Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense making strides, players say Tyler Davis "is a freak"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense making strides, players say Tyler Davis "is a freak"

Mar 11, 2019, 6:23 PM

Scrimmage Insider: Defense making strides, players say Tyler Davis "is a freak"

The Clemson football team held a scrimmage Saturday, and early returns show both the offense and defense holding their own. And then there’s freshman defensive tackle Tyler Davis, who is in a category of his own. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How bout the other 2 young DTs?***

Mar 11, 2019, 6:36 PM

Re: How bout the other 2 young DTs?***

Mar 11, 2019, 6:49 PM

HOT DANG !!!!!!!!!!!! We got us a ""BABY DEX"" --- I can't wait to see him grow up before our eyes !!!!

I hope the "Baby Dex" reference . . .

Mar 11, 2019, 7:40 PM

and the constant praise lauded on Tyler made everyone smile and even relax a bit about our DT situation for 2019!!!

I'm still grinning from ear to ear!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is extremely good news. Probably the #1 guy I was

Mar 11, 2019, 8:08 PM

hoping could contribute early.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tyler!

Mar 11, 2019, 8:43 PM

The fact that this offense line, which has been going against one of best defense lines everyday last year, is saying that about him speaks volumes!!! Wow

Re: Tyler!

Mar 11, 2019, 10:17 PM

This is some fine news, indeed. I'm hoping Xavier Kelly gets back on track as well and our 2 deep is actually a strength come August!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"This is a special team in the making...."

Mar 11, 2019, 10:38 PM

Wow... just WOW!!!

Go Tigers!!!

Great Point About OL quality competition!

Mar 11, 2019, 10:52 PM

Our OL has meet Bamer and (our own)CU DL and held it's own against both. I agree, "it speaks volumes they think so high of TD13"!
Unless Pinckney and Williams just eat cup cakes and twinkies and don't lift and condition all summer; I see DT not being an issue next season. We need Williams and Pinckney to be the main guys especially early until the other guys get some game reps under their belts. After some reps; I think we'll be just fine at DT.
Darnell Jefferies is a guy I am really excited to see play! Logan Cash as well is going to be an awesome contributor. Wish he would gain about 20 more lbs. but in today's game against some opponents you need lighter(if 270 is lighter) guys to make runs at OL who don't get off the field.
Tayquan Johnson is another kid I think will come in and see early action for us and will play well. He should have easily been a 4 star player; but they only have so many slots.
This summer and the S & C program will be a key factor in how solid our DL and really the entire defense is overall! 1st order of business is to stop the run; if you can't do that the rest don't matter really. Our DT's will be fine; just knock on wood we stay relatively healthy. At least early on until the young guys get some quality reps!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense making strides, players say Tyler Davis "is a freak"

Mar 11, 2019, 10:44 PM

That is awesome. Tyler is exactly what we need.

This is the best news so far. Awesome!

Mar 11, 2019, 11:02 PM

Hopefully Baby Dex can keep going.

Reload, baby, reload!

Mar 12, 2019, 6:14 AM

Just sayin'!

Get that boy some ostarine!***

Mar 12, 2019, 8:05 AM

Re: Get that boy some ostarine!***

Mar 12, 2019, 8:11 AM

Yep and another National Title. Maybe you guys can score in your next trip to the Belk Bowl this next season.

Re: TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense making strides, players say Tyler Davis "is a freak"

Mar 12, 2019, 9:03 PM

Darnell has the potential to be a great one if the light goes on and he decides he wants it. Really needs s&c and put on 20-30 lbs of good weight or he’ll end up with garbage time reps.

Hopefully the youngsters will get his motor running.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 9:23 PM

kerigantoo®

His motor looks great on his video. That is why I am so anxious to see him suit up for the Tigers. He RS last year! I think he comes in and plays lights out next season.

He certainly is good enough to push the starters enough to where they won't get complacent!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic