Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Elay
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,495

Elay

Feb 4, 2019, 12:33 PM

Set to announce on Wed. Any insight on him?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elay

Feb 4, 2019, 12:37 PM

*Ealy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, according to my inside sources, which is where I

Feb 4, 2019, 12:39 PM

get my inside information from, Ealy is a lock to Tigertown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Here is Ole Miss' outlook on Ealy

Feb 4, 2019, 12:43 PM

I have a FB friend who is a big ole miss rebel/bear/shark fan...She always posts stuff on them..

Jerrion Ealy, 5-star RB, Jackson, MS
Ealy has been called a once-in-a-generation player by many–and with good reason. The 5-star running back comes right out of the Rebels’ backyard in Jackson. He de-committed from Ole Miss on January 8 before taking a visit to Clemson. Despite the belief that the talented baseball player will choose the MLB Draft over college football, he is expected to sign his NLI Wednesday. Ealy is a top-25 MLB Draft prospect for 2019 and will likely be a first-round pick this summer.

Make no mistake, it hurt to lose Ealy–if the Rebs do, indeed, lose him. He was the icing on the cake for this class and is recognized as the third-best player in Mississippi–in a year that is loaded with talent.

Ealy has been to Oxford countless times over the years, but Saturday (Jan. 26) was his last trip to Ole Miss before he signs his letter of intent. The two-sport star spent part of his weekend with Rebels’ baseball coach Mike Bianco, as well. It’s reported that the schools in the mix are Clemson, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Alabama.

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney was in Jackson Tuesday to visit Ealy, and the Tigers are currently the favorites to land the MVP of the Under Armour All-America game. One item of note, however, is that Clemson just got a commit from 3-star running back Mikey Dukes this weekend, the Tigers’ second RB recruit in the 2019 class.

Ealy visited Alabama this weekend with his last official visit. Incidentally, that is also where former Mississippi State running backs coach Charles Huff now works for Tide head coach Nick Saban. The 5-star is said to have a strong relationship with Huff.

Ealy will sign his letter of intent on February 6th, but it will be unclear until this summer whether or not he will choose college over the MLB Draft.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is Ole Miss' outlook on Ealy

Feb 4, 2019, 12:47 PM

The 20th pick last year got around 3.5 million to sign his name so I know what I would do if I was him. I know he is very good at football but I would take the money because in 3 years a lot can happen to keep him from ever receiving that kind of money. Just my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2019, 12:54 PM

I think that you are right. The offer to the Dukes kid makes me think that Dabo expects this youngster to try to become a big leaguer at an early age. Considering what he will be offered in the draft and the uncertainty of injury playing college ball, he will choose to ride buses for a year or two before he becomes very wealthy! Good luck to him.

I wonder how he compares with Beer at this age?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2019, 1:26 PM

Remember Beer never got drafted because he was an early enrollee. So once he enrolled he had to wait until after his 3rd year before the MLB could draft him. Beer obviously wanted the experience of college before he went on to MLB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2019, 1:36 PM

Beer was receiving reports over the summer that his draft stock was not going to be as high as he wanted it to be out of high school.

Because he was close enough, he decided to graduate early.

This allowed him to get drafted a year earlier than he would have if he graduated on time and then did 3 years.

Once he knew he needed to go to college to up his stock, he got a head start.

Feb 4, 2019, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Here is Ole Miss' outlook on Ealy ]

I have heard that the Dukes offer was not related to Ealy.

Same report said that Elliot likes to have 5 RBs. The Dukes take is more about losing 2 after the season than about Ealy. Getting Dukes and Ealy means only need 1 to fill that in 2020 class. I believe Dukes is expected to redshirt.

In regards to Beer vs Ealy. They are very different players.

Beer was a hitting prospect only coming out of high school. He spent his time at Clemson trying to find a defensive position and improve his other skills.

Ealy is a star center fielder. He is a speed and defense guy. I have heard from baseball people that his position in the draft will depend on how he hits this spring.

Their tools and style of play are in complete contrast so it makes it very hard to determine which is better.

However, similar to Beer, if Ealy would have wanted to enroll this spring he would likely be getting a ton of playing time immediately.

could you imagine

Feb 4, 2019, 7:18 PM

if he decided to come to clemson to play football AND baseball? that would be awesome. a longshot though

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Here is Ole Miss' outlook on Ealy ]

plus a BB career is usually much long than a RB in the nfl.

Feb 4, 2019, 5:57 PM

Shut your mouth.

Re: Elay

Feb 4, 2019, 7:28 PM

Tiger

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,495
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive