Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK kids. Don't do drugs!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

OK kids. Don't do drugs!

Jul 6, 2019, 1:07 PM

The guy that came up with this obviously didn't learn that lesson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA3jDGot3tA&t=22s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like he said at the end, "UofSUC beat both Alabama and

Jul 6, 2019, 1:13 PM

Clemson. I can see one of them happening, but both upsets is probably not going to happen"

9-3 for the gamecocks would be a good year for them LOL 6-6 would be an incredible year for them. 5-7 is likely and 4-8 is a real possibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, if you gonna hallucinate, might as well do it big,

Jul 6, 2019, 1:20 PM

right? This video game was obviously based in Colorado, where there is a whole nother meaning to Rocky Mountain High these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK kids. Don't do drugs!

Jul 6, 2019, 1:37 PM

They can’t beat UGA, FL or TAMU and have one score games with Mizzou and Tenn but somehow upset Bama AND Clemson? Maybe that game slightly overweights the value of playing in the cockroach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and the Academy Award for best comedy is******

Jul 6, 2019, 1:46 PM

I was literally laughing out loud at this guy, then I realized

Jul 6, 2019, 3:16 PM

He's not mentally stable. Then I felt bad, for laughing at him.

Poor guy. I hope reality doesn't end up pushing him further into la-la land.

LOL...bless his heart...lol***

Jul 6, 2019, 3:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: OK kids. Don't do drugs!

Jul 6, 2019, 4:17 PM

Maybe I am too old, but is this just some guy playing a video game and calling it a "simulation"? If so, why is this newsworthy? I used to simulate the earth being destroyed by asteroids and I wasn't so narcissistic as to think people cared. Maybe I was wrong.

He's not playing, he's letting the CPU play itself

Jul 7, 2019, 6:24 AM

with updated rosters. A "simulation."

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's not playing, he's letting the CPU play itself

Jul 7, 2019, 7:56 AM

I am not a gamer - not even when I was a kid and Pacman was big, so pardon the questions. I assume that in the simulation mode, the user sets up some parameters or does the software just randomize all of them?

He may have tweaked the rosters

Jul 7, 2019, 9:38 AM

each player has ratings in different categories that affect their performance in the game. Speed, acceleration, breaking tackles, catching, etc. There are probably 25 or so various ratings.

Also he set up the difficulty level the CPU was playing at, which affects how gameplay works. The busted coverages tell me he was probably set on something lower than the highest level possible. In the last NCAA that they made you could set the offensive and defensive difficulties separately, so perhaps the offense is meant to outperform the defense (something I might do if I were trying to make entertaining YouTube sims, as most people prefer offense and it's easier to make a highlight package like this one if the offense dominates.)

After the overall difficulty levels, he may or may not have adjusted the sliders, which would affect specific portions of the game, such as how often a certain penalty is called, how well the OL blocks for running and/or passing. There are a lot of sliders that affect just about every aspect of the gameplay.

So he could have gone in and manually adjusted South Carolina's roster and overrated players, or done the opposite to Clemson players, but outside of that everything is going to affect both teams evenly unless he went through the trouble of balancing the sliders against the specific strengths of a team to try to force a certain outcome. My guess is his South Carolina squad is overrated, but you won't be able to tell just by watching so I don't know.

Hope that helps.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go big or go home!***

Jul 6, 2019, 5:44 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic