Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson ranked hardest school to get into in SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,752

Clemson ranked hardest school to get into in SC

Feb 13, 2019, 12:33 PM

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2019/01/30/hardest-colleges-to-get-into-by-state-2/9/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course it is. Been that was for decades.***

Feb 13, 2019, 12:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

How many decades you talkin bout?

Feb 13, 2019, 12:46 PM

I got accepted in 1997 and there ain't no way I'd be accepted today

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

U really shouldn't put your tnet user name on your

Feb 13, 2019, 1:16 PM

Apllication....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Starting in about 1889***

Feb 13, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to How many decades you talkin bout? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Starting in about 1889***

Feb 13, 2019, 4:34 PM

Correct.

BUT, the first class wasn't until 1893. Which make the coots even more angry as Clemson was more difficult to gain admittance that "OF" even when we were only accepting carpenters, masons, and day laborers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

over Furman or Wofford?

Feb 13, 2019, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Of course it is. Been that was for decades.*** ]

maybe just over the last decade this is true.

"Flagship" University?

Feb 13, 2019, 1:06 PM

That was difficult to reconcile in my mind though I knew it was true that Clemson is better in every way. I can understand smaller or private schools such as Vanderbilt, Duke, and Harvard being most selective in their state but shouldn't "flagship" imply the best?
I looked for a definition of flagship university and I think I found the one that really explains it.
"It is generally the first public university ever founded and the one that receives the most support from the state government."

Flagship has never meant the best

Feb 13, 2019, 1:46 PM

It has always meant the biggest State School with the state in the name

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Governor Goober Hodges stated...

Feb 13, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to "Flagship" University? ]

that u of 5c should aspire to be like the University of Kentucky (which ranks 12th academically out of the 14 $EC schools), that told the world all they needed to know about this state's flagship" university. Of course, they are both in the $EC which is the second worst academically of the five major conferences. Thank God for Vanderbilt.

Re: Clemson ranked hardest school to get into in SC

Feb 13, 2019, 1:44 PM

applying during spring break of senior year worked in '74, not so much now. As I recall, you could get a degree for less than a new mid-sized car. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure you will, even if I'm not wrong).

My first year at Clemson (1981)...

Feb 13, 2019, 3:57 PM

tuition, on-campus housing, and a seven day meal plan was about $1,250 per semester.

It's about $12,500 per semester now.

Re: My first year at Clemson (1981)...

Feb 13, 2019, 7:50 PM

And that’s for in- state....,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,752
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic