Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have more faith in Monte lee then I do Brownell.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I have more faith in Monte lee then I do Brownell.

Mar 3, 2019, 9:23 PM

I think coach Brownell has taken Clemson as far as he’s going to. Brownell has reached his ceiling as a coach. But coach monte lee I still feel like he could win a national championship at Clemson he’s yet to reach his ceiling. But he really needs to advance a team to the super regionals.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monte is doing fine

Mar 3, 2019, 9:24 PM

he is starting to bring in his type of players, and the young pitchers he has brough in look like they are going to be pretty good.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: monte is doing fine

Mar 3, 2019, 9:54 PM

How much do you have in your coaches, Martin and Muscoot?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have more faith in Monte lee then I do Brownell.

Mar 3, 2019, 9:59 PM

gosh i bet monte is so relieved. smfh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2019, 5:18 AM

So you’re saying the team has to make a super regional before they can win a CWS? Now I’m confused, I thought y’all had figured out a way to win, even when you lose. This is a big blow to coot logic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you using the word 'faith,' loosely?

Mar 4, 2019, 6:36 AM

At this point I'd say Brownell is barely scraping by. I don't expect him to last. I really like the man's coaching but his recruiting isn't ACC caliper though he seems to recruit guys who most do their work on and off the court. I just feel they don't have the natural ability to play at the top of this conference which doesn't mean I don't love and respect their work ethic, dedication to our program and school.

My faith is in God.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here we have a post talking about baseball AND basketball

Mar 4, 2019, 8:43 AM

but posted on the football board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Here we have a post talking about baseball AND basketball

Mar 4, 2019, 9:48 AM

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Mar 4, 2019, 9:11 AM

Brownell is fine. I am sure D Rad sees what I see, unlike some arm chair basketball coaches on this board. Our team is no slouch and the youth look the part. We had a brutal ACC schedule to start and have been battling the whistle in 3 of our 4 last second losses, 3 of which were road games.

I used to think that next season would be the make or break season for Brad, but I am not as concerned as I was. In seeing; how the young guys fight (including Simms), their body's, and their skill sets in ACC play. I also believe that if some better decisions were made on the court by our seniors we win at least 2 of those 4 last second losses, easily and I am not talking about the missed free throws in Raleigh. I don't see that as a negative issue on Brad. I see it as there is room for our program to do better under Brad's leadership.

Monte has the advantage of history of Clemson baseball on his side, which makes his journey much easier, imo. He will also be fine. It is going to be fun to watch when all these young pitchers get more experience. Sucks, that Stider got hurt. I was looking forward to seeing his progression this year.

^^ THIS***

Mar 4, 2019, 12:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 4, 2019, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I have more faith in Monte lee then I do Brownell. ]

"Brownell is fine. I am sure D Rad sees what I see, unlike some arm chair basketball coaches on this board."

Well - there you have it I guess. And we've been so concerned all these years watching failure after failure after failure... Now we can sit back and watch the trophy case fill up. I have been so wrong for so many years. I'm not sure if St Peter has scratched my name off of his list yet, so it's a good thing I can see the light now.

“The youth look the part.”

Mar 4, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I have more faith in Monte lee then I do Brownell. ]

Who are the youth, and exactly what part do they look?

Just curious

Mar 4, 2019, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I have more faith in Monte lee then I do Brownell. ]

What youth are you speaking of? Trapp who is averaging 6 points per game? Simms who is averaging 8 points and 4 rebounds per game? That's enough to offset the loss of Reed, Thomas, and Mitchell to you?

Mar 7, 2019, 4:58 PM

The freshman and sophomores both are an upgrade from where we were when Brad took all the transfers that have been the nucleus of this team. Look at where we were versus where we are, in terms of how our young players look physically and how they play as a unit, as well as their fire and determination. Back when E Thomas and the other transfers got here our offense was 4 guys watching 1. Hudson, Robertine, Djitte, Spencer, Oliver versus Simms, Trap, Newman, Hunter, and Jemison are all legit players that will develope. We will see about Parker Fox next season, along with the 2019 class.

Mar 4, 2019, 9:47 AM

Monte is still a young Coach in his first big time job .
This year he should get a pass because it’s going to take some time to get these young players ready.
Next season there will be no excuses in year 5 that we don’t make a postseason run.
We will see exactly where we stand this year in the ACC this weekend.
UNC is a very good experienced team , so I hope we win the series. But I would be OK with winning 1 as long as the games are competitive.

Mar 4, 2019, 10:55 AM

MIGHTY WHITE OF YOU SUPER FAN. I AM SURE MONTE CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT.

Mar 4, 2019, 12:30 PM

You mean after you pull your tongue out

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic