Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any U of SCAR starters could play for Clemson next sason?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Any U of SCAR starters could play for Clemson next sason?

Jan 14, 2019, 11:17 AM

Now that we are losing so many players to the NFL and graduation, are there any U of SCAR players (Besides Heisman candidate Bentley of course) who could start for Clemson next season?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any U of SCAR starters could play for Clemson next sason?

Jan 14, 2019, 11:23 AM

I say that is highly unlikely. Mostly because their best players (2 WRs and 1 true freshmen DE) play the same positions as some of our best players and deepest positions.

If they had a superstar DT or LB, that would be their only chance. I say no to starting. Maybe they would compete for a spot on the 2 deep at DT since we only have 4 returning. Kinlaw might could be a 2nd stringer there.

That quarterback for USuCk could...

Jan 14, 2019, 11:36 AM

qualify to wash Clemson jockey straps if he really focused.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 11:38 AM

I hear that we play everyone so at least the coots could play after the band does their shift in mop-up duty.

Jan 14, 2019, 11:49 AM

Shi Smith would probably start in the slot since Renfrow left, and I think he's pretty good.
DJ Wonnum at DE would probably start over Foster/KJ.
TJ Brunson could maybe start at MLB or WLB over Smith, Smith, and/or Skalski.
Jaycee Horn is legit, so he would probably start at CB opposite of AJ Terrell.

That's all that I can think of though.

Rogers wil likely move to slot***

Jan 14, 2019, 12:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Rogers wil likely move to slot***

Jan 14, 2019, 12:47 PM

I'm operating under the assumption that Rogers will stay at the boundary position. So, if you just look at the slot position; Hunter and Trevion are gone. Which is why I think he could start. And, I personally believe that he is their most talented WR.

I dunno how.. especially if Ladson and Ngata

Jan 14, 2019, 1:09 PM

Are as advertised. You are looking at Tee Ross 2.0.

Even If you don't move Roger's, you still have Overton and Powel who will be seniors. GOOD wrs but don't have tee, justin height.

And after that you still got Chase and Kendrick who are good.. but again, don't have the height.

WR is pretty good. I dunno how any1 doesn't realize this. Chase, Kendrick, Overton, ...and Powell wil convince you this year.

Being the best on a team of average doesn't mean much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I dunno how.. especially if Ladson and Ngata

Jan 14, 2019, 1:55 PM

It’s hard for me to say Ladson and Ngata would start over Shi, simply because I’ve never seen them play. And there will be a learning curve. If we went into a 4 WR set, I could see Tee, Ross, Amari, and Shi. In my opinion, he’s an NFL lock. We don’t know how the starting 3 will look next year. And just using what we know, TJ Chase and Spector will be slot WRs. Shi would start over both of them.

No way hosey...

Jan 14, 2019, 2:54 PM

Again.. there will be a standout on every team. It is the same crap every year with Scar. Deebo, Edward's, shi...

In scar's case shi looks the part because he is surrounded be lesser WRs. Some1 has to standout.

Put him next to Ross or Higgins ...and he will look like an average WR.

I dunno why any1 would doubt this staff's ability to judge WRs anymore.

Re: No way hosey...

Jan 14, 2019, 4:41 PM

I don’t know if you are aware of this, but Clemson doesn’t offer every good player.

Jan 14, 2019, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Any U of SCAR starters could play for Clemson next sason? ]

I see those feathers sticking out under that jacket you're wearing. KJ would have been a bigger contributor than he was if he didn't decide to redshirt. Skalski, played during the NC game. He's going to be a beast next year. I expect both Chad and Shaq Smith being big contributors this year as well. Slot will be filled with someone like Rodgers. That way we get Ross, Higgins, and Rodgers on the field at the same time. The only place they can field anyone of on offense is maybe at TE. You should be able to tell us who USuC TE is. Maybe he could play some. as far as DL the kid that decided to leave the National Champions to go to a 7-6 team could have contributed this past year but the work he would have had to put in was too much to ask. So he bailed and now regrets it. It shows that he regrets it by showing up at our home games to watch. If Jaycee Horn was really legit he wouldn't have picked a SECheat bottom dweller to take his talents. Kyler McMichael and Mario Goodrich are going to be great at CB. So I'd say maybe the punter could start a Clemson. He's had a lot of practice over in the dumpster.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 12:48 PM

I mentioned 4 of their 22 starters, and I'm a coot omegalul. Okay guy

Jan 14, 2019, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Any U of SCAR starters could play for Clemson next sason? ]

Shi Smith has 0 chance to start at WR. He isn’t in the same league as our guys... hence why Dabo didn’t offer.

I agree the Horn kid seems like a good player and could give the spot opposite AJ a run. Any LB of theirs in undersized and would not start for BV.

Is their punter still there? I’d take him. Also, I think Bentley would make a pretty good scout team QB for the team.

Shi Smith would probably start in the slot since Renfrow left, and I think he's pretty good.
DJ Wonnum at DE would probably start over Foster/KJ.
TJ Brunson could maybe start at MLB or WLB over Smith, Smith, and/or Skalski.
Jaycee Horn is legit, so he would probably start at CB opposite of AJ Terrell.

That's all that I can think of though.

Shi Smith would not start of Derion Kendrick,
DJ Wonnum (overrated and frequently injured) would not start over XT, Henry, or Foster. (maybe not even Mascoll)
Brunson is undersized and will not start over Skalski or either of the Smiths
Horn is good, but I don't think he starts over Terrell, McMichal, and probably Booth they are all more/equally talented and don't have his attitude problems.

I tend to think that the best player they may have is Dylan Wonnum at RT. I can envision Wonnum being one of the best five OL we have, maybe moving Carmen to OG and letting Wonnum play RT.

Jan 14, 2019, 2:02 PM

Shi is a slot WR, Kendrick is a boundary WR. So they play different positions.

Wonnum may be overrated, but we have no idea if Foster and KJ make a massive jump. I really hope they do, but we haven’t seen it yet.

Skalski is good. But, we don’t know about Shaq and Chad, which I why I said Brunson could start over them. We haven’t seen them in a starting role yet.

Horn was a freshman All-American. He’s their best defensive player. We’ve never seen Booth play. McMichael and Goodrick played sparingly. But, I understand your point.

This can all change based off how the Clemson players mentioned develop. As it stands now though, those 4 SC players are their best to start for us.

Belk, Smith, and pickens

Jan 14, 2019, 12:02 PM

Would be competing for time.

I'm glad the coots finally realize Edwards and Deebo would not be starting at clemson.

Belk?

Jan 14, 2019, 12:49 PM

That's a joke, right?

I firmly believe Belk would be starting this year

Jan 14, 2019, 1:15 PM

If he stayed.

Maybe if he had a good attitude and worked hard this year

Jan 14, 2019, 1:27 PM

he looked terrible this year and you could tell he didn't eat right or work out right.

Re: Belk, Smith, and pickens

Jan 14, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Belk, Smith, and pickens ]

I dunno with Deebo. If he had been in our system for 3 years with his talent then I'd give him a high chance of being huge for us. Who knows if he'd start over Ross or Higgins, but he certainly would've been heavily involved IMO. Keep in mind that I'm saying had he been here from day 1 with our coaches and part of our system.

No way deebo starts over Caine, Ross, Higgins, or

Jan 14, 2019, 1:17 PM

Williams.

He'd be rotating with the other 2deep.

He would've been a pretty good return man!***

Jan 14, 2019, 5:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Belk, Smith, and pickens

Jan 14, 2019, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Belk, Smith, and pickens ]

Pickens would be in a rotation at DT most likely.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 12:20 PM

Bentley could be a tackle dummy

Jan 14, 2019, 1:32 PM

He already is a Clemson tackling dummy

Jan 14, 2019, 12:25 PM

I don't know. Maybe a LB or a DT?? I am not sure who the Coots have. How is their TE?

Jan 14, 2019, 12:28 PM

Maybe 1 or so if their WBB players could crack our WBB starting line up but outside of that uhhhh absolutely not.

One or two might get mop-up time for one semester, but would

Jan 14, 2019, 12:48 PM

be kicked out for academic reasons after that.

punter?***

Jan 14, 2019, 12:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 12:54 PM

Over and under set at 15 on how many times this question will be asked this year

Waaaaay over 15***

Jan 14, 2019, 1:22 PM

Jan 14, 2019, 1:28 PM

We could probably use their punter. Maybe a tight end as well but that's about it.

TE, K or P seem only options***

Jan 14, 2019, 4:24 PM

A few of those guys

Jan 14, 2019, 5:07 PM

Had their chance to be in the Tiger starting rotation...they declined the opportunity and, thus, forfeit their right to even be considered. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic