Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey everybody - our basketball team had a big win last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Hey everybody - our basketball team had a big win last night

Nov 15, 2018, 9:53 AM

Yeah, me neither.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I am failing to see how this was at all a big win?

Nov 15, 2018, 9:56 AM

Beating a team of that level only avoids an embarrassing loss. It isn't really a big win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its kind of like playing Furman or Wofford in football

Nov 15, 2018, 10:23 AM

There is no upside.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey everybody - our basketball team had a big win last night

Nov 15, 2018, 10:02 AM

I love our hoops team. It feels good to have a quality team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People who don't support our basketball team

Nov 15, 2018, 10:06 AM

support garbage and are garbage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People who don't support our basketball team

Nov 15, 2018, 10:15 AM

Is our team garbage?

Hey, you know what, some of us had 100% Larry Shyatt years

Nov 15, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to People who don't support our basketball team ]

of basketball and have deep scars. Just because you had some Barnes years don't mean jack.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS. Clemson wasn't worth Shyatt when I was there.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:28 AM

Then Oliver Purnell left us behind with memories of first round loses and his terrible breath.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but has Littlejohn ever been as vibrant as it was

Nov 15, 2018, 10:42 AM

during the OPP years? I don't much recall the Rick Barnes era.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a glorious time of him getting ejected from games

Nov 15, 2018, 10:44 AM

for arguing with Dean Smith

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Barnes years were fun.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:56 AM

He convinced us that Iker Iturbe and Bill Harder and Tom Wideman and Harold Jamison were good basketball players. Boogie, however, was a good basketball player.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try having to work on a group project with

Nov 15, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to THIS. Clemson wasn't worth Shyatt when I was there. ]

one of his sons.

How about the Tates Locke years?

Nov 15, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Hey, you know what, some of us had 100% Larry Shyatt years ]

WE DIDN'T EVEN CHEAT GOOD.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh WHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. Lemme tell you something

Nov 15, 2018, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Hey, you know what, some of us had 100% Larry Shyatt years ]

I would have given up a year or two of Rick Barnes basketball to not have been watching Ken Hatfield and Tommy West football.

Yeah, Bowden didn't set the world on fire but after Tommy West, just going into a FSU game with a 10% hope that we might pull the win out was something new.

You know why we loved basketball? IT WAS ALL WE HAD!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's weird how reluctant people are to go to games...

Nov 15, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to People who don't support our basketball team ]

...even with a top 20 team that just went to the Sweet 16. It looks like the students are showing up, but just about nobody else.

I looked up the attendance from OP's last year, and we were getting about 2000 more people for these early season games. We actually had about 1000 less people there last night after moving into the top 20 than we had in our first two games. Hopefully there'll be a big crowd when we come back from the Caymans and play in the ACC/B1G Challenge.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even know what the cost of games is now,

Nov 15, 2018, 11:09 AM

but even if it was $5.00 I would not have made that drive.

I think you can blame IPTAY for that, I know they pissed me

Nov 15, 2018, 11:12 AM [ in reply to It's weird how reluctant people are to go to games... ]

off so bad I won't ever buy season tickets again. Talking to people, I'm not the only one.

They had us "reserve" tickets back in like May or June. I wanted two tickets, paid I think half up front for them, then they would give me a date in August or so which I could go on and pick out the seats I wanted. I assumed you would be limited to the two tickets you reserved, and your selection date would be given based on your donation levels.

I was wrong, they let people go in and pick out as many seats as they wanted, regardless of how many tickets you had reserved earlier that year. That meant the bigger donors, who did get the first shot, went in and bought up basically all of the good seats. Large swaths of seats were empty the entire season, and judging from the empty seats last year, they haven't changed how they do the allotment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't get ahead of yourself, brother

Nov 15, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey everybody - our basketball team had a big win last night ]

I consider myself to be somewhat of a seasoned Clemson basketball fan these days....We'll know what we've got by February, before then is too early to tell. I've seen us fall apart too many times to get my hopes up.

I still remember a couple of years ago, we were having a great season. Played UNC very close at home, could have won that game. But we lost, and lost like the next 7 or 8 after that too.

I haven't watched this team yet this season, but from the scoring I surmise we're hitting a lot of 3's. Don't expect that to keep up.

Re: Don't get ahead of yourself, brother

Nov 15, 2018, 10:20 AM

I think if we stay healthy that we are definitely a top 20 team who will go to the tournament. That is still pretty solid.

I typically like to judge where our basketball team will be

Nov 15, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Don't get ahead of yourself, brother ]

somewhere around the first part of April.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched it, and care.***

Nov 15, 2018, 10:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

It did get me to spend 15 extra minutes.***

Nov 15, 2018, 10:57 AM

Our what team?***

Nov 15, 2018, 10:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic