Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Poll: Who's going to be the starting QB?!?!?!?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,428

Poll: Who's going to be the starting QB?!?!?!?

Aug 25, 2018, 11:12 PM

Oh wait. We did this and everyone failed miserably.

How about let's just let the National Championship coaching staff make the call?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poll: Who's going to be the starting QB?!?!?!?

Aug 25, 2018, 11:31 PM

When I picked Cooper I thought you meant for 2018 not 2017. I'll read better next time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2018, 11:42 PM

Pssttt... It'll be Kelly Bryant game 1, likely game 2 as well since Furman won't be much of a true test. Not a single person can tell you much past that... Not even the coaches who haven't named the starter past game 1, if they stick to what they've said so far about game 1. As far as starter mid way through the season, they haven't even discussed that once in any interview, at all.

Aug 26, 2018, 12:37 AM

I remember this poll. I think I picked HJ. Wasn't this right after a tnet article saying Zerrick has separated himself in practice?

Aug 26, 2018, 1:05 AM

Wait, so you are saying one and a half years ago, only 23% believed in KB... Because likely of his inconsistent passing. Fast forward, still has shown issues with inconsistent passing and the deep ball and now that percentage "should be ignored and now coach speak trusted" while he still has shown the issues all the way through the spring game that had 67% of this board not backing him? Just curious...

Thanks for the backup that shows this board at one time did not back him or trust him, and if people would be honest why that was then and look at if that reason they voted against him was fixed, might see some people still are looking at that very thing the next year and not giving it a "went to the playoffs" pass.

Coachspeak fools 90% of TNET 100% of the time

Aug 26, 2018, 6:54 AM

It's gotten to the point on TNET where anyone that states a factual observation gets bludgeoned by the coachspeak truthers. Coaches may use interviews to spread disinformation to our opponents or they may use interviews to try to encourage players. But, they never use interviews to tell TNET the truth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here’s one scenario that might play out........

Aug 26, 2018, 9:10 AM

Bryant starts the opener because he’s the senior, had a good fall camp, took us to the playoffs, yada, yada. Bryant starts game 2 in college station because of hostile crowd and his experience. Bryant basically plays like last year, but in each of the first 2 games, Lawrence comes in and makes it look easier and scores.......quickly and consistently, extending plays along the way.
We follow this pattern until it just becomes so obvious who the real starter should be and TL eventualy takes over. Just not sure how long it will take. Personally, I don’t care who starts but I think with a little gameday experience, TL might be our BEST chance to win a Natty.....IMHO.

So did you vote for Cooper?

Aug 26, 2018, 10:32 AM

??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Bryant but......

Aug 26, 2018, 11:22 AM

I would have liked HJ to have gotten a chance against Syracuse.

Aug 26, 2018, 10:36 AM

If I voted for that poll (which I tend not to do), I would have selected HJ, and to this day I still think was the best option since he can stretch the field. I still respect HJ and wish he had been given more opportunities instead of just playing in emergency situations or clean up with not much to do on his part. Personally, I am glad he chose to leave and now we might get to watch him play.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,428
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic