Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hmmm
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Hmmm

Oct 17, 2018, 5:08 PM

Well that is something

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmmm

Oct 17, 2018, 5:46 PM

Fraid I don't follow . Is this about drying out your skin ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

But she lived the struggle***

Oct 17, 2018, 5:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe Trumpie now owes her $Million now off bet.

Oct 17, 2018, 6:56 PM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 million dollars doesn't change a thing about either of

Oct 17, 2018, 7:12 PM

their lifestyles. 1%er's taking it to us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Believe Trumpie now owes her $Million now off bet.

Oct 17, 2018, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Believe Trumpie now owes her $Million now off bet. ]

Only owes her $977.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2018, 7:03 PM

I don't agree with many of Elizabeth Warren's politics, but her DNA test showed that she is somewhere between 0.098 and 3.125 percent Native American.

What difference does it make?

Politicians should be judged primarily on their policy positions as opposed to whether or not they may have exaggerated their heritage.

No conservative has any right to judge Warren for exaggerating her level of Native American heritage unless they are equally outraged every single day when Trump lies through his teeth multiple times.

Flame away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2018, 7:07 PM

As a disclaimer I should mention that I wasn't directing this at the OP. I've just been going back and forth between Fox News and MSNBC for a few hours the past few days and can't figure out why this is a bigger story than so many other more important issues.

because....

Oct 17, 2018, 7:09 PM

... that’s why!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2018, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm ]

We all have our bad habits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2018, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm ]

I think it points out that all politicians are liars, while Practically all of the news media outlets think only Trump and conservatives are liars. Trump lies about a lot of unimportant crap, while the other side likes to lie about more important issues. In Warren's case her lies seem pretty unimportant, except she may have filled a spot in college that should have been given to a real Native American.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It does make a difference when a polition lied

Oct 17, 2018, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm ]

to get into college on a minority grant and then kept the lie going while earning millions as a politician.

Re: It does make a difference when a polition lied

Oct 17, 2018, 7:18 PM

I would agree with that if it was clear cut that she only got where she is today specifically because of her supposed heritage or if that she had explicitly stated that her ancestry was above some specific threshold.

We may just disagree on whether or not her career is based upon her supposed Native American heritage or her own personal ability. I personally believe that everyone's success should be based on their ability as opposed to their heritage even though that isn't always the case.

she has the ability to lie to get ahead just like all

Oct 17, 2018, 7:24 PM

lawyers

Re: she has the ability to lie to get ahead just like all

Oct 17, 2018, 7:28 PM

I don't deny that she lied about her heritage in the 80's by changing her ethnicity from white to Native American and subsequently continued on with that story for decades. I just don't think it's nearly as big of a deal as it's been made out to be. Although I do understand why a hardcore SJW would be mad about it because they seem to want to make personal identity, race, gender, and ethnicity more important than the what a person actually does. I just think they are idiots for believing that.

Because, no one wants to

Oct 17, 2018, 7:41 PM

Check the 'White/Caucasian' box anymore. Go for the 'more than one'...and let's face it, that one's probably closer to reality for virtually everyone.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because, no one wants to

Oct 17, 2018, 7:46 PM

I may have been born a White Male, but I identify as a half Filipino, half Bangladeshi 8 year old female.

Re: Because, no one wants to

Oct 17, 2018, 8:38 PM

That just ain't right but I see what you did there :)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I don't and will never comprehend is why anyone would

Oct 17, 2018, 9:56 PM

identify as a coot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not about race, gender or whatever, it's about the

Oct 17, 2018, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: she has the ability to lie to get ahead just like all ]

pattern of many years of lying, why is certainly a character flaw. I could not care less what a politician's race, but I want to know their stance on the issues and would like to think they can be counted on to be truthful, though that may be a stretch!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not about race, gender or whatever, it's about the

Oct 17, 2018, 8:08 PM

I think you make a valid point. I really wish that we could count on politicians to be honest, but that seems to be a pipe dream. It's a bad sign that many of us would be upset with our loved ones for being dishonest to us, but we have grown to expect the politicians that represent us to lie to us about issues that are actually much more important.

Re: It's not about race, gender or whatever, it's about the

Oct 17, 2018, 8:40 PM [ in reply to It's not about race, gender or whatever, it's about the ]

Politician to truthful : Sh!t to Shinola : lawyers to morals

Go Tigers!!!

A couple of years ago , Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, the head

Oct 17, 2018, 9:29 PM [ in reply to It's not about race, gender or whatever, it's about the ]

of the DNC at the time, was caught in a lie on national television by Anderson Cooper, not exactly a conservative. Well, he called her out, yet she continued the lie. When Anderson, said,"I am not going to let you do that. It is not true." DO you kow what she did? Did she apologize? No sir. She said," It doesn't matter...". The head of the DNC caught in a lie on national television and she says,so what. Fellas, that was a paradigm shift in this country. And if we don't turn it around we are in deep trouble. Furthermore,if you watched the recent events and don't believe Feinstein lied, Chuck Schumer lied,Ford lied, and her lawyers lied, God help us.

Re: It does make a difference when a polition lied

Oct 17, 2018, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: It does make a difference when a polition lied ]

I think she got into an Ivy League school on that lie.

And a professorship.***

Oct 17, 2018, 9:32 PM

And a professorship.***

Oct 17, 2018, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: It does make a difference when a polition lied ]

Oct 17, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm ]

You're an idiot!!

I believe .015625 is the HIGHEST she could possibly be.

Oct 17, 2018, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm ]

That is 1/64th.....I bet she has a much higher percentage of Arian blood, or French, or Swedish....

Re: I believe .015625 is the HIGHEST she could possibly be.

Oct 17, 2018, 9:04 PM

I identify as 1/64th Vulcan .

You saying I ain't gonna live long and prosper ?

DB23

Oct 17, 2018, 7:58 PM

It's really not, but thanks for making it something.

You did it man!! GREAT JOB. PEOPLE WILL REMEMBER YOU FOREVER.

Oct 17, 2018, 8:01 PM

I think we're about to see exactly what Trump is wreaking by adding to his ever-growing enemies list. Again...keep in mind, I'm a registered Republican, though I am, uhm, concerned, at the moment. The math concerns me.

In particular, the math on the budget, which is psychotically, ridiculously unbalanced - Republicans are supposed to be the party of fiscal responsibility! - and the math about demographics.

The party's current direction of (seemingly deliberately) alienating every single ethnicity that is not white was never going to end well. Now the party is doing wonders to push even moderate educated white chicks (exactly like Elizabeth Warren, who falls somewhere between "Republican Lite" and "Conservative Democrat") permanently into the Democratic camp.

Trump actually lost the popular vote by three million and has steadily alienated big segments of America ever since. The Republican Party is pretty much walking to massacres in future elections.

There is a reason most politicians don't mock their opponents like Trump does. Throwing around terms like "Pocohontas" at a female US Senator...it's disparaging, and it'll seriously cheese off both Native Americans and educated white chicks because it's not just racist, it's also more than passingly dismissive towards women in general. Which is why most politicians would never, ever do it...but Trump just shouts it from a bullhorn, which delights his base...and makes the opposition just that much more determined. And larger.

Okay, then. We'll see how it goes, when a US president plays to his base, and only to his base, and doesn't care about making enemies of everyone else....

Oct 17, 2018, 8:10 PM

See you...in November.

Now, can we get back to football?

Oct 17, 2018, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm ]

You make several excellent points, as usual. I personally fall right in the middle of the ideological spectrum, being a bit more liberal socially and a bit more conservative fiscally.

I've always believed in the concept of letting good ideas speak for themselves and in turn sell themselves. That seems to be a bit of a fantasy these days with both sides being entrenched in partisan battles that are primarily focused on demonized the other side.

When the country was beginning to go further left post-FDR, William F Buckley was able to use his influence to express why his conservative views were superior in many regards without resorting to constantly denigrating the other side. Even if I don't agree with all conservative positions, I can always respect anyone that has a sound argument as to why they believe what they do.

Nowadays it seems that the party in power focuses only on blaming the other party for all the country's problems.

When it comes to fiscal responsibility, it's quite sad that the past two GOP Presidents have increased the deficit while the past to Dem Presidents have decreased the deficit (not debt). For anyone that believes in fiscal responsibility there doesn't seem to be a political party to fit that ideology at this point.

Oct 17, 2018, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm ]

Sorry Quozzel, but there is no such thing as a conservative Democrat, and if there were Elizabeth Warren would not be one. The people that Trump appealed to are sick and tired of politicians on both sides of the aisle, so I don't think he is concerned about offending either side. I'm not a Trump fan (as a person), bur support many of the things he is doing. I know a number of people who know him personally, mostly through business dealings, and I get mixed reviews ...... from "charming to be around" to "I wouldn't work for the crook". I think I am in the ""wouldn't work for him" camp!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop it Q!

Oct 17, 2018, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm ]

We need your sanity on football related issues. Quit analyzing political issues as they are no where nearly as important and can tarnish your image.

You rock - keep it real!

Go Tigers!!!

Elizabeth Warren has never been moderate. And Trump is no

Oct 17, 2018, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm ]

match for Maxine, Pelosi, Schumer, Holder,and Obama for alienating Americans. No match at all.Good grief ...if Warren is or was moderate....the Democratic Party is now full bore Marxist.

You mean like Obama did?***

Oct 17, 2018, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm ]

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic