Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Guess The Only Way We Could Make Top 2 of S&P Ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,038

I Guess The Only Way We Could Make Top 2 of S&P Ranking

Feb 11, 2019, 2:59 PM

Would be to have a Mongoloid coach that runs fake punts and fake FGs with no chance of working. S&P must stand for "Stupid and Pathetic"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, after running the numbers a few weeks ago...

Feb 11, 2019, 3:05 PM

I realized that Bama beat their opponent by a much larger margin than Clemson beat ours. If one takes that into consideration along with the 44-16 beatdown it would take little extrapolation to conclude that Clemson's opponents are much stronger than Bama's.

TL;DR Bama beat a ton of overrated punks then faced off against a team that beat better opponents and Bama took one right up the pootchute.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Guess The Only Way We Could Make Top 2 of S&P Ranking

Feb 11, 2019, 3:20 PM

No, it'd be by recruiting in the top 3 in the nation...simple as that. The pre-season S&P doesn't look at results of the previous year heavily...they look at 2-5 years. Keep in mind, that is not a poll as much as it is a ranking based on various statistical factors...it's just a statistical basis of where the S&P starts.

Returning production, they won't be weight high on a defensive line that starter wise is getting overhauled. Sure, to us, the reloading guys had quality snaps last year, but they didn't get the most and weren't more dominant than the actual starters lost. S&P looks at starting losses higher than depth. Offensively, there is some production loss...Hunter Renfrow being a key piece (also some with Adam Choice, Trevion Thompson, Milan Richard, Garrett Williams, Mitch Hyatt). Offensively, they have our returning production at 77% on offense (26th ranked), and defense at 52% (100th ranked).

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/31/18204093/2019-ncaa-football-returning-starters-experience

The only thing I question is why in the S&P rankings do they show Alabama and Georgia higher in returning production, but on the above, they show them lower.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of Connelly's 'adjustment factors' that go non-detailed.***

Feb 11, 2019, 5:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,038
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic