Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I always say, the best we can do is the best we can do.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 230

I always say, the best we can do is the best we can do.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:23 PM

It would be great if significant evidence were uncovered about the Kavanaugh accusations that either vindicated him or condemned him. But, it's probably just not likely to happen.

I don't believe we should hold things against people unless we know they are true, or are at least reasonably sure. This is what the presumption of innocence is about, and it has been the foundation of justice since there was such thing as justice.

So, a vote to confirm should not be a vote to say that Dr. Ford is a liar, or that we know the assault never happened. It should be a vote that says, this is the best we can do. We believe we have a good Justice here, and we just don't know what we don't know.

Unfortunately, many people on both "sides", led by the talking heads on TV, will make this vote a referendum on Dr. Ford's integrity. I feel sick reading about her description of the events, and wish that on no one. With my apologies to her and to survivors of sexual assault everywhere, maybe this is just the best we can do. May we all double our diligence toward every possible preventive measure for sexual assault, so that these situations may be eliminated altogether.

Finally, Mr. Kavanaugh could be guilty of this crime. And maybe he'll get away with it. He will answer to God for that, and he alone. The rest of us will answer for what we did with what we knew.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it boils down to

Sep 27, 2018, 1:25 PM

Are you willing to destroy a guys life based off of zero evidence?

We'll find out soon

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it boils down to

Sep 27, 2018, 1:27 PM

Does a "no vote" really destroy his life? He doesn't go to jail based on the result of this, he simply doesn't become a Supreme Court Justice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, ok

Sep 27, 2018, 1:29 PM

he comes within 1 inch of his dream, all the while half the country will think he's a rapistt, his family has been shamed, and he's had death threats against him.

But he aint gonna die, your right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you feel about the death penalty?

Sep 27, 2018, 1:33 PM

We got people being exonerated by DNA evidence after being convicted on eye witness testimony and narrowly avoiding death. It's safe to assume we put some innocent people to death over the years. But at least those guys only spent years in jail. Imagine the outrage if they had lost a cushy promotion as a result of the wrongful convictions.

THAT would be life-ruining!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol, ok

Sep 27, 2018, 1:34 PM [ in reply to lol, ok ]

He has been in the public eye since the nomination. He choose to accept that nomination and all the publicity that comes along with it, good or bad.

50% of the country already hated him because he was nominated by Trump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

destroy a guy's life?

Sep 27, 2018, 1:30 PM [ in reply to it boils down to ]

They can refuse to move him to SC and still leave him on the appellate court. I'm not sure that will destroy his life.

FYI, you guys should all head down to the local courthouse and see what kind of skimpy evidence they use to convict people of crimes and send them to prison all day long.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it boils down to

Sep 27, 2018, 1:31 PM [ in reply to it boils down to ]

"Evidence" doesn't mean what you think it means.

I think the word you want is "proof." Those aren't even close to the same thing. You can have a mountain of evidence with no proof.

I think that's a little bit of hyperbole.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:34 PM [ in reply to it boils down to ]

But I agree with the general premise. Him not getting a spot on the SCOTUS is not the same as "ruining his life," to me. If he were convicted of a crime, different story.

And if by "ruining his life," you mean just the stigma...that is there whether he gets SCOTUS or not. That's just our world, sad to say.

yes, i think you all know what i meant. not life or death

Sep 27, 2018, 1:39 PM

but say you were innocent and the entire country was feed info that you were a rapist.

I'd say you thought your life was ruined. Eswpecially you.

I can't say how I would react to that.***

Sep 27, 2018, 1:42 PM

Re: yes, i think you all know what i meant. not life or death

Sep 27, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to yes, i think you all know what i meant. not life or death ]

IF, and that's a big IF, I was accused of this, I would want a full investigation conducted to clear my name because I would be confident the allegation is false.

Re: yes, i think you all know what i meant. not life or death

Sep 27, 2018, 2:49 PM [ in reply to yes, i think you all know what i meant. not life or death ]

Maybe. But what if it's true?

What if Ford is telling the truth and Kavanaugh is lying?

Kavanaugh has everything to gain by lying.

Ford has nothing to gain and everything to lose by telling the truth.

You have to remember that Ford contacted her Congressman to tell her story even before Kavanaugh was nominated from the list of potential nominees.

She also told her husband, her therapist and a couple of friends about the incident back in 2012 and 2013.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were you this upset when Merrick Garland's life was

Sep 27, 2018, 1:45 PM [ in reply to it boils down to ]

destroyed?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Were you this upset when Merrick Garland's life was

Sep 27, 2018, 1:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it's that hard to follow. He isn't a

Sep 27, 2018, 2:02 PM

SC judge, hence, his life is destroyed. Is that not how it works?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not this dense***

Sep 27, 2018, 2:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe somebody gave this a point

Sep 27, 2018, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Were you this upset when Merrick Garland's life was ]

Of course, that same person TD's every post that isn't liberal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never understood whining about a thumbs down.

Sep 27, 2018, 3:08 PM

And then to be totally wrong about it is quite funny.

Facts were never your forte.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL at you not being the one doing it

Sep 27, 2018, 3:42 PM

You're the craziest old coot in here, for sure. It's also ironic that the post you're responding to was in response to somebody else getting their facts completely wrong.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Replies: 19
| visibility 230
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic