Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, didn't see this one coming. :-)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1,035

Well, didn't see this one coming. :-)

Sep 5, 2019, 11:08 PM

https://www.psypost.org/2019/09/people-with-lower-emotional-intelligence-are-more-likely-to-hold-right-wing-views-study-finds-54369

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must have Cata filtered out then....

Sep 5, 2019, 11:17 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Hey-kids-Enjoy-this-while-I-hurricane-prep-25895892

But since you mentioned it, yes, the left is definitely the keeper of all things emotional intelligence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You must have Cata filtered out then....

Sep 5, 2019, 11:35 PM

I didn't right the study, I just posted it. And there is nothing in the article that mentions the nuts on the left.

But you posted an excellent "what about" response. Not sure why though. You don't seem the Proud Boy type. ;)

Here's another:

https://www.businessinsider.com/extremist-killings-links-right-wing-extremism-report-2019-1

Example of emotional intelligence.

Sep 6, 2019, 4:23 AM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fhGloalAh1w

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 5:48 AM [ in reply to Re: You must have Cata filtered out then.... ]

You got a couple, but we all know the real truth. Dont be in denial. There is a reason why there is no crazy liberal radio thriving and there is tons of nutty conservative radio killing it. Alex Jones etc...generally the nutcases are mainstream on the right.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You got a couple"

Sep 6, 2019, 10:08 AM

Yeah, just a couple

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "You got a couple"

Sep 6, 2019, 12:23 PM

What’s your beef with those people?

That they dress different and don’t have the same color hair as you?

If it wasn’t for people protesting in this country blacks and women would still be second class citizens

Riiiight, their protests are akin to the civil rights

Sep 6, 2019, 12:38 PM

movement LOL. I bet they couldn't even tell you why they're protesting, other than "Orange man bad". That was sheer lunacy after the 2016 elections. And really, it's continued to this day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Riiiight, their protests are akin to the civil rights

Sep 6, 2019, 12:56 PM

There was a lake bum 50 years ago with the same attitude towards the civil rights movement that you have now.

what rights are they protesting for?***

Sep 6, 2019, 1:01 PM

Re: "You got a couple"

Sep 9, 2019, 2:57 PM [ in reply to "You got a couple" ]

You're still just rolling with anecdotal evidence and a few pictures found here and there. And the photos don't prove the political ideology of anyone in them. It's a fallacious assumption to believe anyone who opposes anything Trump is automatically left wing. Plenty of moderates and conservatives do as well.

What Felix posted was a scientific study. Y'all are just responding with random pics of a few people and going, "But, but, but... libruhls!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I didn’t accuse you of “righting” it,

Sep 6, 2019, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: You must have Cata filtered out then.... ]

Just said you German’d the $&@“ out of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn’t accuse you of “righting” it,

Sep 6, 2019, 9:37 AM

I am just glad you found a bunch of images on the internet that refute the findings of that study, it shows a lot of emotional intelligence.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anecdotes > data apparently. And they wonder why

Sep 6, 2019, 9:46 AM

we end up with studies like this...

It’s a message board. If you want to be educated,

Sep 6, 2019, 9:49 AM

You’ll have to do it on your own time.

Nailed it!***

Sep 6, 2019, 8:25 AM [ in reply to You must have Cata filtered out then.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 6, 2019, 8:45 AM [ in reply to You must have Cata filtered out then.... ]

that second pic is an all time great lib meltdown... those snowflakes do make for some entertaining youtube videos

Sep 6, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to You must have Cata filtered out then.... ]

Oh man that was great. Now let me me post pics of all the racist POS trump supporters.....

It's hilarious how your argument against hard data

Sep 6, 2019, 9:44 AM [ in reply to You must have Cata filtered out then.... ]

is an attack on a Tnet user, and an anecdotal pictures of some moron Democrats.

But then again as the article shows, hard data and intelligent arguments are not Republican strong suits.

“Attack”. Lol

Sep 6, 2019, 9:50 AM

Viewing that jesting post as an “attack” suggests low emotional intelligence to me, but what do I know, I’m a conservative.

how are you defining "attack"?***

Sep 6, 2019, 10:32 AM [ in reply to It's hilarious how your argument against hard data ]

Article has nothing to do with Republicans***

Sep 6, 2019, 10:35 AM [ in reply to It's hilarious how your argument against hard data ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I wonder, EOYOT, if the irony of your post is lost on you.***

Sep 6, 2019, 1:17 PM [ in reply to It's hilarious how your argument against hard data ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 7:49 AM [ in reply to You must have Cata filtered out then.... ]

Quite a bit of irony here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Just to be clear, and what a number of posters seemed to

Sep 9, 2019, 9:16 AM

miss, was that I didn't drop your name as an example of lacking emotional intelligence.

Rather, it was a "Germans!" reply to Felix.

See, he said "I didn't see this one coming", and my mention of you was intended to convey "If you read Cata's posts you would have already seen this coming."

Anyhoo.........

Re: Just to be clear, and what a number of posters seemed to

Sep 9, 2019, 10:08 AM

Oh, no, I get that. I'm just saying the response is a bit ironic. Mainly because I don't lump you in the "right wing" crowd.

If a Miami fan says Florida State players are thugs,

Sep 9, 2019, 10:40 AM

and I point out that Miami has some thugs too, I'm a Florida State fan?

Re: If a Miami fan says Florida State players are thugs,

Sep 9, 2019, 10:59 AM

Fair enough. Overall, though, what's being presented here in this thread as a response is anecdotal evidence rather than a complete study like the original link. The study didn't claim there weren't left wing folks who lacked emotional intelligence. They just found that, as a whole, those on the far right were more susceptible to lacking that intelligence and were more open to authoritarian/oppressive ideology. This isn't really that new; Johnathan Haidt proved that years ago (I've mentioned his book and studies here before). The more right you go, the more you embrace blind loyalty and authority.

Re: Well, didn't see this one coming. :-)

Sep 6, 2019, 5:45 AM

Obviously

Everyone knows that red states are WAY less educated

Sep 6, 2019, 9:42 AM

They also use a disproportionate amount of government handouts. Imagine that.

They also play the best football.***

Sep 6, 2019, 10:07 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: They also play the best football.***

Sep 6, 2019, 10:42 AM

Physically stronger also... absolute units

From a statistical/logical perspective...

Sep 6, 2019, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Everyone knows that red states are WAY less educated ]

your statement doesn't hold a lot of merit.

For instance, just because a "red" state gets/uses more government handouts, it doesn't automatically hold that conservatives/republicans use more handouts.

It also doesn't mean that a set of voters in said state are less educated. Now, polling results show Trump voters, in general, have less higher education than Hillary voters in the last election. I'm not sure about the "WAY" part, nor is level of post-secondary education a real barometer on intelligence, especially where politics is concerned.

Re: Everyone knows that red states are WAY less educated

Sep 6, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Everyone knows that red states are WAY less educated ]

Largest by far user of Federal Welfare funds is Claifornia, so there is that but why look at real info.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:20 PM

Tiger1Dad said:

Largest by far user of Federal Welfare funds is Claifornia, so there is that but why look at real info.

Might want to do a little research there my friend. California is the most populous state so your statement is a little misleading.

I'm sure you weren't using 'real info' on a per capita basis? ;)

Sep 9, 2019, 2:05 PM

Oh I already know the stats Felix. Ca. Uses right at 30% of all Federal Welfare monies. Maybe, jut maybe it is you that needs to read a bit,just saying.

They have poverty rates in areas that make barefoot folks in the Appalachian region of Kentucky say dang those folks are poor.

Huh? You're wrong.

Sep 9, 2019, 2:59 PM

California isn't even in the top 10 of per capita welfare spending. In fact, that list is a pretty healthy mix of red and blue states.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/states-that-spend-the-most-on-welfare

so if a state goes from one color to the other

Sep 6, 2019, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Everyone knows that red states are WAY less educated ]

is that state getting smarter or dumber dynamically?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Sep 6, 2019, 9:45 AM

People who support trump really are out of touch with reality and borderline ignorant. At least the ones I know.

What are they ignorant to?***

Sep 6, 2019, 10:22 AM

Re: What are they ignorant to?***

Sep 6, 2019, 11:50 AM

To things Trump has said and done. Again, this is trump supporters I know personally, they get their info filtered through Fox News. They don’t actually listen and form an opinion on the man for themselves.

For example, they claim Trump is a Christian who was sent by god. Yea a lot of them do that. They are oblivious to the fact that he has gone on record claiming he doesn’t need God’s forgiveness. This is just one of many examples.

They believe every accusation or negative thing against him is just an attack by the liberal media.

My experience is anecdotal sure, but it matches up with the data that says trump supporters are highly misinformed.

These seems like a sweeping generalization.

Sep 6, 2019, 12:05 PM

Most of the people I know who support Trump do it for a few reasons:

1) They want a strong economy
2) They voted for him because they were tired of being marginalized by main stream media, Hollywood and liberal elites, leading to
3) Supporting Trump really seems to p!ss off a lot of liberals

I don't personally know anyone who supports him because they think he is "a Christian who was sent by god."

Sep 6, 2019, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, didn't see this one coming. :-) ]

Going from a friendly debate to personal attacks indicates low emotional intelligence

What's interesting...

Sep 9, 2019, 9:10 AM

You post a link to this study and then many of the responses to your post prove the study's findings.

cliff's notes

Sep 9, 2019, 9:41 AM

using condescending words like lower emotional intelligence proves what we already know?

republicans are more into a work for it and earn it mentality
democrats are more into a help everyone out no matter what mentality

how can i get paid to run a study to state that water is wet?

calling it emotional intelligence just makes it sound like a superiority thing.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1,035
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic