Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey tnet! Have we finalized this week’s game plan?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,415

Hey tnet! Have we finalized this week’s game plan?

Nov 18, 2018, 5:30 PM

Sorry if germans - I’ve been cutting firewood, blowing leaves, and otherwise slacking off around the yard - but listen, the coaches and the team will be hitting the practice field tomorrow, and if we hope to stand any chance against an SEC opponent, they’re gonna need our best effort to pull this off.

Any links to the poasts with the best analysis of the Duke game and offensive and defensive schemes for Saturday would be appreciated!

Remember, they are nothing without us!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Hey tnet! Have we finalized this week’s game plan?

Nov 18, 2018, 5:39 PM

It’s sunday evening so I’m pretty sure the game plan is still in the works for the game Saturday night. For games such as this one it isn’t necessary to get the guys ready to play on either side and I know our coaches will be prepared to have the team show its best effort when the ball is kicked off about 7:10pm.

First quarter may not be exciting but you can bet the Tigers will get the job done. I suspect that our opponent isn’t a lot better than the eleven we have played this year thus far. Who would you compare them with? State, BC, Duke or who?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best tnet coaching minds are typically only available

Nov 18, 2018, 5:40 PM

for comment during the early stages of a game, and only if we don’t score with ease on our first drive. While gone now, I did jot down a few of the excellent points made by a few of these realists last night...

1) Our online is terrible.
2) ETN should get 30-40 touches per game.
3) If any defensive player allows a completion, they should be benched.
4) Our OCs are in over their heads.
5) Many posters “knew that was going to happen” after an unfortunate play for Clemson, even though they had never voiced that concern in the past.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Thanks FM. I feel a LOT better. I too, noticed these same

Nov 18, 2018, 6:34 PM

things from the upper deck last night. Good to hear the coaching staff will once again be able to come to tnet for all their coaching advice and guidance!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Football fans can be a fascinating bunch

Nov 18, 2018, 11:07 PM [ in reply to The best tnet coaching minds are typically only available ]

Last night, on EVERY no gain running play, "**** we can't block anybody." Yet, when we throw in a running situation it's, "run the ******* ball!" Then in 2nd half, long TD run, complete silence. Come on, at least give me a, "finally!"

There were even those around me wanting Trevor pulled in the 1st half. Some people really put the atic in fan.

Message was edited by: Tmax

Message was edited by: Tmax

Re: Football fans can be a fascinating bunch

Nov 19, 2018, 8:15 AM

I mean I’ll admit I wanted to pound the ball. Even after a gain of 1 I was saying run it again haha. That being said the coaches got it straight so I will concur and wait to get my game plan in to the coaches til after the first quarter Saturday.

It's going to be cold

Nov 18, 2018, 5:49 PM

No shot!
??

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

I keep hearing Etienne should have 40 touches

Nov 18, 2018, 6:37 PM

per game, just to make sure he does not have fresh legs for the playoff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 6:50 PM

If the temperature is real low, that should be an advantage for us, The Gamecocks, coming from the South will net be accustomed to this weather and their 3rd. year QB has never played under these harsh conditions. Another factor is their having these tough games in the SEC whereas, teams in other conferences play flag football . Their tough out-of-conference game with that powerhouse Chattanooga will have them worn down to a frazzle. Our biggest concerns may be in the Gamecock fan section where we will have the opportunity to see if their bottle throwing skills have increased and their proud middle finger salute to their coach and team is rendered on cue.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 8:16 AM

I only wish I could TU more than once

Nov 18, 2018, 7:10 PM

We should hand the ball to our RB on 3rd-and-1. Not sure we know how to do that yet.

Bill, at great personal expense (taken away from Harry Bosch

Nov 18, 2018, 10:34 PM

novel), I am forwarding my counter-intuitive strategic recommendations for the annual cluckerfest scheduled for this upcoming weekend. Much like we dealt with Duke and their abysmal ability to defend against the run (110 ranking this week) and their better ability to defend against the pass (33 ranking), I have already proposed to Dabo and OC's through secret transmission that Clemson proceed with bubble screens on our first 13 scripted plays. You see the Chickens defend the pass (35 ranking) better than the run (76 ranking). This reverse psychology, having failed against Duke in the early series will not register, with the Muskchamp who will be utterly confused and happy.

After 4 Tiger punts and an INT thrown by Rodgers on a "statue of liberty double reverse", our opponent's mother clucking fan base will be whipped into a lather as PBR sales' explode state-wide and public copulation escalates from the chicken houses, to the fields, back alleys and of course to the stands! And then when the air of gleeful possibility settles into their tiny little chicken brains, then and only then when overconfidence registers, when their feathers, gums and chicken necks are flapping and it's 0-3 Chickens, then our Tigers will move to strategery Phase II, when we will implement our jackhammer rushing attack led by "Thunder and Plunder" -- CW42 and DEXY90. We will run or detonate these two large explosive devices over the next 87 offensive plays until feathers go from ruffled, to singed, to plucked, to buckets of extra crispy. If you've never seen two jackhammers cut loose in a chicken barn, it can be messy.

Now I hope you understand Uncle Bill, per agreement with Dabo and the boys, that's all I can share until the game starts and we start losing and griping. Final score Tigers 63 - Chickens 3. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Block, tackle, throw and catch.

Nov 18, 2018, 10:37 PM

Fill the holes, deep penetration no wait, I drifted off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,415
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic