Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hump day can officially go hump itself.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Hump day can officially go hump itself.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:16 PM

I'm all "hey, I'll make a quick run to Costco this afternoon all by mahself, mebbe only spend $300 instead of $500 if 19She and the kids were with me." Weird sound from right front wheel as I get off the interstate, but no pulling or anything. Get to Costco parking lot, and see that tire is flat as #### with a quarter-size hole in the sidewall. Low-profile tires don't pull much when flat, apparently. Use shitty jack to barely get enough clearance to pull wheel off (complete with barely functioning lug lock), and discover that donut is flat. Double ####.

Call USAA roadside, and apparently I don't have the supreme coverage so had to pay $96 to have car towed 15 miles (which is actually pretty reasonable, could have been $396 easily). A buddy asked "doesn't Costco do tires?" DON'T MAKE ME SECOND GUESS MY DECISION, YOU DICK. They do tires, but you gotta buy them since they're not a repair shop. Firestone will replace it for free since I have the road hazard insurance, so I guess it's roughly a wash. Sitting at Firestone meow, so TBD whether I'm about to be bent over.

Stay by your computers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Low profiles?

Jan 20, 2016, 3:18 PM

ON A PT CRUISER?!?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is possible you can see my work from where you are.***

Jan 20, 2016, 3:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent narrative. Well written. Had the reader on pins

Jan 20, 2016, 3:19 PM

and proverbial needles. 7/10 would read again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Psalms better than Proverbs.***

Jan 20, 2016, 3:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...

Jan 20, 2016, 3:29 PM

Psalmodial pins and needles then.

Some time, in your family's past, someone completely and

Jan 20, 2016, 3:20 PM

totally effed over someone connected to the tire industry who also dabbled in black magic. You have way too much bad luck with flat tires for it to be coincidence....this is fully into voodoo curse or karma territory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oddly enough, my flats only seem to coincide with you

Jan 20, 2016, 3:27 PM

being active on Tigernet. That multiple year break you took? No flats. I mean, probably. We'll assume that's true for the purposes of this narrative. I'm not encouraging you to take another break or anything. I'm just saying. Maybe when my next road trip gets put on the calendar, I let you know, and you can be, you know..."busy" that day or week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember that time TOTE1 got banned from TNet

Jan 20, 2016, 4:03 PM

and we almost won the Natty?

Should have gotten AAA. That free towing pays for itself

Jan 20, 2016, 3:21 PM

after a couple of times.

ROH

Riddle me this Batman

Jan 20, 2016, 3:22 PM

If I'm paying to be a member of AAA, am I not essentially paying for towing?

You just have to make sure you get towed more per

Jan 20, 2016, 3:24 PM

year than the membership cost.

You are, but they'll also come get your keys out of

Jan 20, 2016, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Riddle me this Batman ]

your car, come jump you off if the battery dies, etc. all included in your membership fee. You may have years you don't use it much, but you may have years where you use it a lot. I did not use mine a single time in 2015, but in 2014 I had a flat that I couldn't get off because they'd over tightened it with a torque wrench, I had my battery die while my car was parked at the airport, and the alternator died on me randomly one day and I needed a tow.

ROH

Re: Should have gotten AAA. That free towing pays for itself

Jan 20, 2016, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Should have gotten AAA. That free towing pays for itself ]

That free towing pays for itself by avoiding one DUI. AND you don't have to go pick up your car in the morning...like a bauce

I did that once.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:37 PM

Come tow the car..it's cheaper. Since car is busted, I'm getting drunk. COME GET ME AT 12:00.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pics of hot milfs in waiting room not loading ***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh wow. I guess poor people don't have real time tire

pressure monitoring on their vehicles. Kind of surprising. Must be tough man, good luck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, sous vide cookers and green eggs aren't just

Jan 20, 2016, 3:23 PM

going to pay for themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of which, and not to deflect from 19B's tire misfortune

Jan 20, 2016, 3:29 PM

and gloat about my never ending collection of stuff I don't really need, BUT......I bought an Akorn last week. Cooked pork chops the first night, there was a learning curve. However, I adapted like a maphuckin' chameleon and cooked a boston butt for 9.5 hours Saturday, only making minimal adjustments about every hour. Held temp between 245-270 no problem, AND only used half of the lump charcoal I put in there. Snuffed out the coals no problem, and can get it up to temp in about 10-15 minutes using the little cotton ball method.

Color me impressed, I'm going to cook on this thing every night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes sir.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:33 PM

I feel like I'm comfortable enough now to control the temps for a longer, more involved cook. Joonyer called last night and said he wanted to a rack of feral hog ribs he has this weekend if I'm unable to go to Charleston.

I'm going to Charleston this weekend, too.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:38 PM

You going to Awendaw Green?

Planning to go to the Pour House to see Rev. Horton Heat

Jan 20, 2016, 3:45 PM

Unknown Hinson, Nashville Pu$$y, and the Red Elvises. You going to the oyster thing at Awendaw? Cravin' Melon and Danielle Howle are playing that, probably be a pretty good time too.

yep..some friends are going.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:49 PM

Danielle Howle hopefully won't play long and will just gett back outside and cook pizza's like she should be doing.

Word is Hank Futch and another dude from the Blue dogs will be there too.

I just looked, that thing ends at 6:00 and the Pour House

Jan 20, 2016, 3:56 PM

show starts at 7:00. If I get going early enough Saturday, I could conceivably do both. Of course, if Mom In Law is still in the hospital, I might be SOL for going anywhere.

Make it if you can.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:57 PM

Should be a good time. I'll be the drunk guy dressed like everyone else there.

Seersucker shorts and Vineyard Vines polo?***

Jan 20, 2016, 3:58 PM

LL bean duck boots, Drake pants, Carhart jacket

Jan 20, 2016, 4:02 PM

Columbia shirt.

Its going to be raining.

I'd like to make a suggestion, if you'll allow me to.

Jan 20, 2016, 4:55 PM

Have you ever considered a full-body Tommie Copper jumpsuit?

Wait, what's this about oysters and Cravin' Melon?***

Jan 20, 2016, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Planning to go to the Pour House to see Rev. Horton Heat ]

Awendaw Green Saturday.

Jan 20, 2016, 4:03 PM

Buying tickets right now.

http://www.awendawgreen.com/music-and-oysters-for-wildlife-january-23.html

Sounds fun, except that the high is around 43 on

Jan 20, 2016, 4:09 PM

Saturday, with a decent chance of rain. That could make it suck at least 60%. Sounds like fun otherwise.

additionally, I see no guarantees posted that Cravin Melon

Jan 20, 2016, 4:21 PM

won't play "Sweet Tea".

That song sucks so bad it sends me into complete aero-rage.

They played at the Rusty Rudder last summer

Jan 20, 2016, 4:24 PM

and we went up there. They played most of Doug Jones stuff. I don't remember hearing sweet tea.

Butt..yeah.

Woah, woah, just woah hold it.

Jan 20, 2016, 4:26 PM [ in reply to additionally, I see no guarantees posted that Cravin Melon ]

Nobody really knows where complete Aero-rages settles.

They have tents and heaters.

Jan 20, 2016, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Sounds fun, except that the high is around 43 on ]

Plus, I'll be out of my mind ship faced on Palmetto Moonshine. So I plan on my own private vomit fest featuring partially digested oysters and the obligatory hamburger I'll eat when I get really hammered.

I LIKE TO SEE A MAN PRACTICE FOR MAJOR EVENTS.

Jan 20, 2016, 4:57 PM

You'll do well at VomitFest, I believe.

I consider it training

Jan 20, 2016, 9:35 PM

CAN'T RUN A MARATHON WITHOUT TRAINING FOR IT

Do you have a dual probe wireless thermometer?

Jan 20, 2016, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Yes sir. ]

Cause if you don't, it will change your life. I didn't have to open the grill once to check on how things were going.

Nope. I need to up my accessories game for sure.***

Jan 20, 2016, 3:56 PM

Niiiiiice..........thanks for the 411. You just added to my

Jan 20, 2016, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Speaking of which, and not to deflect from 19B's tire misfortune ]

extensive database of research that indicates that there's no good reason not to buy one of these. I'm just waiting until spring because it'll get minimal use till March or April.

Let me also add, the 20 lb bag of lump charcoal I purchased at Academy

Jan 20, 2016, 3:44 PM

was roughly half of the price of the 2 pack of ~14 pound Kingsford that I typically get.

Ohh, and also, don't just buy the first one you see. I looked at one that looked like it had been assembled by drunk 13 year old girls. Upon inquiring about the availability of another one, they said they had one that had some scratches in the back. BOOM, 15% discount on scratch and dent.

And that right there is how you afford real time tire pressure monitoring, monica's.

Well then, off to Academy sometime thins week then.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:46 PM

GIFT CARD IN HAND.

This is 19She's car.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Oh wow. I guess poor people don't have real time tire ]

And yes, she's an unemployed poor my car monitors tire pressure and makes a mean omelet.

Ohh, I gotcha. My mistake. I know those feels

Jan 20, 2016, 3:31 PM

My girlfriends car doesn't even have air conditioned seats or a backup camera LOL! Women, emirate??

How does she keep that "thang" from getting the

stank on it on a hot August afternoon?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She doesn't, and I wouldn't have it any other way.***

Jan 20, 2016, 3:41 PM

Low pro's on a Honda Pilot?

Jan 20, 2016, 3:34 PM

PIMP!

Naw, this is the secondary. UPDATE:

Left front tire has some cracking in the sidewall. Still has some tread life, but should prolly be replaced. Back two are mostly fine, besides a nail in one that isn't leaking. Firestone recommends leaving alone.

2 new tires on front: $87 total

How deep is the dicking?

Wait..they want to leave a nail in the tire?

Jan 20, 2016, 3:42 PM

hmmm

Looks like a small gauge framing nail. Not leaking.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:44 PM

Pulling it out would make, well, leak.

And not pulling it out can tear the threads.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:46 PM

Color me cornfused.

What kind of Sukiyaki Turbotread off-brand whitewalls

Jan 20, 2016, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Naw, this is the secondary. UPDATE: ]

are you getting two of for $87?

Primewell Sport something or other.

Jan 20, 2016, 4:39 PM

$120ish a pop, but got them for $25 per plus mounting, tax, tag, and title with the road hazard warranty from Firestone.

Man, that's really odd.

Jan 20, 2016, 4:50 PM

I thought you loved your family.

Not particularly.

Jan 20, 2016, 4:56 PM

No idea where you picked up that bit of misinformation.

Re: Not particularly.

Jan 20, 2016, 4:59 PM

You have to be gentle, but firm with inferiors.

Advice #1: don't drive on flat tires

Jan 20, 2016, 3:35 PM

advice #2: Find out how ##### your tire went flat
advice #3: Don't you ever look at your tires on your wife's car?
advice #3: DON'T DRIVE ON FLAT TIRES.

Wait, scratch all this.

You're not Greenr.

Re: tarded***

Jan 20, 2016, 3:45 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice, i brokedown on i-75 this morning.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:40 PM

Alternator. Was fun times, took two hours for free tow to arrive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice, i brokedown on i-75 this morning.

Jan 20, 2016, 3:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaaKje297UE

Re: Hump day can officially go hump itself.

Jan 20, 2016, 9:50 PM

https://youtu.be/mXPeLctgvQI

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hump day can officially go hump itself.

Jan 21, 2016, 9:48 AM

You should have had Costco fill your spare tire up as they do free nitrogen fill-ups even if you don't buy your tires from them. You wouldn't have needed to pay for the tow...

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic