Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How are you guys watching NFL games . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

How are you guys watching NFL games . .

Jul 8, 2019, 1:46 PM

What TV service do you have? I have DirecTV and would love to get rid of it. But for example, Dish doesn't give you NFL games, jusy whatever is shown on your local TV station. And with all the TV choices out there, I know a lot of you are watching TV by other means. So how do you get to see NFL games? or MLB, or ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How are you guys watching NFL games . .

Jul 8, 2019, 1:49 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2019, 1:52 PM

So a smart TV and pay for this service . . . . stream the games. How's the quality?

Re: I don't use a smart TV

Jul 8, 2019, 3:48 PM

just HDMI cable to my dumb HDTV from my beater laptop.

It's just a webpage type of stream, similar to YouTube. You'll want an adblock, and some patience. But, it's free. As long as someone is streaming it, it is anyway.

Same with UFC, CFP, MLB, etc...

Pretty much a subreddit of anything you want

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2019, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: How are you guys watching NFL games . . ]

Glitch Tv via Firestick or Nvidia shield.$ 20 per month for unlimited TV channels, movies and sports. Includes all NFL teams. More dependable and better quality than directv now, Hulu and spectrum tv.

Jul 8, 2019, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: How are you guys watching NFL games . . ]

TS_Tiger® said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/

I stopped watching NFL games when Kapperdick started kneeling. Didn't even watch the Superbowl.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2019, 1:53 PM

PEOPLE STILL WATCH THE NFL?!?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2019, 1:54 PM

what teams do you need to watch and where are you? I'm local for the Saints and you can get ALL games free over the air, even when they have special games on NFL Network or MNF, they simulcast them on local stations.

Jul 8, 2019, 5:42 PM

I'm in SC, but I watch all the Baltimore Sports. No Charlotte, no Atlanta. So I need a way to get Ravens, Orioles feeds. That is easy with Directv, but they are getting beyond ridiculous. But I don't want to hook this to that, wifi this, stick that, etc. I want to turn something on and watch :) I want it as simple as it can be, or I won't like it.

Jul 8, 2019, 5:46 PM

Also, I now have 3 Tvs in the house fed by Directv wifi ( mini Genies ), but a total of 4 TVs ( one is the main and is wired ). So anything I do needs a way for all the TVs to be involved.

Jul 8, 2019, 7:47 PM

Reddit

Jul 8, 2019, 8:21 PM

I have no idea what Reddit is??

Jul 8, 2019, 8:08 PM

Reddit streams and I use mirror from my phone or laptop. Easy peezy. Had the NFL pkg for Houston for FREE

Jul 8, 2019, 8:20 PM

I have no lap top, don't like them. I don't use my phone for any social media or the like. So see, it isn't was easy peasy for everyone. But I do have a smart TV, so anything that can be done on a lap top should be able to be done with it . .right?

I like watching TV on my laptop. To me, a 14" screen on my

Jul 8, 2019, 10:00 PM

lap looks bigger than the 55" TV across the room. I can certainly read the small ###### scrolling across the bottom on the screen, better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have DirecTV, cancel it, and when they call the next

Jul 8, 2019, 8:37 PM

day to beg you to come back, they will offer you a full free season of NFL Sunday Ticket as one of the perks to come back. Along with the $200 gift card! I am paying $55 per month. If I keep it for six months, my net cost is $21 per month! And I have every sport package I can think of, including every NFL game!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you have DirecTV, cancel it, and when they call the next

Jul 9, 2019, 12:54 PM

I called,1 hr 21 minutes on the phone. terrible. Told them I'd be leaving at the end of the payment cycle.We'll see if they call. So if I went with Dish, I'd have to find another way to get NFL, which is the reason for my post here. Dish can supply similar hardware to what I have now to run all the TVs, wireless. Part of the Directv problem is loosing the local stations now as they "negotiate" . yeah right. Like they didn't know this was happening?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic