Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An Immigration Parable
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 661

An Immigration Parable

Apr 15, 2019, 3:01 PM

Let's say we all live in the neighborhood together. Lawd help us all if that was the case, but let's pretend.

Let's say I'm obsessed with the coyote problem. I really ####### hate coyotes and all the trouble they bring into the hood. I go on and on during HOA meetings about it. I post endlessly on the neighborhood Facebook page. I warn that they could kill your dogs and cats, and maybe even hurt your kids. That last part is unlikely, but whatever, I make a case anyway.

Let's say a lot of the folks in the hood agree with me and sign on to my efforts to catch em and kill em. I get quite the anti-coyote following. We push for the HOA to grant us open season on em.

But let's pretend you, John Q. Tigernetter reading this post, doesn't really like my zeal. Maybe you don't see it as that big of a deal. Maybe you don't like the idea of coyote vigilantes running lose in the hood. Or maybe you are disturbed with my treatment of coyotes. Let's say that's the biggest issue: you think what I'm doing is inhumane.

And you have a few other neighbors agreeing with you. Enough to throw a wrench in my HOA plans.

So, one night, after I catch a bunch of coyotes, I decide I'm going to teach you and the others a lesson. Instead of disposing of the coyotes, I decide I'm going to turn them all loose in your yards.

Now some of them might go about their way without anyone ever knowing. Others might actually do what I warned: they might kill your dog or even harm your child. But some of them may venture to other yards and cause damage there, even to the people who support my efforts.

Now, I had the option to dispose of those coyotes and end the danger I warned you about. But instead, I chose to take a vengeful route and expose the entire neighborhood to the potential threat.

Who do you think all my neighbors are going to blame? You, the one who opposed the issue, or me, the idiot who turned them loose in your yards?

I hope I don't have to get anymore obvious with my metaphors to make my point. Trump's plan to release immigrants into sanctuary cities is petty and punitive, and it completely contradicts his previous arguments. Yours as well if you said we should keep immigrants out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

*loose in the hood.

Apr 15, 2019, 3:05 PM

I actually do know the difference. Clumsy fingers today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

A Tigernet P&R Limerick

Apr 15, 2019, 3:10 PM

There once was a man named Catahoula,
Who thought himself smarter than Don Shula,
With a few keystrokes from his hand,
He'd create a straw man,
and if you were dumb he would fool ya.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don Shula ain't very smart. Signed,

Apr 15, 2019, 3:20 PM

Joe Namath.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Tigernet P&R Limerick

Apr 15, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to A Tigernet P&R Limerick ]

A++

But you know, to create a straw man, I'd have to be twisting around your argument.

I could beat Don Shula in Tecmo Super Bowl.

"twisting"

Apr 15, 2019, 4:21 PM

lulz

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got it. Mexicans are Animals. Thanks Trump.***

Apr 15, 2019, 3:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How are you going to dispose of the coyotes otherwise?***

Apr 15, 2019, 3:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't if you love rabbits, mice, rats and snakes.***

Apr 15, 2019, 3:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us instead say that Mexicans are not animals.

Apr 15, 2019, 3:16 PM

Let's also say you dumped them, not with the people who fear them but those who know that with food, habitat and safety conditions they are safe and secure from those like you who would like to obliviate them.

'Dumped,' is the liberal term for Mexicans being released from border patrol if it happens in sanctuary cities. Honest, with the restraints our border guard have on keeping them, feeding and housing them until it's time for their hearings Mexican are being dumped already. The problem is the illegal population is growing in a few of the cities nearest the border.

That shouldn't surprise you if you kept up with the vast numbers we're catching daily now. Who know how many die in the desert or pass through unseen?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An Immigration Parable

Apr 15, 2019, 3:24 PM

Is that you Jesus?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Jesus wouldn't kill the coyotes. Maybe.***

Apr 15, 2019, 3:26 PM

Imagining the coyotes in this lesson are intead

Apr 15, 2019, 3:25 PM

TheJackal1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 3:29 PM

If your neighbors have the intelligence of Trump supporters, they will almost certainly blame the victim and praise you.

You are a brutal, malicious and contemptible troll.

Apr 15, 2019, 3:34 PM

You contribute nothing to a conversation and ignorance disgraces Clemson, Clemson grads and embarrass your mother. Tnet would indeed be better and better off without you.

Re: You are a brutal, malicious and contemptible troll.

Apr 15, 2019, 3:41 PM

But Memphis doesn't bother you. Yeah, cry me a river.

Memphis is somewhere 30+ IQ points above your level.

Apr 15, 2019, 3:48 PM

His IQ is way above a moron.

What beer do we bring to the coyote round up?***

Apr 15, 2019, 4:16 PM

Anything except...

Apr 15, 2019, 5:00 PM

Any of the millions of ####### IPAs out there. They are as bountiful and horrendous as the coyotes, and should be slaughtered in the same fashion.

And Bud Light.

What about the idiot who won't build wall to keep coyotes out

Apr 15, 2019, 9:42 PM

to begin with?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Think about keeping a raccoon out of the garden. Good luck _***

Apr 15, 2019, 10:32 PM

So, don't try to at all?

Apr 15, 2019, 10:53 PM

Maybe that is not what you are saying and I am reading it wrong. Maybe.

Never had a raccoon problem with any garden though...plenty of deer and rabbits. They always tasted good with the vegetables they didn't have a chance to eat!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Apr 16, 2019, 5:41 AM

A wall would stop a coyote. Also, Trump doesn't care what people in the sanctuary cities think. Those cities are in states that are going Dem anyway. Just playing devil's advocate.

Apr 16, 2019, 8:23 AM

They are?

Is New Orleans in a state that's going Dem? Is Iowa City in a state Trump is going to punt on? Is Dekalb County, GA in a state Trump is going to lose? Kalamazoo, MI? Jackson, MS? How about Wake, Durham, and Orange Counties in North Carolina? Trump's just giving up on NC, huh? Seventeen sanctuary counties in Pennsylvania. Good to hear Trump is done in PA. Arlington, VA? Can we talk about New Mexico?

Apr 16, 2019, 8:35 AM

The sanctuary cities he would put them in would be liberal areas.

Apr 16, 2019, 8:42 AM

I doubt he's that smart. But even if he is, sanctuary cities in purple or red states will obviously worry they're next. There's no way this ends well for him.

Which proves my point.

Apr 16, 2019, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: An Immigration Parable ]

He's told us this whole time they're dangerous, but he's okay releasing them to liberal areas to prove a point, which, if he's correct on his first assertion, would be endangering all Americans.

Idiots like Trump don't realize that while some areas may be mostly "liberal" or "conservative," there are plenty of people in between the ideologies in those areas.

I thought these were our future lawyers and doctors though

Apr 16, 2019, 9:40 AM

Why wouldn't those people in between ideologies welcome them with open arms....Unless they're racists too?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which proves my point.

Apr 16, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Which proves my point. ]

He is only the president of conservatives in his mind.

Replies: 28
| visibility 661
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic