Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since we have accurately concluded that Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 183
| visibility 1

Since we have accurately concluded that Clemson

Nov 12, 2018, 2:46 PM

alumni are the true and real fans of Clemson football, I am curious how we can define a subset of fan levels among alumni. If someone stayed at Clemson an extra year and graduated in 5 years instead of 4, does that make them a better fan than someone who left the school after just 3 or 4 years? I mean, a person who stayed 5 years spent more tuition money at Clemson and had trouble leaving because they loved Clemson more, so I'd say yes. In ranking Clemson football fans, I'd say:

Real, True Fans
1) Clemson alumni who graduated in 5 years or stayed for grad school
2) Clemson alumni who graduated in 4 or less years and didn't stay for grad school

ROY Bus
3) non-alumns

Thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm on the ROY bus...

Nov 12, 2018, 2:49 PM

sitting beside Dabo.

Hth

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sorry Mr non alum, but Dabo and Kathleen were both

Nov 12, 2018, 2:51 PM

named honorary alumni back in 2017. Nice try though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I don't believe you. Hold on....let me ask him.***

Nov 12, 2018, 2:53 PM

null

You don't have to believe me, but it's true***

Nov 12, 2018, 2:56 PM

Re: Sorry Mr non alum, but Dabo and Kathleen were both

Nov 12, 2018, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Sorry Mr non alum, but Dabo and Kathleen were both ]

What if you only attended Clemson for 2 years?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd still be an alum***

Nov 13, 2018, 9:19 AM

Re: I'm on the short bus...

Nov 12, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to I'm on the ROY bus... ]

FIFY

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

TLdr

Nov 12, 2018, 2:50 PM

But while I'm here,
could you find it in your cold dead heart, to take a second and vote for the Ninety Six Wildcats?
TIA

https://www.wspa.com/mascot

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Done! Good luck Ninety-Six!***

I have an MBA from Clemson. Does that count extra?***

Nov 12, 2018, 2:51 PM

Graduate degrees should have more points in the system.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many years were you at Clemson as a student?***

Nov 12, 2018, 2:52 PM

I stand by my statement.

Graduate degrees should be extra. K? Thanks

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they should, unless it's in the liberal arts..***

Nov 12, 2018, 2:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: they should, unless it's in the liberal arts..***

Nov 13, 2018, 8:08 AM

For all graduates, non graduates and supporters of Clemson if you attend events, provide IPTAY funds or give to the foundation then you are a true fan.

By the way a Liberal Arts education is absolutely the best type of learning period!

Go Tigers ??!!

indeed. . I could never keep my crayon inside

Nov 13, 2018, 8:38 AM

the lines so I had no future in the liberal arts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

NERD!!!!!***

Nov 12, 2018, 10:12 PM [ in reply to I stand by my statement. ]

Re: How many years were you at Clemson as a student?***

Nov 12, 2018, 8:06 PM [ in reply to How many years were you at Clemson as a student?*** ]

I didn’t go to Clemson but have attended 50+ games. That counts for something!

Nov 12, 2018, 8:10 PM

you see? it's this kind of attitude that makes it so i don't TigerNet anymore.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yes it does!

Nov 13, 2018, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: How many years were you at Clemson as a student?*** ]

That counts for a seat on the ROYbus!

Nov 12, 2018, 9:36 PM [ in reply to How many years were you at Clemson as a student?*** ]

Does four years at Clemson as a member of the freshman class count as a true Tiger fan?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely! A real, true Clemson fan.***

Nov 13, 2018, 8:02 AM

You attended off campus in Greenville, right?

Nov 12, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to I have an MBA from Clemson. Does that count extra?*** ]

No extra credit until the on campus B-school opens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

That's a good call

Nov 12, 2018, 2:54 PM

Attending all of your classes in Greenville is basically like attending Furman. ie, not real fans.

If they had started their online MBA a couple of years

Nov 12, 2018, 4:18 PM [ in reply to I have an MBA from Clemson. Does that count extra?*** ]

earlier, I would have gotten mine through Clemson. I wonder what kind of fan that would have made me.

The ROYbus kind.***

Nov 13, 2018, 8:02 AM

Re: Since we have accurately concluded that Clemson

Nov 12, 2018, 2:52 PM

Maybe a 1.5 for the summer school crowd :) go tigers!

It's fine with me, but I'll still need an opinion from the

Nov 12, 2018, 2:53 PM

rest of the truest and realest fans

The logic is airtight, but I think you forgot to adequately point out the lesser Bridge Program fans

Yes, thank you for pointing out my egregious oversight***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:04 PM

If we’re going by tuition dollars

Wouldn’t out of state alums be better fans since they paid almost twice as much as the in state ones?

In a vacuum yes, but I'm just talking about more tuition

Nov 12, 2018, 3:06 PM

in the sense of more semesters on campus. I don't want to say someone who stayed for 6 years while on a free ride all 6 years isn't a real and true fan, so we need to use both qualitative and quantitative data here.

Re: In a vacuum yes, but I'm just talking about more tuition

Nov 12, 2018, 10:31 PM

By qualitative are you suggesting an eye test? Kinda like the CFB?

Also, ownership of orange overalls plus a Deere tractor count for something.

Overalls and a tractor are negative points now.

Nov 12, 2018, 10:51 PM

It's 2018.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You've got to factor in changes of Major too.

I mean, some of us changed our Major a couple of times because we couldn't pass required courses wanted more practice to become better fans.

Fanatics 401 was my best elective.

Don't worry, you're in the top category

Nov 12, 2018, 3:10 PM

alum + military, that puts you high up on the list. We will discuss further during the 2020 season when we will be tailgating together and I will be sitting with you and the HBIC in your seats. I'll bring lots of cold beverages.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Solid

Nov 12, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to You've got to factor in changes of Major too. ]

Fandom

why?***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:01 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Why not?***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:06 PM

then go by priority points, I have 1734, how about you?***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:18 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Are you an alumni?***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:26 PM

Sorry, you can't buy your way into beaing a real fan

Nov 12, 2018, 3:41 PM [ in reply to then go by priority points, I have 1734, how about you?*** ]

Unless it's by paying your tuition bill.

Alum with 0 IPTAY priority points = real and true fan
Non-alum with 10,000,000,000,000 IPTAY priority points = not a real and true fan

What got you all bent out of shape?

Nov 12, 2018, 3:01 PM

Why are do you want to rehash an old subject?

The bottom line is "real fans of Clemson football" pull for Clemson through thick and thin, display their colors, promote Clemson.

The only thing I can think of that differentiates alums from non-alums is that the connection and relationship will never be severed regardless (i.e. parent-child). Non-alums have the option to pack up and never be associated with Clemson (i.e. pro-team fan).

Quis Separabit?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What got you all bent out of shape?

Nov 12, 2018, 3:11 PM

I'm on the bus with President Clements, Dabo , and Brad Brownell since they are not alumni either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't speak Spanish so I don't even know

Nov 12, 2018, 3:12 PM [ in reply to What got you all bent out of shape? ]

what that last part says. HTH

that's latin my dear. .aparently clem is an educated man***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:21 PM

E ROYbus unum?***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:27 PM

eN despacito barrito***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:29 PM

Re: eN despacito barrito***

Nov 12, 2018, 4:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Maybe you should?

Nov 12, 2018, 4:13 PM [ in reply to I don't speak Spanish so I don't even know ]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quis_separabit%3F#cite_note-4

it's critical when determing who gets

Nov 12, 2018, 3:13 PM [ in reply to What got you all bent out of shape? ]

steak knives and who do not.

Sigh... married into it.

Nov 12, 2018, 3:10 PM

I just want to fit in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While you don't get all of the privileges, you still

Nov 12, 2018, 3:11 PM

rank pretty high on the list:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Dont-worry-youre-in-the-top-category-24464028#24464028

Need clarification.

Nov 12, 2018, 3:13 PM

Are we talking full years, number of semesters, total days?
Does the fall semester freshman year count as "year"?
What about Maymester?
TIA

you know who also weren't alums???

Nov 12, 2018, 3:15 PM

Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot, Spurrier, Jack the Ripper, OJ Simpson, Barack Obama

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Correct, and I am proud to report them as

Nov 12, 2018, 3:16 PM

not real fans

jhop, jessy, pee wee gaskins***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:31 PM [ in reply to you know who also weren't alums??? ]

What about the ones who have immediate family...

Nov 12, 2018, 3:15 PM

(Example: Brother and/or Sister) who attended and graduated from Clemson.

That's got to account for something to keep us off the ROY Bus. Or at the very least a front seat

Great question

Nov 12, 2018, 3:19 PM

If you marry into it like TotalTeeTiger® then you're elevated from the ROY bus but you still are not allowed to sing the alma mater. I'd assume if your brother played football at Clemson, you get elevated as well, or if you're still in high school and your siblings attend high school.

Otherwise, you're all out of exemptions.

what about those who didn't attend but still

give more $$ than you make in a year? Asking for a friend.

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Hang on, are you referring to how much I

Nov 12, 2018, 3:17 PM

actually make in a year, or how much the IRS thinks I make in a year? This distinction is important.

Re: Hang on, are you referring to how much I

Nov 13, 2018, 12:59 PM

Shocker, another ####### comment by RU4GOD2®!

I disagree that alumni are more fans of Clemson than someone

who did not attend Clemson. I am the 9th of eleven children, and the first to graduate college. I could not attend Clemson when I was accepted in 1979 because of my family's financial situation. My qualifications as a fan are as follows: member of IPTAY since 1983; have purchased season tickets for 36 consecutive years; attended 193 consecutive home games until sudden cardiac arrest incident prevented me from continuing streak in 2014; and last, but by no means least, hate everything garnet and black with every fiber of my being.

This supposition that alumni are better fans than non-alumni is trite and utterly unnecessary. We are all part of the Tiger family and Tiger Nation.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, those are impressive qualifications for sure!

Nov 12, 2018, 3:20 PM

Now get back on the ROY bus.

What if you were there between

Nov 12, 2018, 3:20 PM

2000-2003 and then 2006-2008 and only have a BS?

Great question!

Nov 12, 2018, 3:23 PM

First, you're an alum, so you are a true and real fan.
Second, you earn top tier real fan status because of the aggregated number of years you attended, plus you left and couldn't help but let momma call you back home to God's Country.

You're a top tier true and real fan.

YES!!!!

Nov 12, 2018, 3:33 PM

I love validation! Thank you!

I would go with ....

Nov 12, 2018, 3:21 PM

1) Chinese alumni ... because they traveled farther
2) Geology majors ... because they know what type of minerals make up Howard's Rock
3) Rowing athletes ... because they had to row on Lake Hartwell instead of Lake Keowee
4) Alumni from the 80s ... because they were there during the Ford years.

5) Everyone else.

Ima have to disagree with you on several of those points

Nov 12, 2018, 3:25 PM

Some of us suffered through some awful coaches but loved Clemson so much we stayed. Being there during the Ford years was easy, just like today. Being there for Tommy West and others...not so much.

Since my Dad

Nov 12, 2018, 3:28 PM

Graduated in 49, and I was born in 51, does that count that I’ve been a tiger fan for 62 years, although I graduated in 79 in 4.5 yrs? Need clarification please...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point of clarification...

Nov 12, 2018, 3:30 PM

You graduated from Clemson in 79 correct? It's important...

Re: Point of clarification...

Nov 12, 2018, 4:22 PM

Yes

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then not only are you a real and true Clemson fan, you are a

Nov 13, 2018, 8:07 AM

top tier real and true Clemson fan. You never have to worry about riding the ROY bus!

How many years was Lewis there? Just might

Nov 13, 2018, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Since my Dad ]

put him in a tier of his own.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another scenario question...

If you joined the military out of high school to serve your country instead of attending Clemson

BUT...

are still ALL IN for Clemson sports

I would appreciate that person's service

Nov 12, 2018, 3:32 PM

but we still have rules. It's never too late to go back and become an alum btw

What about those of us who love Clemson even after...

Clemson put us on academic probation?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You'd still be an alum***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:31 PM

Nice.

Nov 12, 2018, 3:36 PM

I’m gonna add that to my resume.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I would argue that academic probation

Nov 13, 2018, 8:54 AM

proves that you went all in for the Clemson experience!

That experience made you the well-respected person you are today...

Nov 12, 2018, 3:34 PM

Okay, here's mine. Graduated in 1964 in 4 years. Have been back since Spring of 2011 every semester except one through this semester.(That's 17 semesters, but who's counting?) Obviously not taking full load, but a couple a semester most times. Do I get to ride the Roy bus or no?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are not only an alum, but you are a top tier

Nov 12, 2018, 3:36 PM

alum, a true and real fan! You would not be forced to ride the ROYbus.

So what if someone didn't attend but donated $1 million

Nov 12, 2018, 3:35 PM

to good ol' CU? How are they classified?

Can you buy your way in?

Rules are rules. Alumni are real and true fans of Clemson***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:37 PM

Here's one for you

Nov 12, 2018, 3:40 PM

Graduated IE school in 3 years while working and raising a new born. Would have liked to drag it out longer but family is family. I did however go to all home games all 3 years as a student and stayed the entire game not leaving early like modern day students.

Well first of all, you are an alum and a real and true fan

Nov 12, 2018, 3:43 PM

so you do not have to ride the ROYbus with that chubbychaser DTU. Did you ever sit on the hill when you arrived on time and stayed throughout?

I did sit on the hill

Nov 12, 2018, 3:45 PM

and on occasion in the student section around the 35 yard line lower deck home side.

I have to be honest here, this one is tough

Nov 12, 2018, 8:02 PM

You're obviously a real and true fan and I have to believe you would have stayed at Clemson longer but you had a family to support. I think this deserves an exception to the top tier real and true fan.

Dabo, Venables are non-alums...

Nov 12, 2018, 3:41 PM

Where do they fall?

Honorary degrees don't count

Not everything is black and white here

Nov 12, 2018, 3:46 PM

Dabo is an honorary alum. Both men sent their kids to attend school at Clemson and both men have sons that wear the Clemson football uniform. My conclusion is as follows:

-Dabo is an alum and thus a real and true fan
-BV has earned it through his son playing football at Clemson, but he still should not be allowed to sing the alma mater.

Hth

jhop scok ^^^***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:46 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 12, 2018, 3:53 PM

Alums are alums, fans are fans, and if you wear orange on Saturday, you are family. Nuf'said.

I agree that fans are fans

Nov 12, 2018, 3:56 PM

But alums are real and true fans. Hth

Nov 12, 2018, 3:54 PM

Reason #2 on my reason's for divorce:

#2: She pulls for the coots!!

Does this count? I know I'm not an alum but my love for Clemson University runs deep and if my family could have sent two of us to college, it's where my heart would have lead me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you're sitting down for this one

Nov 12, 2018, 3:56 PM

you can sit in the front of the ROYbus

Re: I hope you're sitting down for this one

Nov 12, 2018, 4:02 PM

is that a good thing or a bad thing?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope you're sitting down for this one

Nov 12, 2018, 5:49 PM [ in reply to I hope you're sitting down for this one ]

GWPTiger® Lmaooooooo I cant tell if you’re serious or not. Having a college degree doesn’t mean you have common sense. My god, I almost feel embarrassed for you. WOW.

You sound like you belong on the ROYbus, just sayin***

Nov 13, 2018, 8:15 AM

Fan status check, please

Nov 12, 2018, 4:10 PM

1) Attended from 2001-2007
2) Took a full load for 12 semesters + 2 summer sessions to obtain a single degree
3) Attended at least one playoff game for 3 consecutive years

You are me

Nov 12, 2018, 10:32 PM

A decade later

^^^A real and true fan to the toppest tier***

Nov 13, 2018, 8:12 AM

Well then I am happy to report you are not

Nov 13, 2018, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Fan status check, please ]

just a real and true fan, but you are a top tier real and true fan McLovin. I thought about demoting you on the basis that I'm not sure which type of full load you took, but I'll assume you meant a full load of classes.

No ROYbus for you!

Nov 12, 2018, 4:22 PM

Does graduating in 5 with a 2.0001 GPA make you a fringe alumni with “thank god almighty for the miracle” honors sash and a lifetime opportunity to help fund IPTAY?

No, but it would make you a true and real Clemson fan

Nov 13, 2018, 8:14 AM

and place you in the top tier of true and real Clemson fans.

Whoa-look at this guy bragging about his GPA...***

Nov 13, 2018, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Since we have accurately concluded that Clemson ]

What bus do the UDP's get to ride on?***

Nov 12, 2018, 5:04 PM

Nov 12, 2018, 5:50 PM

Uh.....I think you might need a shrink for some talk therapy.

Look - don't be an ELITIST. There are plenty of HUGE Tiger fans who never attended/graduated CU. I'm 1, and I know dozens.

But, speaking for myself - my dad was at CU from 1941-46 (w/a year off to fight in WWII - GO VETS!!). He finished in '46 & came back to teach in '48. He retired as a CU engineering prof. in 1986. Along the way, he got a master's from CU & a PhD from MICH, but in all, 38 teaching at CU. My brother's each have 2 degrees from CU. I went to PC & finished at Claremore in OK (communications & music). My 1st CU game, I was 5 & 1/2 - 58 years ago. I have been at every home game since my 1st (unless work conflicted) & too many away games/bowl games to count.

Just to be even MORE clear, I was born & raised in Clemson. Do you think my credentials are good enough to be a REAL FAN?

Don't lump all of us "non-alums" in 1 pile, OK? I'll bet you right now, I've been to (minimum) 200 more games than you. Any thoughts on that?

Yes, I have thoughts on that and I am not being elitist...

Nov 13, 2018, 8:20 AM

I have reviewed your evidence here, have given many thoughts and prayers on the situation and this is my conclusion:

Your dad - A real and true Clemson fan in the top tier. Not only did he attend Clemson, take a break to win a world war and come back, but then he also taught and educated some more real and true fans. Your dad may be among the realest and truest Clemson fans of all time.

Your brothers - both real and true Clemson fans in the top tier of real and true Clemson fans.

You - ROYbus

Re: Yes, I have thoughts on that and I am not being elitist...

Nov 14, 2018, 2:10 PM

Thanks for reviewing my credentials & praying about my 2nd-class CLEMSON FAN predicament.

Now for my opinion: You should be banned from Death Valley for life. That must be the penalty for your brand of condescending ELITIST.

My super senior year was my favorite

Nov 12, 2018, 5:51 PM

Glad I didn't finish in 4. Once again my good friend GWPTiger® is spot on.

Nov 12, 2018, 5:53 PM

Not Alumni myself. My father, mother and brother as well as my dads parents all went to Clemson, I grew up going to games since I was around 2 ish.

Grew up in Anderson, joined Navy, discharged after two and half years, went to Anderson Uni and then out to Colorado State for a year to finish up graphic design and photography.

I may not be a true alumni but I have been going to games ever since Ford was coach (33 years old so not an old guy.)

Your family is made up of many top tier real and true

Nov 13, 2018, 8:23 AM

Clemson fans. But Ima need you to get on the ROYbus

I've got a BSCE and an MSCE which makes me twice the fan

Nov 12, 2018, 5:53 PM

and I'm smarter than most everyone because I am an engineer (if you don't believe it, just ask an engineer). Well, twice as smart because I am an engineer times 2.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If all of that is true, then you are in the top tier of the

Nov 13, 2018, 8:24 AM

real and true Clemson fans. No ROYbus for you!

What I take from your poast, GWP

Nov 12, 2018, 6:18 PM

Evidently you crammed a four-year degree into five or six years due to some deficiency on your part. Then to make yourself feel better about it, you've spun it into some fantasy that you stayed longer out of love for Clemson. I applaud your effort, but not buying it. We four-year undergrads are clearly superior.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

My situation

Nov 12, 2018, 8:04 PM

My father was a ‘54 graduate. I spent one year at Clemson in 1978 and have taken a 40 year hiatus from my education to this point. Now, I have a daughter in her second year there. I have a son in highschool working for a congressional appointment to AFA with a second choice of going to Clemson through the ROTC program. I, myself, plan on returning to Clemson to pursue my degree when I figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. Do I qualify? Yet???

Re: My situation

Nov 12, 2018, 9:23 PM

I guess with GWP's rules I'm still standing at the bus stop!

vance, you attended Clemson, you're an alum

Nov 13, 2018, 8:26 AM [ in reply to My situation ]

so you are a real and true Clemson fan!

I regret NOT staying at Clemson for 5 or 6 years!

Nov 13, 2018, 8:29 AM [ in reply to What I take from your poast, GWP ]

In hindsight I wish I had never left. I graduated in 4.5 years, basically to get a double minor. At the time I thought a double minor would be impressive. It's not!

Nov 12, 2018, 9:30 PM

Its obvious that GWP is proud of his Clemson degree. Good for him. Just remember not everyone has been blessed with the opportunity to attend Clemson. There's geographic and financial issues that direct the paths people take in life. I know people who are huge Clemson fans who served in the military. There are also fans who have degrees from very prestigious schools who are way ahead of Clemson academically. Some of these schools just don't have sports programs worth getting behind. Just remember GWP that big stadium would have around 25,000 people or less if the peasants didn't show up. When you say your prayers thank the good Lord for the opportunity you had to get your degree from Clemson. Every school has a segment of fans that embarrass the people that graduated from there school. All they care about is the football team winning games at all cost. These people could care less about the academic or morality side of things.
The problem here is you lump every non alumni into one group. Just remember that when you go to your next Clemson game. Sitting near you are people who are very educated who give a lot of money to Clemson University

Those non-alums are great Clemson fans and they help

Nov 13, 2018, 8:30 AM

make the program what it is today. I take nothing away from that!

But they're all on the ROYbus. TIA

Are there bonus points available for alumni who

Nov 12, 2018, 9:53 PM

commuted from North Carolina (Swannanoa to be exact) their final semester and had Figliola's aero class at 8:00?
Never late BTW....

Deer Mods... ^^this^^ should count at least

Nov 12, 2018, 9:55 PM

a little toward the steak knives, right?

I'm not sure about bonus points, I'll have to check with the

Nov 13, 2018, 8:31 AM

board of trustees on that one. However, you are a real and true Clemson fan!

Re: Are there bonus points available for alumni who

Nov 12, 2018, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Are there bonus points available for alumni who ]

A Clemson fan is in the heart and soul, not on a piece of parchment. My degree is not as prestigious as others and my GPR not nearly as good as it should have been. I had really good profs. and some who were just going through the motions. I was not a good student when I started and my grades suffered for these choices. Despite all of this, I became a true Clemson fan and almost 29 years after I started, I graduated. In that span, I lived and worked in Columbia, worked at CNSYD until it closed and was sent to work at varied locations. Some of these were good and some were not. Anywhere I went I stayed a CLEMSON FAN. We embrace those who are also fans despite the fact that they may not have had a chance to attend. I helped around campus when I first started and coached little league football for the Y.

I have a brother who graduated and two other brothers who went into the military and retired. My daughter has also graduated with a CE degree and I could not be prouder.

there should be only one requirement to be a Clemson fan; a love for Clemson. We may not agree but we should be civil. Frank Howard said that one should say "Hello" to anyone you make eye contact with.

Trying to say one is more a Clemson fan because of the type of degree is elitist and is only worthy of that cess pool of the south.

Nov 12, 2018, 10:08 PM

No one really gives a #### who you think are real fans but I’d love for you and who ever agrees with you to protest this ######## to Dabo to not allow anyone who are not alums to come to any football games or any other sporting events and see what you get or better yet tell me in person that you’re more of a fan than I am and see what you get!!!!!!!!

Apparently you're wrong

Nov 13, 2018, 8:34 AM

Lots of people care who I think are real and true Clemson fans, have you seen how many responses this thread got? Also, I never said ROYbus fans can't attend games, those are your words not mine. All fans are welcome to our sporting events, even the non-alum ROYbus fans.

T-Net member for almost 9 years and THIS is your first post?

Nov 13, 2018, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Since we have accurately concluded that Clemson ]

Maybe you should wait another 8+ years for the next one?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Nov 14, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Since we have accurately concluded that Clemson ]

Youre wrong

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Amen!***

Nov 12, 2018, 10:10 PM

“If you haven’t been to Elkmont, you haven’t been to

Nov 12, 2018, 10:14 PM

Clemson.”

So, only people who have shopped at Elkmont are true Clemson fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

4) People who don't know how to spell alums.

Nov 11, 2012, 8:13 PM

(hint: it doesn't have an 'n' at the end).

HTH

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I was just about to point that out myself.***

Nov 12, 2018, 10:56 PM

Nov 12, 2018, 11:07 PM

I am on the ROY bus then...with Dabo..... and Danny Ford (I was born in Alabama to boot).

Does this also apply to "Americans" that have not served in the military? Asking because I was BORN a Tiger even though I did not have the opportunity to attend a class (yet). The same logic could be used for folks who have not joined (yet)...they aren't "true" Americans. (Seriously, GTFO with the non-alums not being real fans....who is more, someone who never made a conscious "decision"...they just WERE a Tiger or someone who when they were choosing a University to attend, made the right choice to then BECOME a Tiger?)

Go Tigers!!!

Dabo is an honorary alum, he is not on the ROYbus. Hth***

Nov 13, 2018, 8:38 AM

Re: Dabo is an honorary alum, he is not on the ROYbus. Hth***

Nov 13, 2018, 8:48 AM

Alright, still on there with Danny and Frank Howard.

How about you GwP"Tiger", how many years of service have you completed?

What does the GwP stand for anyway? "Gags With P3n1$" is what I am assuming.

Go Tigers!!!

if you see frank Howard on the bus with you

Nov 13, 2018, 8:52 AM

you are in deep doo doo

I believe this is what the kids call "projecting"

Nov 13, 2018, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is an honorary alum, he is not on the ROYbus. Hth*** ]

and it's a personal attack which is against the tnet rules here.

As for me personally, I did not serve in the military and am very grateful for those that did serve and are serving now.

The post I made has nothing to do with military service, it is about ranking the real and true Clemson fans. Sometimes we need to have difficult conversations, and I can see this is one of those for you.

Peace be with you on the ROYbus my brother.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

Re: I believe this is what the kids call "projecting"

Nov 13, 2018, 9:41 AM

What is "projecting" about what I asked? Did it offend you? If it did, maybe you took it as a personal attack....I was just asking what GwP stands for and assumed something based off of your trolling.

I asked about service with your logic of being a "fan", that is all. If you are a TRUE Tiger, then you would have/should have been raised following "The Golden Rule"....take that for what you will...

Go Tigers!!!

GWP

Nov 13, 2018, 10:19 AM

stands for (gamecocks will prevail)
HTH

credit to RenegadeTiger®

It's unfortunate that -- not only are you on the ROY bus --

Nov 13, 2018, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Since we have accurately concluded that Clemson ]

but based on your user name you are also an UDP.

Hang in there buddy, and thanks for your service!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's unfortunate that -- not only are you on the ROY bus --

Nov 13, 2018, 10:17 AM

Haha, that is good...and yes, unfortunate.

Go Tigers!!!

So let me get this straight....

Nov 13, 2018, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Since we have accurately concluded that Clemson ]

one does not become a US citizen until they serve in the military?

Re: So let me get this straight....

Nov 13, 2018, 3:02 PM

Using the "logic" of only Alums are "true fans", then yes.

But, I believe that "CU2013" is just a coot troll too, so there is that....

Go Tigers!!!

Noted

Nov 14, 2018, 1:27 PM

Also, happy world kindness day to you, sir!

So real true fan since I

Nov 13, 2018, 8:25 AM

graduated and paid for my Clemson degree, married a Clemson girl (that I also paid for her degree), my daughter now has a Clemson degree I paid for and my son has applied to start next year. I will have paid for 16 semesters so I think I am in!

You are a top tier real and true Clemson fan!

Nov 13, 2018, 8:44 AM

Your daughter is also a real and true Clemson fan and your son will be soon.

No ROYbus for you!

Pigs of Clemson girl you married?

Nov 13, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to So real true fan since I ]

I won't ax for pigs of daughter but if you want to throw that in as well I won't complain.

Nov 13, 2018, 8:33 AM

You need to add 4+ years and legacy. You infidels need to stop posting. ??

Istayed for 6

Nov 13, 2018, 8:46 AM

nm

Nov 13, 2018, 9:09 AM

Spent 4 years at CU and left in 1980 without the sheepskin. Had 2 kids earn their degrees at CU. I'm happy to be on any bus, ROY or whatever. I'm along for the ride and enjoying every moment.

You're not on the ROYbus, you're an alum

Nov 13, 2018, 9:11 AM

Therefore you are a real and true Clemson fan!

This is a ridiculous argument that has been going on since

Nov 13, 2018, 9:33 AM

the first days of Tigernet.. If you pull for Clemson you are a fan and if Clemson and Iptay dumped all those fans who never graduated from Clemson the program would take a tremendous hit. Go Tigers! All are appreciated!

I agree that if you pull for Clemson you are a fan

Nov 13, 2018, 9:41 AM

I don't understand why anyone would think otherwise.

Nov 13, 2018, 1:19 PM

I can't believe this! You have so little to do that you sit around rating people that you see as less of a fan than you? There are plenty of people who love Clemson as much as you do whether they were there for 5 years, 4 years, or NO years! When I came out of high school I wanted to go to Clemson, but this was back in the day when kids obeyed their parents--and mine wanted me to go to a "girls' " school . As they were paying for it and I was an obedient daughter, that's what I did. But anyone who knows me knows that I am a PASSIONATE Clemson fan whose blood runs orange. Get off your high horse!

null

NOW WAIT JUST A DADGUM MINUTE HERE!

Nov 13, 2018, 2:51 PM

I'll have you know that my horse has NEVER done drugs and I don't appreciate you suggesting Buttercup is high!

As for the rest of your post, I am not suggesting you're not a passionate fan. I'm not even suggesting you're not a huge Clemson fan. So you can get off of your high horse and get back on the ROYbus with the rest of the non-alum fans!

I feel like you can put the folks replying to this thread

Nov 13, 2018, 1:37 PM

in 3 big baskets.

Re: I feel like you can put the folks replying to this thread

Nov 13, 2018, 1:45 PM

1) Alums
2) Non-Alums
3) GWP scoks

Yep, it's pretty easy to figure out who goes where***

Nov 13, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to I feel like you can put the folks replying to this thread ]

Re: Yep, it's pretty easy to figure out who goes where***

Nov 13, 2018, 11:01 PM

I think we have a 4th basket called fallaw. @_@

Yeah, just getting caught up on this ummmm "dude" who

Nov 14, 2018, 8:07 AM

seems to have a thing for me.

Nov 13, 2018, 4:19 PM

I did my time at Clemson and earned a degree however I still think you can be a fan and not have attended. I know plenty who didn’t but pay into IPTAY. I think we should at least let those slide

Nowhere did I say that non-alums can't be fans!

Nov 13, 2018, 4:37 PM

Of course they can! But they have to ride the ROYbus.

Re: Nowhere did I say that non-alums can't be fans!

Nov 13, 2018, 10:09 PM

GWP...

????????

Hilarious. I thank you, and as 4.5 year undergrad and a 3 semester never wrote my thesis grad program attendee, I hope I can make an upper tier!!

We do have those that

Nov 13, 2018, 6:46 PM

were conceived and born in Clemson. We supersede all of you interlopers. We are those, that are on a higher level than you lowly alumni. Regardless of educational affiliations our place is at a much higher level. It is God given and by birth right. And can’t be usurped by any other than himself.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

This board needs better trolls.***

Nov 13, 2018, 7:43 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know...it's obvious the current ones suffice***

Nov 14, 2018, 8:08 AM

Nov 13, 2018, 9:20 PM

First off, thank you for this poast. I have been a LONG TIME viewer of Tigernet but treat it like "Shark Week" on the cable TV - interesting to watch but I'm not getting in the deep water with you Makos and Great Whites. But with this poast I feel a sense of validation. I can better see my place in this big ol world. My credentials:
1 4.5 years (to get the extra football season) graduated in December of 90.
2. Followed my father and uncle as graduates.
3. Long time IPTAY member.
4. Raised wife and kids to love Clemson but won't let them sing alma mater. Lines have to be drawn somewhere.
5. Many Clemson related stickers on my vechicles.
So Where would I rank? The validation of others is important to me.
TIA in advance

You are in the top tier of the real and true fans my friend!

Nov 14, 2018, 8:09 AM

You walk right past that ROYbus, it's not for you!

Re: You are in the top tier of the real and true fans my friend!

Nov 14, 2018, 9:48 AM

Thank you the insight. I shall now go back to regular viewership because immediately after poasting a bar fight appears to break out on Tnet with some guy name Fallow. I'm too old for bar fights.

Nov 13, 2018, 9:26 PM

It's like the Romans...

If you were a citizen of Rome from birth, that equates to a Clemson grad.

If you were in the Roman Legion (that = 5+ years)
If you were an ordinary citizen (that = 4 years or less)

If you are a person who has been subjugated from another land entirely (i.e. never went to Clemson) but have sworn allegiance to, and serve the purposes of the Roman Empire (i.e. fans around the world who for one reason or another cheer for Clemson)...then by process, you are also a Roman citizen...albeit with fewer rights and privileges. But still, better to have you on board than to not.

If you were born in Gamecockinus...and later decide you want to be a Roman (i.e. undergrad from SCAR and post-grad at CU), you will never obtain citizenship. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 13, 2018, 9:42 PM

I’m calling you out gwp

Nov 13, 2018, 9:54 PM

I would love for you to meet me in person cause if you do I promise you....tigernet is not in your future!!!

Meet? You mean like in Gaffney? You gonna take the

Nov 14, 2018, 8:20 AM

ROYbus to get there?

Nov 13, 2018, 10:00 PM

Please boy cause you can be in trouble! You ###### with some folks that will hurt you!!

Nov 14, 2018, 2:54 PM

lol poor little ROY buser

Nov 13, 2018, 10:06 PM

There are people out there who are much bigger Clemson fans than most of the alumni on this site. Why do we need to come up with an A list or B list of Clemson fans? How about just people who love and support the Tigers no matter what?

Did undergrad in 4 years...but did not leave

Nov 13, 2018, 10:29 PM

Bartended downtown for 3 years and then did a master's degree but spread it out over 2 fall semesters.

So I was there from '88 - '97 to get my two degrees. What score do I get?

Top tier real and true fan

Nov 14, 2018, 8:11 AM

no ROYbus for you!

YES! I am someone. I am really someone.

Nov 14, 2018, 10:18 AM

Vindicated by others behind the keyboard, I too can walk tall now!

Nov 13, 2018, 10:35 PM

I guess everyone realizes that this whole post is a Catch-22. To answer the OP's questions, one would have to be a true fan, but the OP has made an assumption based on coot-logic, so only true fans can answer his questions. And since there are no proven rules for being a true fan, the questions cannot be answered.

Why do coots pose questions that have no answers? Please only answer if you are a true fan of CLEMSON, and only those with the highest number of points. Oh wait...

Nov 14, 2018, 10:14 AM

The OP is 100% correct

Nov 14, 2018, 3:56 PM

There have been over the years many non alumni or so called ROY fans who have made numerous financial contributions or other important contributions in ways that have made Clemson University a better place to go to school, a better place to live and raise your family or attend football games. We are all one big Clemson Family. And we all ride on the same bus. The Clemson Tiger Bus. No matter if you were recruited or walked on I believe we are all the same and we all love Clemson.

IMO opinion it does not matter if you are an alumni, parents of a Clemson graduate, were adopted, married into the family or walked-on. We are all the same because we love Clemson University. And we in our own way have made positive contributions which has made The Clemson Family so special. This is why other schools have tried and failed to be like Clemson. That’s because what we have at Clemson is genuine.

Go Tigers Fans no matter how you became part of the family. ????????????

Winthrop grads definitely belong on the ROYbus. Hth***

Nov 14, 2018, 5:06 PM

Replies: 183
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic