Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all Trump haters: The Mueller investigation has
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

For all Trump haters: The Mueller investigation has

Jan 25, 2019, 12:45 PM

found very few crimes that weren't committed before the investigation began. Almost all indictments and charges filed were for crimes committed AS A RESULT OF THE INVESTIGATION!

Mueller owes it to the American people to report NOW if he has anything at all that would indict Trump!

CROOKED COMEY started all this chit by going public with innuendos about Russian collusion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We know it's driving you crazy, but you're just going to

Jan 25, 2019, 12:49 PM

have to wait another 6-9 months to a year on this investigation to be completed. It just takes awhile when everyone is lying, concealing evidence, threatening witnesses and obstructing justice.

Patience Grasshooper. These things take time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOT Driving me crazy, its actually entertaining

Jan 25, 2019, 12:51 PM

watching all you libs get your rocks off each week just to see it drag on because there's nothing there....

I am glad you are enjoying it almost as much as we liberals

Jan 25, 2019, 12:55 PM

are. That means you must REALLY be enjoying it. Watching the rule of law play out is really interesting. From an historical perspective, we've not seen anything like this. Nixon's crimes pale in comparison.

We all have a front row seat to history being made. You gotta love that.

Good times. Good times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am glad you are enjoying it almost as much as we liberals

Jan 25, 2019, 1:28 PM

You're basically the political equivalent to Muschamp saying "Game On", you realize that? Right?

Jan 25, 2019, 1:38 PM

This makes no sense. He's right. We're witnessing the most expansive presidential scandal in history play out.

LOL...what a drip...***

Jan 25, 2019, 2:08 PM

A quick Google search shows that to be not true at all

Jan 25, 2019, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I am glad you are enjoying it almost as much as we liberals ]

Trump - 37 Indictments

Watergate---69 people charged. Not indicted, charged.

Whiskey Ring (Grant) - 238 indictments, 110 convictions

Teapot Dome - A freaking cabinet member went to jail

So yes, I know arousal level is currently at 12, but it has a ways to go to be the most expansive scandal. If you meant "most expansive investigation", I'd probably have to agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A quick Google search shows that to be not true at all

Jan 25, 2019, 2:50 PM

Good Googling. Whiskey Ring did not directly involve the President initially. Only after he attempted to interfere in the investigation did he get sucked in. Public perception certainly was that he was a crook and it contributed to him being ousted in 1877. But it was basically one thing. It was embezzlement of tax money.

Teapot Dome is the grandaddy of presidential scandals, but it only got going after the President was dead.

Watergate finally got us a President connected to criminal wrongdoing by investigators while in office. But it was almost entirely about a single crime and a cover up.

We're at the very beginning of this. We have a sitting President who has been called a co-conspirator on the record. It involves top advisers and even the President's family. It's been expected for a while that the President's own son will be indicted. On top of that, we have the President credibly accused of failing to divest from business conflicts and using the office to profit. This is entirely new territory. Anyone who doesn't realize that would be surprised to realize how sunny it is outside Trump's ###.

Jan 28, 2019, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I am glad you are enjoying it almost as much as we liberals ]

If your fake outrage wasnt so adorable you might have been more convincing.

Jan 28, 2019, 11:31 AM

Outrage? Did you respond to the wrong post?

Re: NOT Driving me crazy, its actually entertaining

Jan 25, 2019, 2:12 PM [ in reply to NOT Driving me crazy, its actually entertaining ]

I will agree that it usually doesn't add up to much. That said, it could hurt Trump in 2020. That's a positive for Dems.

I could see it going that way, but I could also see

Jan 25, 2019, 2:19 PM

it getting his supporters fired up more to turn out.

Take Clinton for example. I bet he would have won in a landslide in 2000 if he could have run again, just based on his supporters being so pizzzzed off by Starr that they turned out.

I dunno though though, could go either way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could see it going that way, but I could also see

Jan 25, 2019, 2:22 PM

I think all of trump supporters will turn out. I think that level is maxed out though. I think it just depends how the turnout overall is. If it's low than Trump wins. If it's extremely high that means Trump is done.

How many people turned out in 2008 because they

Jan 25, 2019, 2:29 PM

hated Bush and wanted a Dem? How many people turned out in 2016 because they hated Obama and wanted a Pub? I think you can take those numbers and double them for voting against Trump. A lot of people think he wins running away with it in 2020. I actually don't see how, unless they seriously step on their richards before then.

Who is "a lot of people"?

Jan 25, 2019, 11:16 PM

He's getting weaker by the day.

I bet Buzzfeed has a "news" article about it that tells all

Jan 25, 2019, 1:26 PM [ in reply to We know it's driving you crazy, but you're just going to ]

Why wait for the official report to come out?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For all Trump haters: The Mueller investigation has

Jan 25, 2019, 12:49 PM

I wish Mueller would speed it up too, but we really don't know what he has going on. On a different note, Trump sure surrounded himself with some shady people.

It takes shady people to make it to the top of a shady

Jan 25, 2019, 12:52 PM

profession.

It's why I told my kids I'd disown em if them every became President. It would be confirmation to me that they'd done some immoral, unconscionable, world-class scumbag things to get there.

Re: It takes shady people to make it to the top of a shady

Jan 25, 2019, 12:53 PM

Good point.

Uh, Jerry Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, GHWB,

Jan 25, 2019, 1:41 PM [ in reply to It takes shady people to make it to the top of a shady ]

Dubya, and Obama say you can’t be talking about us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not saying some, if not most of them were decent guys,

Jan 25, 2019, 1:42 PM

but you're high if you don't think they had people doing the dirty work behind the scenes that had to be done and would make a preacher blush.

Jimmuh might be the only one I give a total pass to.

And GHWB? You serious?

Jan 25, 2019, 1:44 PM

A CIA director who didn't have massive connections and use them judiciously?

I'd think W had less of a chance of doing seedy crap than Daddy did.

I don’t know of any illegal stuff he did. He did hire

Jan 25, 2019, 1:49 PM

Lee Atwater though so there’s that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the thang......we wouldn't know.

Jan 25, 2019, 1:57 PM

And I'll fully admit to it being speculation on my part.

I'm just saying though. I've seen what grown men will do just to get a VP position in a moderately successful business. This is the most powerful position in the world. You could be the nicest guy in the world wanting to get to the office, but around every corner there's a cutthroat sumbich just waiting to take your legs out. There's no way you can overcome all those people without getting cutthroat yourself when needed.

All along in this instance I've said that I don't believe there was Russian collusion (and I still don't), but with the absolute breadth and scope that Mueller was given to operate, there was no way he didn't find things. Similarly, Starr worked on Bill till he found something.

I think an Independent Council, given the same charge and leeway to operate, investigating any of the Presidents we are talking about, would find illegal things that embarrass the country. I hate saying that about my boy Ronnie (RIP), but I'd be lying if I said I didn't believe it.

I just think the “all politicians are shady” thing is way

Jan 25, 2019, 1:52 PM [ in reply to I'm not saying some, if not most of them were decent guys, ]

overstated. I think they all have to lie at times but so does just about every powerful person in any profession.

To assume that most, or even some of them, are in it

Jan 25, 2019, 2:02 PM

simply for magnanimous philanthropic calls to public service is to ignore reality, IMHO.

Think about how much the average person tries to duck out of the most basic elected public service---most people would rather lose a digit than serve on a simple HOA board. In big league politics, we're talking about that kind of volunteerism x 100000.

Yet these people sign up for the gig year, after year, after year. Every election cycle they lose every bit of privacy, have nasty allegations made towards them, and have to travel the state/country/district making the same idle talk with the same boring strangers. There's ZERO attractive about that.

So why make a career out of it? Are they all masochists? No, it's because the perks outweigh the negatives, and power is addictive. If you ask me who the "good ones" are, show me one who left their position with a lower net worth than they entered with, and I'll probably agree with you.

Re: Uh, Jerry Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, GHWB,

Jan 25, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Uh, Jerry Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, GHWB, ]

Reagan had that Iran Contra stuff.

Reagan had what Trump didn't.

Jan 25, 2019, 2:04 PM

Loyal fall guys (North) and the good sense or the good council to keep enough distance from them for plausible deniability. Trump's ego won't let him delegate enough to do that.

Jan 25, 2019, 1:14 PM

"Are cover ups or lying under oath even really crimes?" - Richard Milhouse Nixon

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2019, 1:35 PM

Mueller has called Trump a co-conspirator. How much more do you want? You want a final report before he's done?

Link?

Jan 25, 2019, 2:10 PM

right....

Re: Link?

Jan 25, 2019, 3:03 PM

I would like to see that link as well.

Jan 25, 2019, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Link? ]

I'll look for it when I'm not in a car, but Cohen's court statements, which were published for the record, declared that he acted illegally at the direction of Trump.

For Trump to not be a co-conspirator, you have to believe two things. 1) Mueller would give a plea deal based on bad testimony that didn't match his investigation and 2) he would allow that to be published.

I know Trump supporters are used to that level of mental gymnastics, but it doesn't work that way in the real world.

Jan 25, 2019, 3:16 PM

Did Mueller say Trump was one though?

Jan 25, 2019, 3:19 PM

Not directly. Bad wording on my part. But he allowed it to be said and connected to his investigation.

There's zero chance he'd have allowed Cohen to give that testimony if he wasn't targeting Trump with those charges. Absolute zero.

LOLLERS. Why does he owe it to the American people

Jan 25, 2019, 1:46 PM

to report now? Is there some kind of Super Bowl deadline going on I don’t know about?

So basically: they only found crimes once they

Jan 25, 2019, 2:20 PM

started investigating?

I think he meant obstruction of justice during investigation***

Jan 25, 2019, 2:57 PM

Re: I think he meant obstruction of justice during investigation***

Jan 25, 2019, 6:52 PM

It's only natural that they don't want anyone to find out how innocent they are.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just so I understand your argument.

Jan 25, 2019, 2:24 PM

Are you saying that because the law-breaking happened once the investigation began, it's bad to punish the lawbreakers?

Oh.

Um. Just one more question. Why are they breaking the law in the investigation if there's nothing to hide?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

That's a fair question. Similarly,

Jan 25, 2019, 2:30 PM

why would Stone be begging for Russian hack info from Wikileaks if they were colluding directly with the Russians?

Furthermore, why would a seven foot wookie wanna live on Endor?

Ah ha! The Chewbacca defense!

Jan 25, 2019, 3:01 PM

I knew it.

Chewie was actually from Kashyyyk and Mueller is going to prove that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jan 28, 2019, 1:15 PM

Have you asked yourself why so many of Trumps people have lied to the investigation?

Also, do you think those people shouldn't be charged?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic