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is the year that we can finally get
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,461

This is the year that we can finally get

Sep 7, 2017, 9:14 PM

Our respect and prove that we belong in the conversation with Alabama and Ohio State. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was a little disgruntled when the preseason rankings came out to see Alabama and Ohio State, the two teams we beat in the playoffs, ranked 1 and 2, while our defending national championship TIGERS ranked 5th. We heard all the reasoning, we lost our quarterback along with all our top playmakers. My only problem with that was the fact that Alabama after winning the national championship 2 years ago and having to replace their QB with a true freshman started last year ranked number 1. So, my question was what's the difference. And I think the answer is simply this, they've done it before. Numerous times in fact. That's why they continue to get that kind of respect, because year after year, no matter how many new faces, they just keep winning. This is our year to prove we are that kind of team, that losing Deshaun and Williams, Gallman and Leggett as well as Scott doesn't set us back. That we can plug and play and continue the same excellence that we've established the last couple of years. If we do that this year then we'll be in that group of teams that get respect yearly no matter who the players are. This season is a huge opportunity to prove that this is Clemson football, not just about having a player like Deshaun being the reason we are there at the end. Saturday can Auburn will be huge for us. A lot of teams have won with great players and then fallen off once those players were gone. Auburn probably the most recent that I can remember. Being a contender consistently with different players is hard to do. Saban and Meyer have did it better than anyone. We'll find out this year we are truly on that level and I believe if we are their at the end this year, you will see us start to get that same type of respect as those other two programs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are ranked #3

Sep 7, 2017, 9:16 PM

In week 2. Not sure what there is to complain about. Win and your in.

Snowflake Basher........Out

But OSU in front of us, come on, and all the ESPN talk about

Sep 7, 2017, 10:13 PM

is OSU/Okie game! In their predictions today, they spent most of time on that game, and then the only other game they spoke of was Alabama's powerpuff game. How could they leave off Auburn and Clemson game? I hope the Okies upset OSU and we smash Auburn!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is the year that we can finally get

Sep 7, 2017, 9:20 PM

Well written. Couldn't agree more. Clemson has climbed the mountain. The fight isn't over though. The hard part is staying there. Winning after doing what clemson has done and losing who they've lost is what separates the Alabamas and Ohio States of the world from the Auburn and Oregons of the world.

The big difference I see is that those teams had enormous question marks going into the following seasons and played poorly. Clemson is primed for a great season and I think will prove their worth.

Dude, all I've heard all year is how Dabo is there with

Sep 7, 2017, 9:28 PM

the current elite coaches and how Clemson is an elite program, not just DW and 2 good years.
Not sure what you read and listen to, but most of my listening is Sirius College Sports station.
There has been nothing but praise.

It is reasonable that we lose our best QB (player??) in history, our top RB, our top WR, our top TE and our center and we our ranked in a meaningless preseason poll at #5.
After 1 game, they moved us to #3.
Win this week and we may just move higher.. but who cares?
Win and we are in.
Lose one, and we're still in the conversation.

Heck, I had, and still have, questions about Kelly Bryant. I'm concerned he's going to tuck and run any time the D gets pressure. I'll know better after this Aub game as will the rest of the country.
There is no more disrespect from most writers and radio guys worth a lick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Dude, all I've heard all year is how Dabo is there with

Sep 7, 2017, 9:57 PM

All I hear is the opposite.....and I wonder what the heII Ohio State do in the last eight months to be ranked higher than Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Sirius" seriously, most sports fans watch ESecPN or listen***

Sep 7, 2017, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Dude, all I've heard all year is how Dabo is there with ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was a good post to td, td bandit. Here's another one.***

Sep 8, 2017, 3:50 AM [ in reply to Dude, all I've heard all year is how Dabo is there with ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I am sooooo thankful...........

Sep 8, 2017, 3:24 AM

my happiness does not revolve around what some one I don't know and will never meet says, writes or thinks.

I feel sorry for those that worry about it. Just win.......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,461
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic