Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many snow games has Clemson ever played in?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

How many snow games has Clemson ever played in?

Dec 10, 2017, 9:42 PM

Only one I know of is the Humanitarian Bowl vs La Tech back in 2001.

Were there any from the old days?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 2000 Clemson - SC game was cold and cloudy

Dec 10, 2017, 9:46 PM

We thought we were going to get snow during the game but it held off until about 30 minutes after. The next morning there was about 2" on the ground. Very pretty sight for enjoying the "push off" win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't it sleet?***

Dec 11, 2017, 8:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The 2000 Clemson - SC game was cold and cloudy

Dec 11, 2017, 11:24 AM [ in reply to The 2000 Clemson - SC game was cold and cloudy ]

Froze my ### off in that game

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sat thru snow in Charlottesville years ago, (97?)

Dec 10, 2017, 9:53 PM

and as you mentioned, Boise. Did it snow during the Baylor bowl game??---it was cold as hades.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No snow in the 79 Peach Bowl

Dec 10, 2017, 10:03 PM

Temp was around 38 degrees with a foggy, wet mist hanging in the air the entire day. I think it was the coldest I've ever been. It felt like you were sitting naked in a tub of ice and water.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol my wife and I were there...

Dec 10, 2017, 10:17 PM

...cold and miserable as heck at the old Fulton County Stadium.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Was at UVA game in late 1990’s and it

Dec 10, 2017, 10:25 PM

Snowed for part of the game

Coldest game I've ever been to where it didn't........

Dec 11, 2017, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Lol my wife and I were there... ]

actually snow. I remember how cold and damp it was and that the field was muddy. And the wind was bad.

It rained, sleeted and snowed the morning of the game...

Dec 11, 2017, 8:19 AM [ in reply to No snow in the 79 Peach Bowl ]

during the parade.

By the time the game started I was soaking wet and nearly froze to death sitting through that miserable game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Same here...

Dec 11, 2017, 10:24 AM [ in reply to No snow in the 79 Peach Bowl ]

That day in Fulton County Stadium is the coldest I've ever been at a football game. And that counts Wake Forest in 2016 and the 2015 ACCCG against UNCheat in Charlotte. The only thing that comes close was a Chicago Bears game I went to at Soldier Field... sleet and a strong wind off Lake Michigan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Peach Bowl against Baylor was rough, some sleet I think

Dec 10, 2017, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Sat thru snow in Charlottesville years ago, (97?) ]

But definitely the coldest and windiest I have ever been to. Losing the game didn't help!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That Peach Bowl against Baylor was rough, some sleet I think

Dec 11, 2017, 7:42 AM

My wife (at that time future wife) and I Were there. Almost froze. We got caught in the traffic and were walking into game late when Clemson scored, so missed that RD. If remember correctly, we only scored two of them.

The second was very late in game after, after game was already settled. I almost never leave early, but we were freezing and since we were dating, decided to leave the cold and wind. Walking out, we heard our final score. So not only did we almost lose fingers and toes from the cold, didn't even see us score a T D.

Remember there was ice all in the stands, on seats and you were basically standing on ice entire game. Worse game ever been to.

Nov. 9, 1996!***

Dec 11, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Sat thru snow in Charlottesville years ago, (97?) ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1972 SCAR game had sleet & freezing rain ... no snow.

Dec 10, 2017, 10:52 PM

I don’t ever recall any significant amount of snow falling or snow on the ground for any Clemson game since I started following in 1958.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1972 SCAR game had sleet & freezing rain ... no snow.

Dec 11, 2017, 8:10 AM

When I was a freshman in 1963 we were playing UGA at Clemson and a storm came up at halftime with heavy rain, wind and hail. Everyone retreated under the stands, but back then water leaked through the stands, so it was almost impossible to stay dry. Back then one could carry umbrellas to the game, but no umbrella survived the torrential wind and rain. When the storm blew over and the team came out onto the field after halftime, the ground was white with hail.

Music City Bowl vs Kentucky the year we won

Dec 11, 2017, 8:03 AM

It snowed a bit. Mainly flurries but was snowing for most of the 2nd half. No accumulation. Just cold as heck!

2009***

Dec 11, 2017, 8:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

vs terps in baltimore

Dec 11, 2017, 1:34 PM

84 ish, maybe ? I am getting old... Some flurries and was REALLY cold! Sticking to aluminum bleachers !

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic