Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else wonder what logic the SEC used when they
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Anyone else wonder what logic the SEC used when they

Jul 31, 2018, 11:36 AM

selected Mizzou and TAM to join the SEC instead of FSU and CLEMSON???? Heads should have rolled on that horrific decision. Maybe the SEC teams were skeered of real programs that tend to beat them often.

Do those clowns still make decisions for the SEC, or are they still stuck on stupid???

The college football world was puzzled by those ignorant decisions, and time has revealed how truly ignorant that room full of idiots were. If they weren't fired then, then they should be NOW.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would Clemson want to join that redneck, football

Jul 31, 2018, 11:37 AM

wannabe conference?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

^^^watches football***

Jul 31, 2018, 11:39 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would Clemson want to join than redneck, football

Jul 31, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Why would Clemson want to join that redneck, football ]

I don't think CLEMSON was interested in doing that, but the SEC was stupid not to invite both ACC schools. We actually have a better chance of making the NC playoffs being in the ACC.

I could be wrong here, but I think if CLEMSON wins the ACC again this year, then it will be a record 4-in-a-row championships for doing that. Right now, CLEMSON owns the ACC IMO.

Re: Why would Clemson want to join that redneck, football

Jul 31, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Why would Clemson want to join that redneck, football ]

For the $13,000,000 more per team SEC teams were paid over ACC teams?

How did all that money work out for you and your

Jul 31, 2018, 11:58 AM

national championship trophy?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: How did all that money work out for you and your

Jul 31, 2018, 12:02 PM

The level of stupidity here at times is stunning. Hey, did you hear Clemson won the Natty in 2016?

UGA

Jul 31, 2018, 12:07 PM

Still doing less with moar.

Wait, what is stupid about pointing out that UGA hasn't won

Jul 31, 2018, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: How did all that money work out for you and your ]

a national championship even though SEC schools make on average $13M more than ACC schools?

Our football facilities are second to none even though we just poor folk from the ACC. By the way, want to count up how many national championships have been won by ACC schools since UGA won it '80?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Found one....***

Jul 31, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: How did all that money work out for you and your ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Coots and dawgs be like: hey our trophy case might be

Jul 31, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Why would Clemson want to join that redneck, football ]

empty but at least we're making money!

This is like the leg humper who was here a couple weeks ago bragging about higher television ratings for a game they lost.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Seems to be a lot of millennial mentality amongst $eCheat

Jul 31, 2018, 12:21 PM

fans.

blindly following eSECpn and their fakenews agendas

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I think they knew we would whip their collective #####.

Jul 31, 2018, 11:38 AM

FM addressed this yesterday. Our record is 7-2 over the last few years. Really embarrassing the sec. they wanted people they could beat every year and then Missouri came in and embarrassed the sec least

Footprint

Jul 31, 2018, 11:41 AM

The decision was solely based asked on the geographic footprint of the conference and needing to add states to get in more TV packages that would translate to more $. FSU and Clemson do them no good on that front.

^^^THIS^^^***

Jul 31, 2018, 11:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Footprint

Jul 31, 2018, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Footprint ]

I realize that they wanted more TV coverage (like the ACC adding ND which is NOT on the Atlantic Coast like intended), but to me, adding weak schools to a powerful conference only makes it weaker. Adding FSU or CLEMSON would have made it much stronger.

What's interesting is schools like Arky, TAM, and Mizzou actually make the SEC more like the SEC+SW conference. I think those schools are old Southwest conference teams. I think they wanted Texas too. We should rename their conference to the "SEC and SW and MORE conference".

Re: Footprint

Jul 31, 2018, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Footprint ]

The SEC East has certainly been down in recent years. On one hand I think Clemson would be a logical choice to join the SEC. As a Georgia fan though, I'd hate to have Florida, TN, Auburn, and Clemson on the schedule every year as conference games. I'd much rather have to deal with that disaster in Columbia, SC.

They went after FSU hard in the early 90s. A&M was

Jul 31, 2018, 11:45 AM

a great addition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else wonder what logic the SEC used when they

Jul 31, 2018, 11:46 AM

The answer is pretty simple.

South Carolina, and UF would have blocked it. They have veto power, so it was a non-starter.

Besides, playing in the SEC-least would have driven down our SOS.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else wonder what logic the SEC used when they

Jul 31, 2018, 12:01 PM

The logic would be expanding their TV network. Also the pushback from schools like the coots and Florida who want to be the only sec schools in their respective states.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Logic? It's never about logic.

Jul 31, 2018, 12:06 PM

It's always about lucre.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic