Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honest Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Honest Question

Sep 26, 2018, 9:57 PM

If say, week 7 or 8, TL gets injured.. can KB give up his redshirt and play? I thought Alabama had some agreement of that sort with Jalen Hurts.. Is that true?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honest Question

Sep 26, 2018, 10:01 PM

He quit. He's burning a red shirt year as a result but he isnt standing there with a headset waiting to come in. PLus in you scenario he wouldnt have taken a live snap in about a month. It a ridiculous premise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 10:04 PM

But what is his benefit in leaving the program now? Couldn't he stick around and continue to at least practice with the team and still transfer after the season?

Message was edited by: Clemson_Chris®

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 10:19 PM

KB does not have to sit out next year since he earned his degree. He is allowed to go to another school and play immediately as long as the new school offers a graduate program that is not offered at Clemson.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/tracking-division-i-graduate-transfers

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 10:23 PM

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=899775d3-3e11-4d93-9c5c-ee1abc511099

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Supposedly Dabo gave him that option and he chose

Sep 26, 2018, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Honest Question ]

not to take it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Honest Question ]

That is what the coaches wanted him to do from how I understand it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He declined that offer.***

Sep 27, 2018, 12:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Honest Question ]

Dabo offered to let KB stay on the team but not play

Sep 26, 2018, 10:24 PM

in games, in order to preserve his redshirt so he could transfer somewhere else next year. KB said no.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If true that makes his decision even worse for him and us

Sep 26, 2018, 10:50 PM

That's no way to treat your team and if you need to get better at passing (and he does) to be NFL caliber, he could use 6+ months with a QB coach.

Re: Dabo offered to let KB stay on the team but not play

Sep 26, 2018, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Dabo offered to let KB stay on the team but not play ]

Why? Just because he was upset about being moved to 2nd string?

Yes! In a nutshell.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:02 PM

Which draws the most recent comparison with how Feaster faced adversity and Kelly Bryant ran from it. Sure no Clemson fan wants to put it that way, but the proof is in the pudding.

KB staying and not playing was the worst option for everyone

Sep 26, 2018, 11:09 PM

We need a backup to practice as the backup, not with the scout team. So Bryant would not get to practice with the first or second squad. That wouldn't have been of much benefit to him. Then if we really needed him in the last game of the year, he'd have to make a decision right there on the spot, which would be unfair. I think this is just the best thing for all concerned. I'm sorry KB has let his emotions get the best of him, but I'll pull for him AND Lawrence next year.

Re: KB staying and not playing was the worst option for everyone

Sep 27, 2018, 12:48 AM

It seems like it would be more beneficial for KB to stick around and at least continue improving his game and then transfer next year. Then he would have the option to come in if our other QBs got hurt and he could get some significant playing time. Or there's the chance that he regains his starting spot if TLaw doesn't continue to perform at the same standard. Dabo only named him the starter for the Syracuse game, not the rest of the season. Kelly seems to be making decisions based off of his emotions, not what is really best for himself or the team in the long run.

Re: KB staying and not playing was the worst option for everyone

Sep 27, 2018, 1:09 AM

It should be pointed out that Dabo basically put TL at 1A and KB as 1B. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe Dabo intended on KB getting series in the game just like when TL was 1B.

Deanster

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct...

Sep 27, 2018, 7:57 AM

However, it turns out that Kelly was only a "team man" if he was 1A... otherwise, he burns his bridges with a temper tantrum and cheap shots at the coaching staff. In spite of everything he's done for Clemson, his attitude speaks volumes about where his head really was. Too bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic