Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did we get here??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

How did we get here??

Jan 9, 2019, 1:33 PM

Two national titles in three years! Four CFP appearances in a row. Relative blowouts of Ohio St, Notre Dame and Alabama. Unbelievable! How the heck did Dabo get us here? I've been thinking about that over all my holiday driving and such and here's my conclusion, in no particular order:

* He had a goal. Like he always says, he dreamed big. He set lofty goals. Not just winning seasons, or win the conference or a great bowl game, but THE national championship! And he was serious! How many new coaches seriously come in with that as their goal?
* He had a plan to achieve the goal. Goals without plans remain dreams. But he had a plan and he has executed it to near perfection.
* Great people. He has surrounded himself with great people. But more than great position coaches, etc, people who fit in the family. Unlike Bama, for example, who has lost over a dozen coaches in just a few years, we've lost next to none, despite high demand for several of them. They love what they do, they love who they're doing it with, and they love where they're doing it. He's looking for team players, not just great coaches.
* Recruiting. As he's said, they want good people first and good players after that. You can teach position skills. You can't teach integrity and character. He'll gladly eschew a questionable 5 star for a high quality preferred walk-on.
* Culture. He has established a one-of-a-kind culture. Clemson football isn't just a team. It's a family. Listen to all his speeches, etc. What parent wouldn't want their son spending 4 or 5 years under his leadership??
* Attitude. I can't imagine anyone more positive than Dabo. That feeds down to the players. Positivity regarding the program, the game, or anything. He is unflappable and he attracts players who are like-minded, like TL. He believes in himself and in his plan. Not in an arrogant way, but in a confident way - two similar but very different things. And he gets his players and coaches to believe as well. It's infectious, and it's incredibly productive.
* Character. He is a man of integrity. He leads the program with integrity. He hires coaches with integrity. He recruits players with integrity. And integrity and character ultimately pay strong dividents.
* Environment. Want someone to feel special? Treat them special. From the family atmosphere to the new facilities, new Tigers have to feel like kings of the world the moment they step on campus. Not in a "big man on campus" kind of way, but in a "I am valued" kind of way.
* Ultimate goals. Produce great men. Great men can become great leaders and great athletes. Instill in them a strong work ethic and sense of self-responsibiility. Players are graduating at the highest rates ever, and winning at the highest rates ever. They take responsibility for their grades, their conduct, and their performance on the field.

I'd love to know what he wrote down on that paper when he ducked in to the storage closet after being made the interim coach. It wouldn't surprise me if some of these things were on it in some way.

We as fans and alumni are blessed to have him as the coach. What a great time to be a Tiger!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not my beautiful wife.

Jan 9, 2019, 1:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsSpAOD6K8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: This is not my beautiful wife.

Jan 9, 2019, 2:15 PM

Same as it ever was

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WInning the NC is not one of the team goals***

Jan 9, 2019, 1:38 PM

win the last game is***

Jan 9, 2019, 2:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WInning the NC is not one of the team goals***

Jan 9, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to WInning the NC is not one of the team goals*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh yes it is. Those boys did not come back for anything less***

Jan 9, 2019, 2:14 PM [ in reply to WInning the NC is not one of the team goals*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yes they did. Those boys came back just so they could

Jan 9, 2019, 3:08 PM

watch Dabo dance 15 more times in the locker room. They know as soon as they head to the NFL, they will never see a coach do a bad locker room victory dance again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, Dabo has said on multiple occasions that is not a goal

Jan 9, 2019, 2:18 PM [ in reply to WInning the NC is not one of the team goals*** ]

Win the closer is the goal. If that so happens to be the championship game, then it becomes the goal. But he wanted to make sure the program is not solely focused on the championship and views a season as "ruined" if we come up short.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like win the next game. But somewhere in there I think

Jan 9, 2019, 3:11 PM

the goals are win the opener, win the state (USC), win the conference (ACC), and win the closer (bowl and/or NC game). I think that's all of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How did we get here??

Jan 9, 2019, 2:07 PM

Dabo's a great coach, and our D coordinator is almost certainly the best in the country. Also, it can't hurt that our football facilities are ranked number 1 in the country. Yep, number one!! Add to that, an immense, beautiful stadium that seats over 82 thousand fans---more than many NFL Stadiums. And we have a great University president who fully supports our football program. I see things continuing to get better. Let's not forget that we have the best college QB in the country playing for Clemson, best RB, and best group of wide receivers nationally. And we appear to be getting better and better on the LOS. If we don't get cocky and let up, we should be a contender this coming season. I'd be surprised if we don't light it up recruiting-wise in the future. Right now, we have a top-5 class in the bank, with a number of them already on campus. OOORAH!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic