Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How far is too far? These are federal employees
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 637

How far is too far? These are federal employees

Jul 2, 2019, 9:23 AM

The Hannity Effect:

"US Border Patrol agents who were part of a secret Facebook group allegedly posted sexually explicit memes and comments about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ahead of her visit to a migrant detention centre.

The group reportedly had around 9,500 members and also contained posts mocking migrant deaths.

Posts in the group included one that encouraged officers to throw a “burrito at these b*****s”, while others said “f***k the hoes” and “There should be no photo ops for these scum buckets”, ProPublica reported."

https://news.yahoo.com/border-patrol-agents-shared-sexually-080511321.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they do this on federal time?

Jul 2, 2019, 9:47 AM

Can that be proved?

That is most certainly not the standard applied in

Jul 2, 2019, 9:52 AM

any case for federal employees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is the standard?***

Jul 2, 2019, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure it's different across agencies, but you don't

Jul 2, 2019, 10:16 AM

actually believe that federal employees aren't responsible for the things they do and say if they're "not on the clock", do you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, we gonna fire all federal employess that bas Trump now?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:21 AM

got it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice strawman.***

Jul 2, 2019, 10:24 AM

Re: lol, we gonna fire all federal employess that bas Trump now?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to lol, we gonna fire all federal employess that bas Trump now? ]

If you think this is the same as having a political opinion, you need help.

Republicans are garbage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's their fault you have all that pent up venom too.

Jul 2, 2019, 10:41 AM

I know it's not that you're a spoiled brat with a silver spoon still stuck in your anus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol, we gonna fire all federal employess that bas Trump now?

Jul 2, 2019, 11:50 AM [ in reply to lol, we gonna fire all federal employess that bas Trump now? ]

strzuck and page say hi.

I believe if someone fired me from a gov job...

Jul 2, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to I'm sure it's different across agencies, but you don't ]

I'd let the courts decide if my right to free speech had or was being violated. I'm just saying this is subject according to one's perspective. I don't know the legal ramifications and ask you what's the standard.

Re: I believe if someone fired me from a gov job...

Jul 2, 2019, 10:47 AM

You would be laughed of court for not understanding how free speech works.

If the gov fired everyone for their political speech...

Jul 2, 2019, 4:08 PM

we'd save a ton of money but we'd probably have a non functional government.

Re: Did they do this on federal time?

Jul 2, 2019, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Did they do this on federal time? ]

Doesn't matter

How does it not matter?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:05 AM

DO you think your employer should own your opinion as well?

I don't think it should be a matter of opinions...

Jul 2, 2019, 10:09 AM

But a matter of behaviors. I honestly don't know if they can, but I think my employer should be able to fire me for poor behaviors outside the workplace, as long as that is made clear when I agreed to become employed.

If I went on the internet and posted negative things about our customers, for example, I think that would be a zero tolerance termination. I have the right to an opinion, but I have a responsibility to do the right thing with that opinion if I want to work for the company.

That doesn't seem to be the same situation.

Jul 2, 2019, 10:39 AM

I've always worked in construction. I might have added a few dollars to an estimate to be able to deal with unreasonable customers on top of a SOB factor already figured into the estimate but a customer is the boss.

It was just a point about whether it's appropriate

Jul 2, 2019, 10:44 AM

to fire someone for behaviors, that may be related to opinions a person has. The termination would likely be for the behavior, not for the opinion.

Re: How does it not matter?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to How does it not matter? ]

Opinions...no. We're still responible for our actions outside of work.

Is this about actions, or opinions?

Jul 2, 2019, 11:01 AM

What did the federal employees act on?

Re: Is this about actions, or opinions?

Jul 2, 2019, 11:19 AM

Both. They acted on making their opinions public. Kind of like if some make believe Clemson teacher went on a racist rant online blah blah blah. They would be fired. That would be their opinion. That was okay until they act and let the world know. They acted on it and made it public. You can have your opinion, but once you vocalize or express it in whatever fashion, you are fair game.

Once they are fired..then what?

Jul 2, 2019, 2:31 PM

Should they never be allowed to work again? How far should this follow them in their professional life?

I've always wondered this about SJW's that seem to like to get people fired over anything.

Jul 2, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to How does it not matter? ]

DO you think your employer should own your opinion as well?

Try calling your employer a hoe. And create a meme of him or her give Trump a beeg.

See how that works out for ya...then get back to us.

The same can said about raising hell at an employer

Jul 3, 2019, 10:45 PM

when a hermaphrodite comes into the mens room, stands at a urinal and flirts/attempts 'to convert' with straight guys.

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Jul 2, 2019, 12:22 PM [ in reply to How does it not matter? ]

Many companies monitor employees on social networks and will absolutely fire them for opinions. You have a right to them and they have a right to terminate your employment if they disagree or feel it will interfere with business.

Saying you dislike someone’s view or disagree with them won’t amount to much. Post about how much you hate a company VP coming to visit and talk about how you are going to ### #### her face when she is there and see how long you last.

It's all degrees and in this case, someone should at least consider firing them if for no other reason than they were dumb enough to think it wouldn't get out.

Jul 2, 2019, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Did they do this on federal time? ]

Who cares what the timing is? People lose jobs all of the time for what they do on their free time.

Sure they do.

Jul 2, 2019, 11:03 AM

And I typically don't believe what someone does on their free time--unless it affects their job--they should be fired for. If it doesn't affect their job performance or their emploer, why do I care what they do?

I think that's true...

Jul 2, 2019, 11:09 AM

I don't think it'd be in the employer's best interest to fire an employee for something that doesn't affect performance or the company.

But it's probably true in many cases like this that the employer does feel the behavior is affecting them negatively.

Re: Sure they do.

Jul 2, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Sure they do. ]

And I typically don't believe what someone does on their free time--unless it affects their job--they should be fired for. If it doesn't affect their job performance or their emploer, why do I care what they do?

Really? But you're all for Strzuck and Page being fired? They were federal employees who voiced an opinion about Trump and you wanted them imprisoned.

Didn't they do something more than voiced their opinions?

Jul 2, 2019, 2:28 PM

Seems as if there was more to it than that.

Jul 2, 2019, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Did they do this on federal time? ]

Yes, date and time of the posts. If they did do this on the clock, what would you recommend be done with them?

If it were an ongoing thing, then fired.

Essentially, they are stealing.

How does Hannity fit into this?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:01 AM

Gov employees should be held to a standard and accountable for letting politics bleed over in the performance of their duties.

Never-the-less, freedom of speech is a fundamental right assured by our constitution. I do not like that type of rhetoric about even that NYC dingbat flip dizzy and I have no problem exercising my constitutional right to speak out against ugly speech or that dingbat flip dizzy, nutjob AOC.

Rights is rights and you've never heard Hannity say anything like that.

Re: How does Hannity fit into this?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:38 AM

I dont think you understand how free speech works.

Now I'm thinking that exact same thing about you.***

Jul 2, 2019, 10:42 AM

Re: Now I'm thinking that exact same thing about you.***

Jul 2, 2019, 10:51 AM

Youre very uneducated. You think freedom of speech protects you from getting fired from your job? I think I learned about how freedom of speech works in 6th grade. You must have been sick when it was taught.

Re: How does Hannity fit into this?

Jul 2, 2019, 11:41 AM [ in reply to How does Hannity fit into this? ]

Gov employees should be held to a standard and accountable for letting politics bleed over in the performance of their duties.

Never-the-less, freedom of speech is a fundamental right assured by our constitution. I do not like that type of rhetoric about even that NYC dingbat flip dizzy and I have no problem exercising my constitutional right to speak out against ugly speech or that dingbat flip dizzy, nutjob AOC.

Rights is rights and you've never heard Hannity say anything like that.

Hannity has said worse. He's gone on and on and on about a deep state that doesn't exist but magically materialized when Trump go elected.

If freedom of speech is the issue then why did they fire Stzruck and Page?

(ding bat flip dizzy....that cracks me up. :) )

Did you defend the fbi lovers text messages?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:16 AM

As, they all have their own political opinions. Free speech!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and NOT Federal Employee should be allowed to Bash Trump

Jul 2, 2019, 10:20 AM

on Facebook or twitter.
THEY MUST BE FIRED!!!!

Glad to know

Here, since you seem to be struggling with this.

Jul 2, 2019, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Did you defend the fbi lovers text messages? ]

Discrimination and Harassment: All employees have a responsibility to maintain an appropriate level
of professional conduct in the workplace, and to treat fellow employees with respect and fairness.
Pursuant to the OPM Anti-Harassment Policy, OPM prohibits harassing conduct (sexual or non-sexual)
in any OPM workplace or in any work-related situation at any other location during or outside normal
duty hours. OPM also prohibits retaliation against an employee who alleges harassment, as already
defined above, or who assists in any inquiry related to allegations of harassment. Additionally,
pursuant to the OPM Anti-Discrimination Policy, OPM prohibits harassment or discrimination directed
against fellow employees based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and
gender identity), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. OPM also prohibits
discrimination based on sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, parental status, military
services or any other non-merit factor. See 5 U.S.C. §§ 2301- 2302 (prohibited personnel practices).

Who got sexually harassed?***

Jul 2, 2019, 10:44 AM

So you didn't read the original post.

Jul 2, 2019, 10:51 AM

Or the paragraph I just posted, either, which casts a much broader net on harassment than just the "sexual" flavor.

Did you follow this, drinking your usual Busch Light

Jul 4, 2019, 11:15 AM

At Vomitfest? Bet you still struck-out.

-Doc

Re: Did you defend the fbi lovers text messages?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Did you defend the fbi lovers text messages? ]

This is not about politics. Also, what does this issue have to do with how free speech works?

So it's about religion?

Jul 2, 2019, 10:45 AM

Cause it's one or the other.

Re: So it's about religion?

Jul 2, 2019, 11:15 AM

I see what you did.

My mind is a little more crisp since I got my BP regulated..

Jul 2, 2019, 4:05 PM

to a reasonably functional level. I've been messed up pretty badly since the problems developed. The stent make my BP lower because heart function increased so the medication put me on my asz.

Re: My mind is a little more crisp since I got my BP regulated..

Jul 2, 2019, 10:11 PM

88, you have a stent. I did not know. I hope it improves for you, your a good man. Getting blood pressure under control can make ya crazy.

I hope it gets better soon. I need you brother, you're one of the few rational conservatives on here I can argue with. :)

I have a stent, that's a lol moment for me.

Jul 3, 2019, 10:49 AM

I had my first heart attack at age 32. I weighed about 185 at 5'-11" and could get the palm of my hand above a 10' rim. I was playing basketball with half a doz black teenagers who lived near me at a public court in the SC Spring Sun just after eating a huge lunch including two tuna sandwiches and a platter of home fries. Total cholesterol ct 420

I won two games of '21,' in a row and brought the ball in on a drive to the hole when I turned gray from loss of blood. I walked a block to get home and sat on the front porch asking my wife for a towel soaked in cold water. She brought me a warm one so I went inside to try and cool off in the air conditioning.

I sat on the couch and watched her dial 911. I got to across the room to the phone before she could speak to anyone and pushed the button down to disconnect the call. I returned to the couch and laid my head back on the back rest then committed my soul to God as I close my eyes while I lost consciousness.

They performed five bypasses and with no significant damage to the heart muscle I returned to work as a sheetrock finisher in six weeks, working through the summer as a hanger and finisher then returned to G'ville tech for one more quarter. That was 1982.

FF to 2000 and my eighth (8th) heart attack. Three more bypasses with two to go. One wasn't done because the muscle it served was dead. One wasn't done because of the damage around it prevented surgeons from working on it.

Now one stent in one artery and another being ballooned is a big deal? Total cholesterol ct 95.

Jul 2, 2019, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Did you defend the fbi lovers text messages? ]

xtiger said:

Always with "well what about" rationalizations so as not to address the issue at hand. The illegal immigrants deserve to be treated with dignity, not forced to drink out of toilets, called hoes and woken up in the middle of the night for fun. Making fun of dead children...that's what you're defending?

Read the article.

Jul 2, 2019, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Did you defend the fbi lovers text messages? ]

xtiger said:

"Let's throw burritos and those bit*hes" is not protected speech.

Forcing people to drink out of toilets for fun...how do you address that?

I can bet THAT whole toilet thing is a flat our LIE***

Jul 2, 2019, 12:33 PM

Re: I can bet THAT whole toilet thing is a flat our LIE***

Jul 2, 2019, 2:22 PM

But you don't know that. You want to believe it's a lie because you hate AOC and liberals in general.

That's what frustrates the rest of us so much. You Trump supporters absolutely insist on believing what you want to believe no matter the evidence, no matter the facts.

That's called a "cult of personality'.

Sorta like say, getting a Nobel Peace prize for

Jul 2, 2019, 2:30 PM

nothing?

Re: Sorta like say, getting a Nobel Peace prize for

Jul 3, 2019, 12:50 PM

nothing?

Absolutely! Obama literally got a Nobel Peach Prize for nothing. I still think that was dumb.

Of course the Nobel comittee is known for being a little cookie. Several years ago they wanted to give it to Stanley Williams, who is serving life in prison for murder. He founded the Crips but wrote a book denouncing violence. It was nuts.

And becaue AOC says it, you believe it

Jul 3, 2019, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I can bet THAT whole toilet thing is a flat our LIE*** ]

goes both ways.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy, if there are thirsty enough...

Jul 4, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you defend the fbi lovers text messages? ]

They'll drink it.

-Doc

Re: How far is too far? These are federal employees

Jul 2, 2019, 10:17 AM

They should be fired if they can be identified.

Don't expect the smelly Walmart shoppers to fire anybody.***

Jul 2, 2019, 10:47 AM

Government Employees only get fired for a few things.

Jul 4, 2019, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: How far is too far? These are federal employees ]

Harrassment
Violence
Looking at the wrong thing on their office computer or internet.

-Doc

Re: How far is too far? These are federal employees

People forget that they do have Freedom Of Speech, just not Freedom From Consequences.

So are these guys.

Jul 2, 2019, 2:47 PM

https://www.washingtonian.com/2013/03/25/secret-service-prostitution-scandal-one-year-later/

Problem is there's no accountability anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 61
| visibility 637
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic