Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Love Clemson,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,363

I Love Clemson,

Apr 20, 2019, 6:50 PM

I love baseball and I love Clemson baseball. I try to listen, watch or check stats for every game for many years. Drove down from IL to Clemson to stand (needed to stand after that drive) and watch a Regional game 9 or 10 years back and drove half the night from IL to get to Omaha in 2010 for their opening game (which ended up being rescheduled for rain).

That being said, I believe the Tigers will get out of this slump and play good ball down the stretch. Now here's the but. To me, it appears there's to many batters swinging for the fences with runners on base and in scoring position. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe it's like a friend said to me about trying to hit 230 yard shots over water to reach a par 5 in two on the golf course. He said don't be a hero and stay within your game. The same can be said for baseball, sometimes the swing needs shortened and the ball put in play on the ground rather than a fly ball out. Stop trying to be the hero and move the runners and drive them in with bunts, singles and doubles. Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: saddis56®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are preaching to the choir here . . .

Apr 20, 2019, 7:18 PM

We continue to leave the majority of our "runners in scoring position" stranded . . .

Game after Game after freaking Game.

We need a breakout game, where everyone hits the ball and crooked numbers are put up several innings!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are preaching to the choir here . . .

Apr 20, 2019, 8:28 PM

Seems like swinging for the fences has infected the game of baseball at every level. Home runs put fannies in the seats, which produces bigger gate receipts, but don't necessarily produce rings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since the players aren't getting paid . . .

Apr 20, 2019, 8:49 PM

to put fannies in the seats, we should do what needs to be done to win!

Remember: "The fun is in the winning"!!!!!!!

Let's go gave some fun!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Love Clemson,

Apr 20, 2019, 9:32 PM

So you’re saying thay aren’t coached properly.

Apr 20, 2019, 11:12 PM

From what I see on TV - it seems most CU batters are not exactly swinging for the fences, but more like swinging late most times - almost any kind of pitch. Are their eyes not slowing the pitches? Are they just not seeing the ball period? Maybe too tense? I'm not sure. It doesn't appear like swinging early - seems late more often than not.
Or - lots of times - just chasing pure junk. That would seem to indicate not seeing the ball or tense & desperate.

What do the experts say?

Yep, lots of errors and poor situational hitting is our two

Apr 21, 2019, 12:11 AM

big problems. And they must be fixed if we want to win anything of significance.

Apr 21, 2019, 6:57 AM

It is becoming more and more obvious that this guy is not the quality baseball coach we thought he was. Poor fundamentals and decision making all around. Failed miserably at building team moral. Has he lost the team? Not looking good to say the least. I believe he has.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

swinging at everything,notice Ga. waiting & making

Apr 21, 2019, 7:59 AM

us throw strikes & us swinging at everything 5 loses later nothing has changed

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2019, 8:43 AM

I would be the perfect player for this team. Back in my younger days I received praise for my ability to bunt. I was too embarrassed to tell them I was trying to hit away.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2019, 10:07 AM

I know that a big talking point these days is that everybody seems to be swinging for the fences and that extends beyond Clemson. What a lot of people don't understand is that all of the shifts have worked very well to decrease the likelihood of hits on ground balls. I think that it is approaching 1 in 10 these days. Teaching kids to go the other way has become more important and will improve in the coming years, but teaching them to have a swing plane that keeps the ball in the air is a quicker fix for the time being. You still want the young men to stay within themselves, but we should not assume that just because we see more fly balls that all of them are trying to hit it out. I am not trying to say that we do not have issues with our hitting, but they might not be as easy to solve as many think.

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,363
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic