Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let’s be honest with ourselves
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Let’s be honest with ourselves

Aug 29, 2019, 11:35 PM

We beat a weak GT tonight with a sub par performance based on what we can do. That said, A&M will be another animal altogether. Play like we did tonight, it’s a close one and maybe a L.
That said I think it was still an excellent start, the fundamentals will he stressed all week and I’m looking forward to a helluva matchup next weekend!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let’s be honest with ourselves

Aug 29, 2019, 11:38 PM

I think we will be much better next week

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2019, 11:42 PM

Thank you!!! I was afraid we might go the whole night without a negative dumper type post! Now I can sleep much better! Thx bro! ????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2019, 11:45 PM

Someone has to bring this crowd back down to earth haha

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2019, 7:44 AM

You are a moron

Aug 29, 2019, 11:44 PM

It was more of the fact that our playcalling was extremely vanilla. Wr screens and ETN up the middle consisted of 97% of our playcalling. Just goes to show how much talent we have. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that the GT games always nail biters.

Did anyone really want to show Jimbo more than was necessary***

Aug 29, 2019, 11:46 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Did anyone really want to show Jimbo more than was necessary***

Aug 30, 2019, 6:55 AM

Certainly not his ex-wife! Hi-o!

You sound like the announcers harping on our "mistakes"

Aug 29, 2019, 11:46 PM

Aug 29, 2019, 11:53 PM

I'm always amused at people who point out the bad from a game, and then say we'll struggle against this team or that team if we play that way against them. You mean to tell me if we play bad against a really good team that it might not go well for us? You really know your football!

I am an unapologetic glass-half-empty guy.

Aug 29, 2019, 11:58 PM

If you don't like that, skip this and go to Happy Place.

That said, yes, that did not seem to be a good first half. We scored 21 points that we will not get against A&M (the two fumbles down close and a 90 yard run). Take those away and there is no way to make this game look good, except for the fact that we did move the ball well in the 2nd half. This was a really bad team against the #1 team: didn't look like it.

Lest people flame away (but they will anyway), sure, these are First World problems. Compared to where we were a few years ago tonight is the promised land. I got that. But if we're talking Heisman QB and a dominant OL, tonight was not that. We might be all that against A&M, and I hope so, but tonight's team might have trouble with them.

How long was the TL to Tee TD last year?***

Aug 30, 2019, 12:00 AM

Re: How long was the TL to Tee TD last year?***

Aug 30, 2019, 12:05 AM

64 yards

Re: I am an unapologetic glass-half-empty guy.

Aug 30, 2019, 12:03 AM [ in reply to I am an unapologetic glass-half-empty guy. ]

Maybe not 90 yards, but why wouldn't we be capable of scoring a long touchdown against A&M exactly? Also, are you saying that A&M won't turn the ball over any this season? They had 2 turnovers tonight against Texas State btw...

We won tonight 52-14, and had 632 yards of offense. How did that not look like the #1 team against a bad team to you? I'm not saying it was 100% beautiful, but I'd imagine A&M didn't look flawless either.

All legit. Can't argue. Sure, we might break off a 90 yard

Aug 30, 2019, 12:21 AM

run against A&M, and sure, they might give us two shadow-of-their-goalpost turnovers. That's the game plan?

The same first half we played tonight, played next week, will result in no better than a tie at the half. You know it, I know it, the American people know it. ($1 to Bob Dole.) That's all I'm saying. And A&M ain't that good. The OL was great in the 2nd half, and TL looked better. I hope that is what we open with next week, not this first half we just saw. Again, that is what I am saying. Not dissing on dear ol' Clemson U. Just saying we didn't look like a good team in the first half, not even close.

Re: All legit. Can't argue. Sure, we might break off a 90 yard

Aug 30, 2019, 12:29 AM

some people like me see and hope for minor corrections to make us better, others who claim not to see it that way are quick to criticize us that feel that way for even thinking it, refusing to apply the same logic consistently and I find that odd.

That may be true of some, but not of me. I'm not criticizing

Aug 30, 2019, 1:00 AM

the orange glasses view. Heck, I hope its right. I just saw an inefficient offense and a good defense, given the awfulness of the people we were playing. If others disagree, fine. We'll see next week.

I'm just going by history

Aug 30, 2019, 12:36 AM [ in reply to All legit. Can't argue. Sure, we might break off a 90 yard ]

Got my vote. I was just saying, against the

Aug 30, 2019, 1:03 AM

"OMG-we-scored-52-points" giddiness - that what you said will have to happen. Can't walk with that same show next week and expect a curtain call.

Re: Got my vote. I was just saying, against the

Aug 30, 2019, 7:39 AM

Ill take that win against GT given all the unknowns about them on the season. It wasn’t always pretty, but dang TL had a Heisman tackle that most qbs would not even come close to making or tried to make.and then the defense sucked it up and not only held GT, but got an int. They gave us the run taking away the passing game and we did that all night long. We played a lot of players and we beat GT by more than the spread. If you don’t like that win, pull for the team SE of us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All legit. Can't argue. Sure, we might break off a 90 yard

Aug 30, 2019, 7:45 AM [ in reply to All legit. Can't argue. Sure, we might break off a 90 yard ]

Sounds like you have it all figured out. Any tips on the stock market? Possible other investments?

Team did what they had to do. Showed nothing but up the middle and off tackle runs with some screens and one or two deep balls. What did you expect in a first game against an overmatched opponent with our two best opponents in the coming weeks?

Message was edited by: gville76

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Enjoy your ulcer.***

Aug 30, 2019, 7:47 AM [ in reply to I am an unapologetic glass-half-empty guy. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

So playing your what if game

Aug 30, 2019, 7:49 AM [ in reply to I am an unapologetic glass-half-empty guy. ]

If 1st team plays entire game, and play calling is more aggressive Clemson certainly wins by 50

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to view the season opener as kind of a

Aug 29, 2019, 11:59 PM

shakedown cruise to get our gears revved.

Where we are lucky IMO is that we have one of the most elite staffs in the business, and hence, whatever bugs showed tonight will be addressed promptly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You Must Be Watching a Different Game

Aug 30, 2019, 12:01 AM

O Line and D Line Play Were Incredible. TAMU is Good But Clemson Will Win by 21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You Must Be Watching a Different Game

Aug 30, 2019, 12:52 AM

I think we did exactly what we were supposed to do . We had work our O line ready for the rest of the year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2019, 1:31 AM

Guess what, dude. We beat them worse than last year and allowed less points when we had a 4 man NFL front. No snap judgments are necessary but no reason to hang crepe either.

We ran about 5 plays, and still ripped off big plays***

Aug 30, 2019, 6:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Aug 30, 2019, 7:03 AM

We're not getting beat by TAM at home . Nextweek you'll see a whole lot fewer errors and mental mistakes .
We will blow them out as well . Bet.

Gimme Clemson 34-13

DB23

We have a stage 3 worrier on our hands.***

Aug 30, 2019, 7:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Aug 30, 2019, 8:05 AM

Come on now. Do you honestly believe the offense they called tonight will be the same one next week? Trevor threw the ball past 10 yards twice. They weren’t going to give teams like A&M and cuse game film to prepare. Also a lot of WR were swapping in and out. By no means was that game perfect but Clemson got the W and came away healthy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were more dominant against GT than they

Aug 30, 2019, 8:08 AM

were against Texas St last night.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic