Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Just have to get this off my chest...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I Just have to get this off my chest...

Aug 4, 2018, 6:57 AM

Engaging in clearly immoral and physically or emotionally damaging acts against other people (or even animals for that matter) and you sit by and do nothing, then that speaks volumes about your character, your integrity, your morals and most of all your lack of courage.

I don’t care if you are a football coach or a co-worker in a company or a manager in a business. Evil thrives when good men do nothing.

I harken back to the Penn State situation. Same exact thing. People willfully looking the other way because they don’t want to be the one to upset the Apple cart either because they lack the guts to stand up or they don’t want to mess up their livelihood. But wrong is wrong. There is no gray when it comes to things like sexually abusing people or domestic abuse or pushing illegal drugs.

This interview and the text messages and the photos tell the tale. And why would this woman lie? The thing that really blows me away is Urban’s wife stayed silent too! Another woman for god’s sake! Unbelievable cowards - both of them. And THAT is why I would fire him. He is a gutless weasle of a man! If it were me I would have taken a flame thrower to ole Zach Smith the moment my wife told me about the other wife reaching out. And if you are Urban’s wife and she told Urban and he didn’t act that very week, she should have gone public and divorced his ###!

I get so sick and tired of hearing all this moralizing in our politics and in the media and in the political correctness of corps like ESPN, yet when the rubber meets the road and a person has the opportunity to actually put their money where their mouth is, they turn into a sheep. ENOUGH ALREADY! IT IS NUT CUTT’N TIME!

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-state-football/watch-zach-smiths-ex-wife-opens-domestic-violence-believes-urban-meyer-knew/

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Just have to get this off my chest...

Aug 4, 2018, 7:14 AM

Just like in the Duke Lacrose case. Thoses privileged players were totally guilty. Right?
There are always two sides to a story. I am glad you don’t have to wait on truth to pass judgement. Just like ESPN.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 7:26 AM

Agreed, sounds like hufferbilly doesn’t need two side of the story. He knows for a fact that the text screenshots with “Shelly Meyer” at the top were actually to Shelly Meyer’s phone, and that the photos of abuse were actually from 2015, and not some other time.....who needs due process? Just hang em, am I right!! ??

The problem with all of these people that dislike Meyer is that their opinions are pre determined. They are totally fine with firing him today regardless of what comes out tomorrow. I know if Dabo were in this exact same scenario, (as far as Tnet goes), it would be innocent until proven guilty, and then still innocent in many’s eyes.

People need to calm down and let the smoke clear a little bit. OSU is conducting a very legitimate investigation. They will get the truth, and they won’t hesitate to fire Meyer if it’s the right thing to do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 7:49 AM

I’m for due process, but understand, she has already gone through court and presented this evidence as part of divorce case.

And I am not talking about Urban and Shelly committing a criminal act here. They simply exhibited woeful moral character and lack of courage and if they were in my organization and this was revealed to me that they failed to act, I would fire them. That is all I am saying.

As I said before, evil thrives when good men stand by and do nothing. They should hear his side of the story before deciding, but it better be a good one because as things are being revealed right now, it looks pretty bleak for ole Urban. It increasingly appears to be a situation of Urban and his wife trying to sweep it under the rug in hopes of continued success on the football field, meanwhile, a serial abuser gets to continue his dirty deeds under the cover of darkness.

Sounds a lot like Penn State and Paterno.

Aug 4, 2018, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: I Just have to get this off my chest... ]

Duke Lacrosse case was not even remotely the same. The accuser was of questionable character to start with. Then the whole ‘race’ card got pulled and when that happens my BS meter goes off. And she was looking to cash out. I was actually defending the lacrosse team from being falsely accused.

In this case, the accuser’s character appears to be above board, she has nothing to gain by destroying his livelihood and putting her kids through hell. And there are multiple corroborating witnesses and photos and even the husband admits he choked her. So the chance that she really didn’t tell Urban’s wife back in 2015 is slim to none.

Aug 4, 2018, 7:49 AM

Maybe you should check the evidence again. Apparently Meyer and/ wife reported the incident to Gene Smith the AD and he investigated at the time. Do these facts get ignored? They reported it and yet you are judging and saying they didn’t. At least you should tell the truth by getting your facts straight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 7:57 AM

If that turns out to be true, then I stand corrected. As of this morning, it was my understanding that Urban claims this to be the case, but the investigation needs to confirm it as true.

If true, then the question lands at the feet of Gene. What investigation did they actually conduct and what were the findings and actions taken?

See, something tells me that this will not stand up to the scrutiny that is now going to come full force. Either Urban is painting a pretty picture to essentially say “I did my job, not my problem” and then points the finger of blame at Gene. Let’s see what Gene says in the coming hours and days. Is he ready to take the fall? Either way, Zach appears to be a real dirt bag of a man and if so, he shouldn’t be mentoring kids.

Aug 4, 2018, 8:04 AM

Oh now you see the danger of jumping to judgement.

There is always more to the story. Just wait and see.

So you have no problem taking this coach’s wife at her word

Aug 4, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I Just have to get this off my chest... ]

but you require an investigation to decide if you will believe what Meyer said?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: So you have no problem taking this coach’s wife at her word

Aug 4, 2018, 11:53 AM

I actually don’t have an issue with an investigation to try and prove/confirm Urban acted. My hypothesis is he didn’t because the wife is credible.

I’m not an Urban Meyer fan, but it is unfair to judge when

Aug 4, 2018, 7:47 AM

all of the facts are not known. In every situation like this, there are always three sides to the story. . .his side, her side, and the truth. Granted Urban has admitted that he didn’t respond accurately when when questioned at the Big 10 media days, but we only know what the media has presented at this point.

I don’t believe there is a single one of us that advocates domestic violence and we all agree it shouldn’t be tolerated, but wait until all the facts are in before you pass judgement. There are two pieces that have to play out here, the domestic violence piece and Urban’s ethics. It will all come to light soon.

Chest..

Aug 4, 2018, 7:53 AM

I thought this had something to do with our blogger CHESTY.

Oops..carry on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with this (above)***

Aug 4, 2018, 8:06 AM [ in reply to I’m not an Urban Meyer fan, but it is unfair to judge when ]

Such behavior no longer disqualifies someone for the highest

Aug 4, 2018, 7:55 AM

office in the land. Why would it cost a football coach his job?

Re: Such behavior no longer disqualifies someone for the highest

Aug 4, 2018, 8:04 AM

It is one thing to hire a person knowing all of their faults and immoral character. It is another to hire someone who pretends to be one thing and then turns out to be another. Now, you can re-assess when you find out new info and even if they are of sub-standard character, you can choose to keep them on board. Those are all legit choices.

However, do not be shocked if you lose a lot of support along the way if you decide to cozy up to and reward a person of sub-standard character. That’s all.

Kind of like free speech. Everyone is free to say whatever they want. But understand, everyone else is free to judge what they say and admonish, fire or otherwise boycott them for what they said.

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

Aug 4, 2018, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Such behavior no longer disqualifies someone for the highest ]

I don’t recall any one accusing the leader of the land of beating a female maybe you know about it so tell all of us Bill

Aug 4, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Such behavior no longer disqualifies someone for the highest ]

### are you talking about

I know where you can find the real truth

Aug 4, 2018, 9:41 AM

Ask the kids,

Re: I know where you can find the real truth

Aug 4, 2018, 11:51 AM

The kids are not going to tell us if Urban acted on this or if Gene followed through, etc... that is what is in question here

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic