Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson lost Herschel Walker via coin flip?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Clemson lost Herschel Walker via coin flip?

Jul 22, 2019, 1:58 PM

We were so close to getting him:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/the-absolutely-coin-flip-unbelievable-herschel-walker-recruiting-story

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson***

Jul 22, 2019, 2:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Huh?

Jul 22, 2019, 2:02 PM

??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

by "coin flip" he means Trans Am in the driveway.***

Jul 22, 2019, 2:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: by "coin flip" he means Trans Am in the driveway.***

Jul 22, 2019, 2:16 PM

not to mention phone calls from the then governor and a new house for the family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: by "coin flip" he means Trans Am in the driveway.***

Jul 22, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to by "coin flip" he means Trans Am in the driveway.*** ]

I thought we offered the car and they bought momma the house.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stupid donor features***

Jul 22, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Huh? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

So the way I read this is that UGA "lucked" into their only

Jul 22, 2019, 2:11 PM

NC with a star player who didn't care if he was there or not. Just left it to random chance. When he puts it that way, that UGA NC just means less, even less than before

Is that what he calls the black Trans AM UGa bought him?

Jul 22, 2019, 2:11 PM

Maybe it was the full track scholarship Vince Dooley gave Hershel's sister Veronica even though Georgia did not even have a women's track program at the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Is that what he calls the black Trans AM UGa bought him?

Jul 22, 2019, 3:40 PM

Well at least she sent us her own son years later.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

There were LOTS better Herschel recruitment stories floating

Jul 22, 2019, 2:23 PM

around than coin tosses.....it was a wild time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah,a hundred thousand dollar coin landed in his lap.***

Jul 22, 2019, 2:45 PM

Herschel was going to be great no matter where he went

Jul 22, 2019, 3:35 PM

but that was a two-sided coin he flipped and that bag only had the dawgs on all of the pieces of paper in it...

this is how you know that this is just an old fishing story; if he REALLY was a good student, AIN'T NO WAY he thought that the money being paid by the Army and the lifestyle of a soldier was better than what he was being paid to sign an LOI and the lifestyle of a college and pro football player...

Guy's are trying to defer commissions to play pro ball, and he's talking about not wanting to disappoint Mama by ENLISTING in the Army?? I'm straight up calling bovine fecal matter on that...

OK but bottom line is:

Jul 22, 2019, 3:51 PM

Herschel Never crossed Clemson's Goal Line..

in THREE Years of trying!

And, another Heisman player named George Rogers had NO Luck in FOUR years of trying to score!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LBB, i know you've heard the story, but maybe others haven't

Jul 22, 2019, 7:34 PM

Herschel "died" and went to heaven. When he woke up, he was in full uniform with a football tucked under his arm and standing on grass that had 'Clemson' painted on it. He was confused, until he saw George Rogers in full uniform, with a football, walking over to greet him.
"How does it feel?" George asked.
"I'm not sure," Herschel responded. "I had hoped to go to heaven, but this Clemson stuff makes me think--"
"No, no, no! You need to relax! The Big Guy knows your heart. He figures your introduction to Heaven should be the one place you've always wanted to go but never got to."
"You mean--?"
"Yep, Herschel. Congratulations. We've both finally made it to Clemson's end zone."
And he fell on his knees and kissed the grass.

Exactly. His story is complete BS***

Jul 22, 2019, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Herschel was going to be great no matter where he went ]

And he played Clemson twice and scored exactly

Jul 22, 2019, 7:15 PM

ZERO. Excuse me...played us three times and scored ZERO. Same for George Rogers except four times. Just sayin.....

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m over it.***

Jul 22, 2019, 7:38 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic