Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Bama had 0 penalties against Miss St????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I Bama had 0 penalties against Miss St????

Nov 13, 2018, 1:34 PM

Just saw that Bama had zero penalties. It is real hard to beat the refs and Bama when the reply officials are all in Birmingham.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Bama had 0 penalties against Miss St????

Nov 13, 2018, 1:54 PM

I vote we move the ACC HQs to Anderson, SC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction: Bama had 0 penalties CALLED against Miss St.

Nov 13, 2018, 2:05 PM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

SEC football refs at Alabama are like ACC basketball refs at

Nov 13, 2018, 2:22 PM

UNCheat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 2:33 PM

If its worth anything, both Alabama and the officiating crew are being investigated. Not only for the Mississippi State game, but also for the suspicious circumstances surrounding LSU linebacker Devin White's ejection.

Nov 13, 2018, 2:38 PM

Do you have a link to anything with a hint of official credibility or is this just message board speak?

Who is investigating? SEC, NCAA, FBI???

Nov 13, 2018, 2:52 PM

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-sec-reviewing-officiating-in-alabama-mississippi-state-game/

So I found this. It seems self-serving to have the conference investigating the officials when the thought is that the conference is behind the shenanigans in directing the officials to make sure that Alabama is given an advantage.

Nov 13, 2018, 3:03 PM

Just took a page from UNCheat on cheating. Following ole swoffies rules.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I Bama had 0 penalties against Miss St???? ]

I saw that link and I do k ow they say that they review all games. However, that sounds like a way to make less noise.

I remember the SEC was the first conference to ban coaches from criticizing refs. Now all conferences do. It just see.s funny one week after Carville said the SEC refs are crooked that the Miss State game is a farce at least with the non fumble and lay TD negating phantom calls.

Nov 13, 2018, 3:37 PM

THIS

Yeah, kinda like Jim Comey and Bob Mueller...

Nov 13, 2018, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I Bama had 0 penalties against Miss St???? ]

running any investigation involving the beltway swamp.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand the controversy

Nov 13, 2018, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I Bama had 0 penalties against Miss St???? ]

Under the rule, that was targeting. Sucks it happens to your best defender, but you can't hit a defenseless receiver high. Everyone knows this.

Bama had to play a perfect game to beat Miss State ?

Nov 13, 2018, 3:38 PM

If that's the case, Clemson will destroy them.

Nov 13, 2018, 3:39 PM

how is it even possible.

Re: Bama never, neverever, neverfor the ever...

Nov 13, 2018, 3:56 PM

breaks an NCAA rule. How dare you impeach Bama's spotless integrity!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 3:57 PM

Easy to have 0 penalties when Nick Saban decides if they're penalties or not.

I guess conspiracy theories are more fun

Nov 13, 2018, 4:00 PM

Than the reality that Bama is very disciplined and doesn't usually commit penalties.

Re: I guess conspiracy theories are more fun

Nov 13, 2018, 4:18 PM

I guess I imagined the holding calls I saw by Bamas OL. Why not just get rid of holding then. It looks like the SEC does not call holding for Bama. Either enforce it or get rid of it.

I don't get why refs will call a borderline holding penalty late in a decided game but not when the game is on tje line and there is holding on virtually any play.

^^^either doesn't know the rules or doesn't watch Bama***

Nov 13, 2018, 4:59 PM [ in reply to I guess conspiracy theories are more fun ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^either doesn't know the rules or doesn't watch Bama***

Nov 13, 2018, 5:16 PM

You are saying you can watch the whole bama game and not see any holding by their OL?

We need a sarcasm font.

Nov 14, 2018, 11:05 AM

I was being sarcastic, brother. It's obvious that the SEC is protecting their brand.

Re: ^^^either doesn't know the rules or doesn't watch Bama***

Nov 14, 2018, 12:06 AM [ in reply to ^^^either doesn't know the rules or doesn't watch Bama*** ]

Let me clarify my original point. I am not trying to pull the LSU conspiracy theories as they always lose to Bama and need something to justify all their losses. I believe it is 8 in a row now.

I basically found it a bit ironic that the week after Game Day was going after the targeting rule and then had an LSU alum basically say how crooked the SEC officials were that the Miss St @ Bama game then happened which I personally feel is one of the worst officiated games of the year on big momentum changing moments. I do not think it is intentional but I do wonder about the reply and HQs being in Birmingham if they do favor Bama even if not at a conscious level. They also hear the same eSECpn hype and every year the Bama team is the new greatest team on earth.

I also do feel like that less holding calls are being called while targeting is being called even if the receiver or db lowers there head and initiates head to head contact.

As for the holding part and us. I submit that you just watch the game film against Texas aTm as our DL was being held blatantly right in front of our ACC ref crew.

The only view I have that could be a conspiracy is that in certain conferences if they had one team that is going to get into the BCS game or now the CFP, I believe certain conferences due favor one team and can call penalties on the team they don't want to win at big points in the game. Most of the time the flags that are controversial are thrown late.

Dean

Agreed....Except several games ago when a Bama DL was

Nov 13, 2018, 5:43 PM [ in reply to I guess conspiracy theories are more fun ]

clearly punching a guy on the ground several times, and nothing happened. Oh wait Saban "handled it internally" the next game.

Nov 13, 2018, 6:54 PM [ in reply to I guess conspiracy theories are more fun ]

To be fair, MSU didn't even commit a penalty on one play and still got flagged for one.

No one goes an entire game without committing a penalty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 13, 2018, 7:08 PM

Yep, the phantom block in the back call was complete garbage. Perhaps the notion of “reviewable” or “non-reviewable” calls should be reviewed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 12:12 AM

JohnsonRod said:

Yep, the phantom block in the back call was complete garbage. Perhaps the notion of “reviewable” or “non-reviewable” calls should be reviewed.

The problem is that it takes 10 minutes for the replay booth to overturn a play that is obvious after 15 seconds of replays. How long would it take them to review these completely subjective reviews and what plays would they review. I think they need to concentrate on speeding up replays. I would like to get them to get the calls right but if you gave the replay booth a chance to review everything that happened on a play then TDs might be nullified on a questionable block somewhere else on the play.

I would almost be more inclined to do away with replay than to go to something that slows the game down even more,

Dean

They just did, so***

Nov 14, 2018, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I guess conspiracy theories are more fun ]

Did the refs help us against BC? We had 2 penalties

Nov 13, 2018, 7:02 PM

for only 15 yards.

I hate ref conspiracy theories with no substance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, this has "substance". Still hate it?***

Nov 14, 2018, 3:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

0 substance has been demonstrated

Nov 14, 2018, 8:30 AM

Seems to be a right wing favorite

Nov 14, 2018, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Did the refs help us against BC? We had 2 penalties ]

Result we don't like? CONSPIRACY! SHENANIGANS!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic