Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter Renfrow vs. UGA 5* WRs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Hunter Renfrow vs. UGA 5* WRs

Jan 27, 2019, 1:16 PM

In 2014, Hunter Renfrow walked on at Clemson. He was a 2 star athlete. In 2015 and 2016, UGA brought in a pair of 5 star WRs: Terry Goodwin and Demetris Robinson.

As we approach the 2019 NFL Draft, all three of these young men are eligible for the draft; but only 1 of them was trained for 5 years at WRU.

Here's what WalterFootball.com thinks about their relative draft position:

2-star Walk-on Big Game Hunter: Round 4-6
5-star Bench-Warmer Robertson: Round 6 - UDFA
5-star 2nd Stringer Godwin: Round 7 - UDFA

All I'm saying is there might be something to this whole WRU thing. When a walk-on has a better draft projection that TWO 5 stars from UGA, it's no wonder recruits want to come to Clemson to go to the NFL.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunter Renfrow vs. UGA 5* WRs

Jan 27, 2019, 1:18 PM

UGA-5* graveyard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stone age offensive development

Jan 27, 2019, 2:15 PM

Where supermutt at with his 5 star locks?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also speaks Volumes About Rankings Inaccuracy!

Jan 27, 2019, 1:27 PM

I can't say it enough, "the stars by a kids name will get a coach fired quicker than anything"! If the coach is supposed to have a "really talented team" based on star rankings; they had better win! If a coach wins more than they lose with hardly any highly ranked players; he is a genius. And people can't wait to outfit that coach with 4 and 5 star talent.
The problem is: "the recruiting services in my opinion put high grades on kids sometimes that don't deserve it"! They undervalue playmakers who don't go to camp(some kids have to work to support their families) or who are not "ideal height/weight" right then. A 5 star is supposed to have a college game already; day one. Dexter Lawrence was a true 5 star. Justyn Ross another example. Some of these kids get a better ranking than they deserve b/c they went to some traditional H.S. powerhouse or private school where they accumulate talent.
Hunter Renfrow is going to be a beast in the NFL! The UGA wr's who were over-hyped and overrated will be out of the league in 2 years. They reached physical maturity sooner is all and dominated H.S. but stopped developing!

Go Tigers! Hunter is going to be a nice addition to the legend that is building of: WRU!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic