Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many years away is baseball from looking in another
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

How many years away is baseball from looking in another

Apr 21, 2019, 3:16 PM

direction regarding a coach. Never really felt like there was a good fit with Lee and the program as a whole is, at best, stagnant. At worst it is going in the wrong direction and becoming irrelevant. I'm not advocating fire a coach or anything like that. I simply want the opinion of people that know the sport better regarding how long a baseball coach goes when it comes to lack of production.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many years away is baseball from looking in another

Apr 21, 2019, 3:18 PM

thanks for your input coot

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2019, 3:25 PM

The OP is not a coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2019, 3:32 PM

The OP has said he wouldn't care if Clemson closed its doors for good.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

He said something in the heat of the moment that was wrong,

Apr 21, 2019, 3:33 PM

I'm sure he did not mean, and regrets. That was many years ago. You got to give folks a second chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He said something in the heat of the moment that was wrong,

Apr 21, 2019, 4:23 PM

You mean people like Hitler, Stalin, Atilla the Hun, Jack the Ripper?

You snowflakes don’t have a clue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow,

Apr 21, 2019, 9:11 PM

Hitler, Stalin, Atilla the Hun, Jack the Ripper and Clemson81to85. Thanks for that, why didn't you just throw in Ted Bundy and Charles Manson. Now we know not to take anythng you say seriously again. How offensive to the victims of all of those people that you mentioned and compared their suffering to yours for having to read my post years ago. You can do better than that Mr. T.

Re: He said something in the heat of the moment that was wrong,

Apr 22, 2019, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: He said something in the heat of the moment that was wrong, ]

Good gracious, such a complete overreaction. One of us doesn't have a clue and you'll find him in your mirror. Shameful post.

Apr 21, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: How many years away is baseball from looking in another ]

I don't personal feel the same as 81 to 85, but he isn't a coot!!!

Apr 21, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: How many years away is baseball from looking in another ]

He is not a coot.......... you need to chill out man........Go Tigers!!!!!

UGA hires their coach

Apr 21, 2019, 3:18 PM

And he had three straight losing seasons. Now look where they are. Got to give him a few years

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Monte is in his 4th.

Apr 21, 2019, 3:28 PM

He should be in Supers 2 of every 3 years.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

UGA coach

Apr 21, 2019, 6:22 PM

has been there more than 4 years. this is the first great year they have had with him. last year they were good, but this year they are better.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA hires their coach

Apr 21, 2019, 6:30 PM [ in reply to UGA hires their coach ]

Obviously Georgia is improving and their veterans have really developed. You basically just proved Georgia’s coach is better than Monte lol you can’t say monte needs a few years because Georgia’s coach did. Monte can have all the time he wants his philosophy will NEVER be successful at Clemson

Not anytime soon

Apr 21, 2019, 3:25 PM

Lee is going to be around for a long time. The guy is a great fit at Clemson.

I watched him when he was coaching at C of C and know first hand how good he is.

He'll get things turned around.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2019, 3:57 PM

If he doesnt win a regional by 2022 he should be fired but won’t be because our fans settle in all sports not football just because we’re the best in football. Nothing else matters enough

Apr 21, 2019, 4:30 PM

Our fans don't settle for average at any time, and I feel that Monte will get our BB team turned around but, he did lose some of our best guys after last season especially in our pitching rotation. I'm all in with Monte for at least 3 more years. Along with having another seasoned team, I do believe that we need a batting/hitting coach....

Apr 21, 2019, 5:19 PM

Uh what? Have you watched Clemson Basketball? Lol
The end of jacks years? We should’ve been in year 6 with monte maybe making Omaha by now but we settled with jack too long.
We can’t make excuses for what we lost off of teams that lost regionals lol they weren’t good enough to win regionals so why should we miss them so much? Especially since montes recruiting better by the year. We shouldn’t be this bad. We still have multiple veterans that should’ve been developed enough to lead this team everyday

Apr 22, 2019, 8:41 AM

Yeah I watch Basketball, but I think we are talking about Baseball... And I think that you should just go out there and tell Monte that you have the answers that would help him with putting together a regional team that could win, then share your master plan with him!!! A real die hard Clemson fan would do that if they truly believed what they're saying, and not just bashing a coach on the Inter Net!!!

Apr 21, 2019, 3:59 PM

You design your game plan around the talent that is available to you!

Apr 21, 2019, 4:02 PM

Talent available to you? As if monte didn’t want these players lmao it’s monte’s players!!!!!!!
Wow

You saying Monte gets all the players he wants? Wow.***

Apr 21, 2019, 4:06 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: You saying Monte gets all the players he wants? Wow.***

Apr 21, 2019, 4:10 PM

Nobody does. All I’ve heard about is how great he’s recruiting so he’s getting enough of what he wants to be able to field a team that can’t lay down a bunt!!!

Apr 22, 2019, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: How many years away is baseball from looking in another ]

They may very well be the players that he wanted but it doesn’t mean you can develop a great team around them based on what they did in high school! These “sluggers” at the high school level may not be sluggers when they face pitching at a higher level. The same goes for pitching.
Right now, imo, the Tigers strikeout to much and walk to many batters in key situations. The strikeouts are especially bad. When you don’t hit the ball somewhere it takes a lot of pressure from the defensive players.

Apr 21, 2019, 6:12 PM

With all the young players getting experience in most cases next season should be a good year

Apr 22, 2019, 11:16 AM

This is a young team. Next year will be better because of it. Injuries are unpredictable and have been catastrophic this season. My money is on Clemson turning it around and making a run late, getting in the tourney and getting beyond regionals.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic