Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leon Bridges Asheville show review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Leon Bridges Asheville show review

Apr 19, 2019, 7:31 PM

nice quick trip. Outlet stores, Thirsty Monk and 131 Main at Biltmore thing, Early Girl, downtown, Mast, Burial, Pack's Tavern (worst meal o the trip, but OK), concert, Whole Foods and Trader Joes on the way out of town, nice lunches in Abingdon both ways. Free hotel shuttle after the show was awesome, especially after walking all day.

So I was expecting a fairly mellow, Sam Cooke-ish performance, like his youtubes. Dude's changed up his live show. Danced like Michael Jackson, up-tempo- downright intense for 80% of show, nice band. Terrible sound mix, very muddy-even Mrs No noticed. Glad we got great seats on mezzanine level, floor stood up/danced whole show. All in all a great show, great trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-33GF39wfT4

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sounds like a great time to me! *****

Apr 19, 2019, 7:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here’s my dilemma with your review...

Apr 20, 2019, 1:10 AM

I actually love his mellow. I mean it’s what moves my soul. Has he abandoned it now? Am I overthinking it?

Prolly overthinking it.

I know it’s overplayed now but this is kind of what I expect from him every time now...

https://youtu.be/0Hegd4xNfRo

(Now that I hear myself typing it out. It’s really not fair to expect what I do.)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. I like his original style much better.

Apr 20, 2019, 7:36 AM

I guess somebody told him his live shows were too boring, I don't know. He did a few ballads, but really only the River was his mellow smooth style. He did it last, just his guitar and a lil keyboard sprinkled in (the keyboard was unnecessary and distracting). The skinny girl stood up front with him, and the rest of the band stood behind them and sang backup on the chorus. It was the best song of the night.

Not that the rest of it was bad; he actually looked talented at busting dance moves and jumping around the stage, and his uptempo songs were OK. It just wasn't what I expected or preferred.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic