Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does this affect Ealy’s decision?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

How does this affect Ealy’s decision?

Feb 2, 2019, 8:01 PM

Great to hear about Dukes commitment, but we all know the big fish we are wanting is Ealy..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it doesn’t

Feb 2, 2019, 8:12 PM

Ealy is a take regardless

Re: How does this affect Ealy’s decision?

Feb 2, 2019, 8:28 PM

I assume this is protection in case Ealy doesn’t sign.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2019, 8:40 PM

Majorleague baseball is where he is headed.

Feb 2, 2019, 9:00 PM

Wouldn’t surprise me if we moved on from Ealy. Sounded like he wasn’t all in.

At this point, we got a better one imo. He loves Clemson and he loves team. Ealy just strikes me that he’d expect to play day one... just comment I’ve read he’s made but could be the writer or my interpretation.

Right now, I’d much rather see a late DT commit or flip.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2019, 9:20 PM

This is a bad take. If (when) Ealy signs next week, even if (when) he gets drafted highly and signs with a MLB team, doesn’t make him wrong for it. He has a chance to make life changing money at 18, wouldn’t you take that? If he signs and stays, that’s awesome. He’ll likely play A LOT, because he’ll be the best back on roster not named Travis Etienne. The staff is 100% not moving on from Ealy, they knew the risk of recruiting a guy who could go pro this summer, and each party made their position very clear. From what I’ve read, Ealy has handled this process extremely maturely. Dukes is a great pickup, but he’s also the contingency plan in case Ealy doesn’t come to Clemson.

True. I also think everyone forgets

Feb 2, 2019, 9:24 PM

Clemson already had their RB for this class. Dukes,whom I think's gonna be a good one and Ealy are extremely rich icing on that recruiting cake.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cesare-Mellusi-87773/

Feb 2, 2019, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: How does this affect Ealy’s decision? ]

Did you even read what I said? I stated three things.

1. Never said we’ve moved on, said I wouldn’t be surprised if we had.

2. Never mentioned anything about him and baseball and not taking the money yada yada. I’ve stated several times on this bored that it was going to be hard to turn down a 5-10 mil signing bonus which is what he is looking at.

The only thing I DID say was I’ve read articles where he talked about he was a franchise player and the way it sounded it was all and only about him and early pt was a priority... I also qualified that with it could just be the way the writer wrote the article or interview.

3- I stated with Dukes commit imo he’ll be the best of the two in the long run. And as mrttm said, we already have another great one commited as well. So we’re more than good on RB. What I DID say is I would much rather see a DT commit than another RB.

We have plenty of depth at RB. Not so much at DT. Belk hurt us and the Pickens miss hurt us for immediate depth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2019, 8:56 PM

0%. The only thing affecting Ealy is where he’s drafted in the MLB Draft in June

It doesn’t if he’s worth a ####. Big time players are not

Feb 2, 2019, 9:03 PM

afraid of competition. That’s why we had so many great QB’s. They weren’t afraid to sign and only transferred when they did not win the starting job. That’s how it is at elite programs. Get used to it.

Ask your mom goober***

Feb 2, 2019, 10:25 PM

Re: Ask your mom goober***

Feb 2, 2019, 10:44 PM

?

Re: Ask your mom goober***

Feb 3, 2019, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Ask your mom goober*** ]

Immature

Feb 3, 2019, 7:42 AM

I don't think it affects his decision at all. He can commit Feb 6th and be gone before the summer comes based on his baseball draft position and final decision. He would be a great add. The Tigers are in a great position either way.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Ealy is a 1st-rounder in the MLB draft he should go

Feb 3, 2019, 7:44 AM

If the baseball thing doesn't work out, he can still come back and play college football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Ealy is a 1st-rounder in the MLB draft he should go

Feb 3, 2019, 8:39 AM

True. He could play the summer rookie league and show up for fall practice. Once he sees what the minor leagues are really like, he'll see how much better all of the Clemson facilities are in comparison.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic