Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I see Ze'vain Capers has a couple CB's to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I see Ze'vain Capers has a couple CB's to

Jan 28, 2019, 2:20 PM

UofSuC. Guess we have no room.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I see Ze'vain Capers has a couple CB's to

Jan 28, 2019, 2:22 PM

Your guess would be correct.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wasn't "allowed" to visit last weekend

Jan 28, 2019, 2:24 PM

He's been out recruited. He didn't commit when first offered, but would have had he been here. The staff has moved on. Commitments are Honored, Offers are not open forever.

Seem to remember the same thing happening to a Midget DB that the Coots got a couple of years ago.

Re: He wasn't "allowed" to visit last weekend

Jan 28, 2019, 2:32 PM

Jaymest Williams

Jan 28, 2019, 2:34 PM

Although we haven’t actually had any WR commits yets have we? So we should still have room.

No room for a 3 star kid .. when you have 2 5 stars and

Jan 28, 2019, 2:36 PM

a 4 Star on the hook. Probably only taking 2 WR's anyway.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No room for a 3 star kid .. when you have 2 5 stars and

Jan 28, 2019, 2:43 PM

Good problem to have!

Jan 28, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I see Ze'vain Capers has a couple CB's to ]

I think our coaches know something we don't as hard as it is to believe. Julian Fleming and Rakim Jarret just to name 2 players both seeming to love Clemson I can understand this decision if it's what the coaches chose. But I have no inside info to back that we actually told him not to come.

Jan 28, 2019, 2:40 PM

If you’re rated as a 3 star and below and Clemson offers, you have about a one-two week window to make a decision. You never know when a more talented prospect is waiting in the wings. You snooze, you lose.

Jan 28, 2019, 2:52 PM

There are 2 5***** and at least 2 4**** prospects ahead of him on our board. This is another example of the Gamecocks improving their recruiting because we have higher rated prospects on our board. Our offering Capers is an indication he is a promising prospect.

As indicated above, apparently, Dabo and staff have told Capers we are moving on which would further indicate there must have been some positive feedback from one or more of those currently higher on our board.

I hope DJ will commit when he visits for the Spring game. This would be an inducement for those 5***** WRs to jump aboard along with several more 5***** and 4**** prospects we are courting at other positions.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How cool would it be if at halftime on the spring game....

Jan 28, 2019, 3:16 PM

somebody put a table at midfield and DJ put a Clemson cap on the table and made a commitment at midfield in front of 55,000 fans...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2019, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I see Ze'vain Capers has a couple CB's to ]

I think you have nailed it Joe!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 28, 2019, 2:59 PM

Just goes to show that when we offer you accept! Especially at that the WR position...You stall you recruited.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 28, 2019, 4:09 PM

Looks like we have at least one silent commit at wr that beat Capers to the punch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2019, 5:01 PM

We can’t take everyone. If Clemson offers you and you are only a high 3 at the time you better commit quickly. Best of luck to guy in 11 out of 12 games.

Clemson stopped recruiting him some time ago...

Jan 28, 2019, 6:04 PM

so as usual, Clemson is feasting at the head table and u of 5c gets the leftovers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson stopped recruiting him some time ago...

Jan 28, 2019, 7:39 PM

Interesting numbers:

Offers currently out for Clemson for the 2020 class. 84

Bama 162
AUburn 148
Florida 223
Georgia 181
LSWHO 203
Miss St 125
Arkansas 166
Kentucky 283
Missouri 112
USUCK 152
Ole #### 174
Tennessee 260
Texas A&M 144
Vandy 137

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic