Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am not entirely sure what this means
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 721

I am not entirely sure what this means

Nov 30, 2018, 9:42 AM

maybe someone who is following this a little closer can explain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/individual-1-trump-emerges-as-a-central-subject-of-mueller-probe/2018/11/29/e3968994-f3f7-11e8-80d0-f7e1948d55f4_story.html?utm_term=.4b7ec341f91d

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump: "I have had dealings over the years where I sold a

Nov 30, 2018, 9:49 AM

house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago. I had the Miss Universe pageant — which I owned for quite a while — I had it in Moscow a long time ago. But other than that, I have nothing to do with Russia"

Also Trump: “There would have been nothing wrong if I did do it. When I’m running for president, that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to do business.”

Probably Trump: "OK I did do it."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing the CEO of McDonald's didn't run

Nov 30, 2018, 9:54 AM

They have over 500 locations in Russia, and however many Russian employees it takes to run them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good thing the CEO of McDonald's didn't run

Nov 30, 2018, 9:58 AM

I imagine he would have done the smart thing and resign, then divest himself, unlike the baffoon in the white house.

Clarification.....

Nov 30, 2018, 10:00 AM

how does one divest themself from a project that isn't occurring?

PS - It's "buffoon", not "baffoon".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clarification.....

Nov 30, 2018, 10:13 AM

thanks for the grammar lesson Obed, and I was not referring specifically to the trump Moscow deal, but his business enterprise as a whole. For instance, raising the prices at Mar Lago, then using it to entertain foreign emissaries. these just don;t strike me as the actions of a man worth 10 billion, but that of someone who is dipping into the red.

Oh, ok, I was just looking at the context of the thread.

Nov 30, 2018, 10:15 AM

Yeah, I think he should have stepped back from many, if not most, of his business entities too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last I checked, McDonalds hasn't lied about the existence of

Nov 30, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Good thing the CEO of McDonald's didn't run ]

those restaurants.

Show me Trump's brick and mortar in Russia.***

Nov 30, 2018, 10:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that the standard you're using?

Nov 30, 2018, 10:21 AM

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/trumps-unacceptable-campaign-conduct-and-two-other-takeaways-from-the-cohen-plea/

My example of McDonald's was actually far worse.

Nov 30, 2018, 10:25 AM

Whoever is the CEO of McDonald's has far greater, concrete, and direct financial ties to Russia than Trump ever had.

LOL. Right, the CEO of a publicly traded company

Nov 30, 2018, 10:31 AM

that discloses it's financials quarterly....

Was it Rush or Hannity that brought up McDonalds?

This is a weird, random, unrelated road you're going down.***

Nov 30, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to My example of McDonald's was actually far worse. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And this is where I take the off ramp.***

Nov 30, 2018, 10:35 AM

so you just got off on 19B?***

Nov 30, 2018, 10:37 AM

Who hasn't?***

Nov 30, 2018, 10:41 AM

So many obvious conflicts of interest

Nov 30, 2018, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Good thing the CEO of McDonald's didn't run ]

Impossible to know who this guy is working for and how people can’t see why this is a problem IS THE PROBLEM.

It means you take the Washington Post seriously.***

Nov 30, 2018, 9:51 AM

Re: It means you take the Washington Post seriously.***

Nov 30, 2018, 9:55 AM

Pretty credible source. It's not like it is Breitbart or Info Wars.

I gave up on it. Every story is colored with emotion-laden

Nov 30, 2018, 9:56 AM

adjectives and perspectives. It's the MSNBC to the Washington Examiner's Fox.

Re: I gave up on it. Every story is colored with emotion-laden

Nov 30, 2018, 10:00 AM

exactly, I am sure there are plenty of other news sources that color things to you liking, and leave out the stories you disagree with. It is such a wonderful time that we get to have our own alternative news and facts to keep us feeling warm and safe at night.

I think my favorite character attribute of yours is the

Nov 30, 2018, 10:02 AM

extreme lack of self-awareness. You'd be mind-numbingly dull without it.

Re: I think my favorite character attribute of yours is the

Nov 30, 2018, 10:05 AM

please tell me about my lack of self awareness as spoken through the world of Obed.

Not really into farting in the wind, amigo.

Nov 30, 2018, 10:06 AM

You just keep going with those snappy sarcastic one-liners disguised as wit.

Re: Not really into farting in the wind, amigo.

Nov 30, 2018, 10:08 AM

Obed. Why so protective of Trump though?

This may sum up most of the Trump defense on this board

Nov 30, 2018, 10:11 AM

The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally - not a 20 percent traitor.

Ronald Reagan

good quote, but I miss the analogy.***

Nov 30, 2018, 10:12 AM

You made the point below.

Nov 30, 2018, 10:13 AM

until then he's just an a-whole who is getting more results I like than ones I don't.

10-4, thanks.***

Nov 30, 2018, 10:15 AM

Protective? I'm balanced on the man, and if one is

Nov 30, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Not really into farting in the wind, amigo. ]

in the never-Trump camp, it probably does appear protective.

This latest development does two things, IMHO.

-Shows (yet again) him to be a truth bending charlatan
-Shows (yet again) a whole lot of media frenzy and leftist glee over something not illegal.

Like someone else said, I'm just following the facts....if and when something comes up showing something illegal, string him up, but until then he's just an a-whole who is getting more results I like than ones I don't.

Re: Protective? I'm balanced on the man, and if one is

Nov 30, 2018, 10:16 AM

this is progress, and only a year removed from your incessant catch phrase of "Indictments are imminent" Which I can only assume is NOT a sarcastic snappy one liner.

No, it's not progress. If you'd been paying attention, it's

Nov 30, 2018, 10:20 AM

100% consistent to how I've been all along.

I've never thought Trump was the hero we've all been waiting for, nor have I thought he was taking us down the fast lane to Nazi Germany-ville.

My "incessant catch phrase" as you well know was a parody of one of the most biased, jersey-wearing P&R members we have and the glee he took in the fan-fiction he wrote about Trump being hauled off in handcuffs any day now, starting in January 2017.

Re: No, it's not progress. If you'd been paying attention, it's

Nov 30, 2018, 10:33 AM

Well I believe he is likely guilty of a lot of things, and we will never know about them all. And I also prefer he get voted out, and not impeached. The latter would give too much oxygen to the fanatics.

I agree with your first line completely, but it's not

Nov 30, 2018, 10:36 AM

any different than I feel about anyone else that gets within reaching distance of the most powerful office in the world.

As for the second line, I wish more who absolutely hate the man could put emotion aside and share the sentiment.

Re: Not really into farting in the wind, amigo.

Nov 30, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Not really into farting in the wind, amigo. ]

I often forget how little you use sarcasm on this board. Personally i find it good insulation from all the stupidity.

Re: I gave up on it. Every story is colored with emotion-laden

Nov 30, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to I gave up on it. Every story is colored with emotion-laden ]

NY Times and CNN are reporting the same thing.

Times and the WSJ's are my general go-to's.

Nov 30, 2018, 10:17 AM

WSJ slightly to the right, NYT slightly to the left (both probably more left and right than "slight" but they cover it well generally and attempt to be balanced).

Between the two I think I get the gist of the news. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched news on TV....it's a shame what's happened there.

I'm afraid that's incorrect.

Nov 30, 2018, 2:10 PM [ in reply to I gave up on it. Every story is colored with emotion-laden ]

Maybe on the editorial pages or analysis pieces, but not in the news reporting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: It means you take the Washington Post seriously.***

Nov 30, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to It means you take the Washington Post seriously.*** ]

so ‘Individual 1’: Trump emerges as a central subject of Mueller probe" is some how factually incorrect or misleading?

Bezo for prez***

Nov 30, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to It means you take the Washington Post seriously.*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: Bezo for prez***

Nov 30, 2018, 10:35 AM

Yeah, they have a real terrible track record.***

Nov 30, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to It means you take the Washington Post seriously.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: I am not entirely sure what this means

Nov 30, 2018, 10:24 AM

Re: I am not entirely sure what this means

Nov 30, 2018, 7:32 PM

I agree, Trump has the mentality and cognitive abilities of a kindergartener.

Replies: 43
| visibility 721
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic