Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Holding our own against the "Big C"...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Holding our own against the "Big C"...

Jun 12, 2018, 2:49 PM

Hi, y'uns

Just to let you guys and gals know we're doing OK in this battle. It's been a year since we got diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer. The early-on chemo and continuing Keytruda has kept it in check pretty much since November/December. Having an almost perfect antibody match for this immunotheraphy drug has been a Godsend to us.

CT's in November, February, and April have been very, very similar with no progression observed. We have one scheduled for the 22nd and meet with the Dr. on the 27th.

I just want to thank all of you for your prayers and concerns for us the past year. Having extended families at Church, the Wells Fargo Championship, Tigernet, Gaston Hematology and Oncology, and others has been a blessing to us all. We take this a day at a time, enjoy life a day at a time.

I want to thank all of you for putting up with me and my crazy posts, replies, and comments for the past 15+ years. I have met a few of you, but have gotten to know many through the dialogues we've had. A lot of it is in fun for sure, but my love of Clemson and my friends here is unquestionable.

Keep Sandy in your prayers. Some days, it's harder on her than me.

Blessings to all of you....even the South Carolina fans who post here....

71PR, Ron Wright

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Holding our own against the "Big C"...

Jun 12, 2018, 3:27 PM

Best of luck and prayers for you and your family during this difficult battle.

Jun 12, 2018, 3:32 PM

Best wishes to you...hope you beat it. Will be praying for a good recovery.

Jun 12, 2018, 3:37 PM

I was worried about you since I have not seen a post recently. Glad to hear from you and your ability to hang in there. The small victories add up to large ones. Prayers for your continued improvement and to your family for patience and hope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2024, 6:14 PM

Great news! God bless you.

Glad to hear you are responding well ! Go Tigers !***

Jun 12, 2018, 4:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 4:30 PM

Great news nd I pray you will continue to get good reports. Cherish every moment.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GREAT NEWS Ron! And you just keep on keeping on!!

Jun 12, 2018, 5:56 PM

with the good reports!

GO TIGER!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jun 12, 2018, 6:04 PM

Wishing every blessing on you and your family. Hang tuff, Tiger!

Jun 27, 2024, 6:31 PM

Prayers up for you and the family my friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 7:15 PM

Great news. Keep fighting & we pray the good reports keep coming. May GOD bless you & your family.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 7:43 PM

Blessings to you PR71 and may next scan and results continue to be great news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 8:21 PM

My mom was taken from me by lung cancer in 1987 , and I know only too well the fight that is involved . Today the treatments and therapies are so much better and more dialed in . Good sir I hope that you win this thing and you should know that even though we are total strangers I support you and your daily battle and feel sure in my heart that it is a test that you will overcome .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

TD23

Jun 14, 2018, 10:10 PM

We lost Dad--Class of 1941--in December 2008 of congestive heart failure, and Mom 8 years later of just old age. She was 101 and went slow, like Dad. It hurts a lot to see their decline.
Sandy's parents went quick--both had sudden cardiac events.

Thanks for your prayers.
we can never have enough and we'll keep you inours as well.

Ron

Jun 12, 2018, 11:02 PM

Keeping you and Sandy in my prayers. I've heard wonderful things about these immunotherapy drugs. God bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 11:02 PM

Thanks for the update, 71. The fact that you are giving us your one-year report is a very good sign. Praying that you'll continue to keep this monster in check, and that you and Sandy both remain strong.

Jun 12, 2018, 11:28 PM

Bless you 71. I lost my wife in 2014 at 44 years of age (and a nonsmoker) after a 2 year battle with Lung Cancer. She was classified as Stage 4 out of the gate, and her big break was discovering she was EGFR positive. The initial diagnosis was that she only had a very brief time to live. EGFR positive opened up a drug called Tarceva that gave her an extra 15 months she likely would not have had otherwise. When the cancer became active again after those 15 months, she stopped taking the Tarceva. We were waiting on the Tarceva to wash out of her system to try a new targeted therapy when she had a massive stroke that ultimately took her life. My heart goes out to you and your family. I know this difficult road all too well. I live in Clemson about a mile from campus. If I can ever help with anything, please let me know. Chip

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chip

Jun 14, 2018, 10:15 PM

We're in about every 2-3 weeks to see Jeremy. His home is between

Daniel and Edwards there on RC and Moonpie Road.
we'll give you a holler next time we're down there.

Keep fighting, TNet will keep praying.***

Jun 13, 2018, 2:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2018, 6:08 AM

Continued support and prayers!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep fighting and always remember that the “C”

Jun 13, 2018, 6:31 AM

In Christ is much bigger than the “c” in cancer. I’m 5 years cancer free and my faith and family is what brought me through it. Prayers to you as you beat this thing.

Thanks for the update

Jun 13, 2018, 6:42 AM

I am glad to hear that you are responding well. We will keep praying for you. The Lord is good!

Moved back to Roanoke three years ago to be closer to two of our daughters. We miss the good folks in Rock Hill.

Jun 13, 2018, 7:33 AM

Keep on trucking brother. Heard a preacher one time talking about life. He said look at it this way, yesterday is a cancelled check, tomorrow is a promissory note so this day and moment in time is all we have, use it to it's fullest.

Prayers sent.

Jun 13, 2018, 7:53 AM

We're pulling for you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your attitude and endurance are inspirational sir

Jun 13, 2018, 9:01 AM

I will pray for continued faith and strength.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2018, 10:07 AM

I will hold you and yours in my prayers!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic